Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Deeney

Watford demand £35million for Troy Deeney,

Watford will tell all suitors for Troy Deeney that they will have to pay £35million to get their man this summer.

The 28-year-old is a target for West Bromwich Albion while Leicester City and Everton have also discussed the Birmingham-born striker.

However, Sportsmail understands that Deeney has a clause in his contract that stipulates the club would allow him to leave but only once they receive a clear £25million, after sell-on percentages are taken into account.

Deeney's former club Walsall are due a cut of any fee while the player is one year into a new five year contract.

Deeney is understood to be concerned at how his season finished under Walter Mazzarri and, though the Italian coach is being replaced, the Watford forward is ready to look at a fresh challenge should it arise.

Albion manager Tony Pulis has held talks with the club's Chinese owners about improving their budget, including wages but the price on Deeney may still prove too high.

Pass

I said no last summer, in hindsight I wish we had gone for him, £35m now? Certainly not.

He doesn't even start for Watford does he? £35m for a player that doesn't even make Watford's starting 11?!! :nigel:

That said he's an improvement on Slimani and we threw £30m away on him...thing is he was never worth £30m in the first place, which leads me back to my first point, I wish we'd spent it on Deeney last summer if that was the choice.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I said no last summer, in hindsight I wish we had gone for him, £35m now? Certainly not.

He doesn't even start for Watford does he? £35m for a player that doesn't even make Watford's starting 11?!! :nigel:

That said he's an improvement on Slimani and we threw £30m away on him...thing is he was never worth £30m in the first place, which leads me back to my first point, I wish we'd spent it on Deeney last summer if that was the choice.

Deeney better than Slimani?

You'd imagine him complimenting Vardy well, if he and we hit form he could be looking at an England place. Only issue really is Slimani and to a lesser extent Ulloa, we have big bustling Centre Forwards and one with a point to prove with Slim next year. I'd press around £25m but higher still seems crazy.

West Brom have Rondon who'd similar and Everton Lukaku; although who could be leaving, would he be big enough to go in and fill those boots?

Just now, buzzer_b said:

Troy Deeney for £35 million!? Behave lollol

The way the price this season looks like peanuts next season is a good enough reason for me to focus on the player not the price ....   Might be talking bolox ....    Waits for answer ...

35 Million Baht?? A real snip gerrimin now!

BTW - make that 65 Million big ones (UKP) for Mahrez going on that pricing model. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Slimani is a better player.

But ..   Slimani and Deeney (playing together) would be the first proper alternative choice to Vardy and Shinji that we have had.  Sell Musa and Leo to recoup some of the money ...    Good business.

Archived