Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Not sure what Forest think they can achieve. They are mid table where they should be. They survived relegation last season on goal difference (goal scored) and their squad is pretty average. They still have Hobbs and Mills on their books. 

Agree.

I think it makes it worse for them that their neighbours are doing so well - we are solid Premier League and Derby are riding high in the Championship.

Pearson might be interested due he'll be able to head back to Nottingham. But difficult place to go though, such a poison chalice job. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be Grayson walking into the City Ground. A lot of Forest think they can get Monk?

Edited by Leicesterpool

Steve Bruce creating his own nonsense again.

‘We had a bad forty-five against Brentford, and all of a sudden, we’re in a crisis. It was only a game and a half ago that we were two up against Sheffield United. We’ve got to stop this mass hysteria otherwise we aren’t going to get anywhere.

I know we disappointed against Brentford, but you’ve just got to look at the Championship results to see how difficult a league it is and I know we are Aston Villa and there’s a big expectation, but you know - all of a sudden there’s a crisis again.

The result? I’m delighted. I’m delighted we went up to Middlesbrough and won... Because it’s shut a few people up hasn’t it? It’s become very, very annoying that we are a week away from a crisis, because we’ve gotta’ stop and get on with the job at hand, and that’s taking this club forward’

Villa fans are getting sick of him.

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2017/12/30/16833870/steve-bruces-selective-targeting-of-the-aston-villa-fanbase-is-going-to-end-badly

Guest FriendlyRam

Makes it better that lot said Warburton would out last Rowett ? theyre a proper joke club a joke that keeps on giving, i wouldnt miss them if we went up even the matches are stale nowadays. 

Edited by FriendlyRam

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

He shows loads of passion out there, but in interviews he's so calm and well spoken. Very rarely blames anyone but tonight he had a bit of a go at the ref as I think he's getting more and more frustrated by them, as I mentioned earlier.

You wouldn't need to blame anyone if you're winning every week though, surely? 

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Steve Bruce creating his own nonsense again.

Villa fans are getting sick of him.

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2017/12/30/16833870/steve-bruces-selective-targeting-of-the-aston-villa-fanbase-is-going-to-end-badly

been sick of him from day one, dont think any of them supported

Guest FriendlyRam

Wolves fans surely getting bored ? Theyre not even breaking sweat no pressure on em whatsoever ?

Id have taken this position before boxing day and happy to be in the mix

Cottee use to play for Leicester so im shocked he said that, but the table doesnt lie, mr cottee.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Imaging getting battered 0-3 at home to Burton Albion. Some of the wrist slitters on here should see the state of many other clubs before going on a tirade. 

Sheffield Wednesday have just hired Charlton's ex-chief executive as part of their boardroom, who had been quite heavily criticised from Addicks fans over how she ran their club.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Imaging getting battered 0-3 at home to Burton Albion. Some of the wrist slitters on here should see the state of many other clubs before going on a tirade. 

Didn't they do a proper job on us in a cup match under Pearson 4-1 at our place?:ph34r:

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Wheels coming off Bristol City and Cardiff. I think we broke Bristol City with our late winner the other night! Warnock crying about refs again which is hilarious.

Win tomorrow at home to Brentford and we go 14 clear of Derby.

Bristol's squad has been decimated by injuries over the last month or so and I'd say that this is now catching up with them with the sheer volume of games. Could easily see them slipping away over next month or so, especially with the League Cup distraction as well.

2 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Sunderland fans called us tin pot for decades. Maybe it's time they took some of our medicine and it will taste twice as sour.

Sunderland and Hull putting in a cracking effort to ensure they only spend 1 season in the Championship after relegation from the Prem. 

37 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Sunderland and Hull putting in a cracking effort to ensure they only spend 1 season in the Championship after relegation from the Prem. 

League one could be looking a tough league next season the way things are going, with currently potential you could have Sunderland, Birmingham, Blackburn, Bradford, Portsmouth, Hull and Charlton all could be targeting promotion. 

3 hours ago, katieakita said:

Didn't they do a proper job on us in a cup match under Pearson 4-1 at our place?:ph34r:

2-4 in the league cup, then got them in the fa cup 3rd round and won 2-0 in the same season.

We are supposedly signing Rafael Mir for €2m Euros.

He was said to be headed for Real Madrid for their B team. 15 goals in 19 games for Valencia B. Though he has played 8 games for the first team including the Champions League. Nuno gave him his debut I believe.

I know his name as being one of those wonderkids on Champ Manager. Will be an excellent signing, especially for that price. Nothing confirmed yet though but it's all over Twitter and a couple of ITKs said we were signing a Spanish striker soon.

I missed tonight's game as I was out, but another comfortable victory against a decent side. Not seen the goals yet but the first two are supposed to be peaches.

Guest FriendlyRam

You rolled over an in form side. 14 points clear of 3rd, 12 clear of us with 2 or 3 signings coming in.... 

I think we're going to be quiet in the window, no major signings which is just as well, the last time we signed a load of players in january we collasped in a heap.

17 hours ago, baker11 said:

Very very strange move.

And it seems their fans have been offered re-fund on their season tickets..

Sure its been a disappointing season - on the of back 2 decent ones but the SW fans have probably seen worse..

Credit to Wolves as no doubt the pundits were ready to stick the knife in over the overseas imports and manager saying "they won't cut it"

Has there been any criticism of the Wolves policy though like there was with ours when the Pozzos came in.

Slightly different I know as we had lots of players on loan from Udinese rather than just buying players outright using contacts. 

• Like 1