Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

You get plenty of fans, not just from Wolves, who say they'd rather not go up to be in a dogfight/midtable every season and prefer to see us winning most weeks in a lower league. 

Absolute nonsense opinion. The Championship is shit and a real grind every season, full of two or three decent footballing sides and the rest mediocre attritional rubbish.

League One was a decent experience when we were there but you knew if we scored first then we'd win 99 times out of 100. Striker would get through on goal and miss 9 times out of 10. It was a dull league, albeit with a decent standard of passing football.

Edited by The Bear

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

You get plenty of fans, not just from Wolves, who say they'd rather not go up and be in a dogfight/midtable every season and prefer to see us winning most weeks in a lower league. 

Absolute nonsense opinion. The Championship is shit and a real grind every season, full of two or three decent footballing sides and the rest mediocre attritional rubbish.

League One was a decent experience when we were there but you knew if we scored first then we'd win 99 times out of 100. Striker would get through on goal and miss 9 times out of 10. It was a dull league, albeit with a decent standard of passing football.

So, theoretically, you'd want to win plenty of games and then lose the play-offs and repeat year on year?

The Championship was brilliant for us in 2013/14 and 2009/10 was enjoyable but 2004-2008 was unremittingly miserable, 2010-12 an expensive waste of time and February to April 2013 was one of the most joyless runs of games.

Give me this season, however frustrating at times it has been, any day of the week over the Championship.

Hard to argue with Warnock for manager, although Nuno has got us playing the best football in the division, with a continental 3-4-3, and with zero experience of the division, all with just one pre-season, as well as gelling 12 new signings together.

Team-wise I'd be switching Cairney and Sessegnon around (Sessegnon doesn't play in defence any more), and replacing Cairney with Barry Douglas who has the most assists in the league (13), level with Snodgrass (an attacking midfielder).

Maybe even replace Adomah (14G, 5A) with Cavaeiro (9G, 12A).

Got to think it's either Neves or Sessegnon for POTS. I think you know where my vote would be going! Absolute Rolls Royce of a player in this league. Neves for me, Sesssegnon YPOTS.

Edited by The Bear

Guest FriendlyRam

I don't think us Derby lot would call the Championship the best league in the country, and we'll be having nightmares about this period in our history (2014-18) for the rest of our lives. Plus if we really wanted to stay in this league we wouldn't be so frustrated and distraught about the collapses every season. If anything good comes out of this period it'll be we've become more humble, its been a very sobering run. 

59 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He was consistently in bloody Leeds every night getting wankered at Hull

I think he's from Leeds. Must have lived there still when at Hull?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Has Vydra been that good for Derby to get in the team of the season?

He's the top scorer in the league. 

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Remember when Willy Bolly was better than Wes Morgan?

Turns out he’s worse than John ****ing Terry.

3 hours ago, Turbogre said:

No Willy Bolly lol

You pair of muppets. Loan players aren't allowed... He's better than both Terry and Coady! (And Wes :whistle:). 

Bialkowski has been the best keeper in the league. But Ruddy has more clean sheets which I think is what they rank the GKs on. 

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He's the top scorer in the league. 

You pair of muppets. Loan players aren't allowed... He's better than both Terry and Coady! (And Wes :whistle:). 

Bialkowski has been the best keeper in the league. But Ruddy has more clean sheets which I think is what they rank the GKs on. 

is that a new rule? sure loads of loan players have been in it before. seems like a stupid rule.

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

is that a new rule? sure loads of loan players have been in it before. seems like a stupid rule.

Pontus Jansson, Glenn Murray and Aaron Mooy were in last seasons team of the year and were all on loan.

Unless it's been changed this year.

fair enough, I mean I don't know much about the championship cos it seems like a lifetime ago that we were in it.

but we've deffo had loan players in teams of the year before, but it doesn't make much sense to disqualify them from it. if they're the best player in the division who cares if theyre on loan lol.

Guest FriendlyRam
2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Has Vydra been that good for Derby to get in the team of the season?

He's been great in an otherwise very average side. He's the reason we still have a chance of playoffs, his goals have been crucial. 

He will off in the summer if we fail to go up, he's the only player we have who will be wanted and he's the only asset with we have at this time. Lawrence will in time come good but he will be playing in a really cr*p side next season (if we fail to go up)