Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

14 hours ago, Corky said:

I'd actually prefer Derby to be promoted than have to listen to Warnock whining his way through another Premier League season.

He wouldn't last the season. Warnock is not a good enough PL manager and if Cardiff go up they'll be shot of him by this time next year. Cast iron guarantee

• Like 1

I'd be disappointed with that if I was a Boro fan. Short term appointment.

Can't quite explain it as well as I'd like, but consistently winning games in the Championship to get yourself up is a very different proposition to grinding out points in the Premier League just to stay afloat. It's a very different division to the one Pulis managed in ten years ago.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'd be disappointed with that if I was a Boro fan. Short term appointment.

Can't quite explain it as well as I'd like, but consistently winning games in the Championship to get yourself up is a very different proposition to grinding out points in the Premier League just to stay afloat. It's a very different division to the one Pulis managed in ten years ago.

Totally agree. He's an appointment for a team looking to stay up, not go up. You do need to be more expansive at the top end of leagues. Very weird by Boro!

Boro chairman Steve Gibson added: "We're excited by this appointment and by what Tony can bring to this football club. There was strong interest from two other clubs, and we're delighted Tony has decided to join us."

Hmm...wonder who the other 2 clubs are, Swansea and...?

Guest FriendlyRam

Good result for us, weve still got to do our bit and hope wolves can do us a favour, wont be easy at brist city either. Im in 2 minds whether i want wolves to win or not though, they lose the gap closes in slightly but tbh they will pull away big soon so they might as well clear off now ?

Wolves win we can afford to slip up aswell, itll just keep things tight.