Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

3 hours ago, Matt said:

"Regretting he had stayed", "Head was turned"...Remind me, who made a bid again to make him regret staying? And who exactly turned his head?

According to Mahrez and a few reports in France Arsenal were in for him last year. 

My view is there is interest from clubs but they've said he needs to push for the move. He's essentially given up his loyalty bonus, ie 10% of any move by putting in a transfer request. I can't see him putting in a transfer request without a club being interested, whoever that might be. Silly boy not putting a release clause in his new contract though. 

11 minutes ago, WengersWingMan said:

According to Mahrez and a few reports in France Arsenal were in for him last year. 

My view is there is interest from clubs but they've said he needs to push for the move. He's essentially given up his loyalty bonus, ie 10% of any move by putting in a transfer request. I can't see him putting in a transfer request without a club being interested, whoever that might be. Silly boy not putting a release clause in his new contract though. 

He wasn't in a strong position last August. He isn't now but at least he has earned a decent wedge over twelve months. Contrast that with ozil and Sanchez who are so far into their contracts that they can demand an enourmous salary rise to re sign or they will take the difference between the suppressed transfer fee and market value in a massive s/o fee.   Arsenal have dropped the ball big time by allowing their contracts to wind down to the final year. 

50 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Had a meeting today with two Gooner fans and they don't want him. Said he was a show pony.

Not surprised... hasn't done it enough.

Players like Sanchez, Alli, Eriksen have done it consistently for more than one season.

I think he'll end up staying. His below par performances can't have impressed many scouts. Total opposite to Kasper.

6 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

After having a few days to think on this I'm convinced Riyad is building his part up a little bit too much here. He is basically stating that he is too good to play for Leicester City now, even though no bids for him appear to have been made. His level of skill would suggest that he is good enough for those CL teams but at the moment his performances are well short of that. After watching Atletico close up it is clear to see what makes a world class player, not only amazing ability but also the desire to be the best player on the pitch no matter what your teammates are doing, at the moment Riyad doesn't have that, his mood and application is a reflection of the teams performance. As fantastic as he can be, I'll be amazed if anyone bids over £25 for him atm.

I will as well. I think he'll get a big reality check this transfer window when no one wants to pay 50 million for his services. Ok arsenal might come in on the cheap for 25 million but I think that will be more of a statement to their disgruntled fans than anything else. They'll have to drop Ozil for mahrez and as much as I love mahrez playing for our club, I personally think ozil is a far better player.

49 minutes ago, WengersWingMan said:

Chelsea were in for him last season 

Hard to understand why he signed a 4 year deal and yet made an informal agreement to stay on for just a year.

To me, signing a 4 year deal implies commitment. Maybe he just wanted insurance, and a good wedge for the year.

Hard to understand why the club were happy with that.

I don't think that reflects very well on Mahrez. He seems to want it all ways. Hard to forgive his lack of effort on the pitch this season, or his complaining (if it's true) of our standing in his way by slapping on a high asking price.

11 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Hard to understand why he signed a 4 year deal and yet made an informal agreement to stay on for just a year.

To me, signing a 4 year deal implies commitment. Maybe he just wanted insurance, and a good wedge for the year.

I don't think that reflects very well on Mahrez. He seems to want it all ways. Hard to forgive his lack of effort on the pitch this season, or his complaining (if it's true) of our standing in his way by slapping on a high asking price.

I think the club were just so desperate to keep him based on the previous season they would have agreed to any terms he, or his agent, demanded and consequently they think every club is desperate to sign him up. He should have tried harder last season but he didn't. His time for a big transfer was last year. 

17 minutes ago, deep blue said:

As you've said, By signing a deal, Mahrez gets a year of high wage, the owners get the insurance of a high transfer fee. Mahrez would have had to accept this at the time of signing the deal. We will let him go, but it will be for a reasonable price.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Get French football (who have been on the ball re mahrez in the past) are reporting that the fee we want is £39m (€45m) and he wants £110k/week salary

he is clearly softening his salary demand ( as a player at that value can easily demand 150k) to try and enable the fee to be increased. 

It also says that neither Monaco or Arsenal are prepared to pay that

why..that's a bargain at 110K quids...

Ozil is getting 300K

He will go and he will go for the £40 million. The bigger clubs are currently sorting through their shopping list. Riyad, rightly so, is lower down that shopping list than say a Mbappe. 

He he will get his move but will be the one the rest of your mates passed. He isn't the number one target anymore. Whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant. It's what is out there. 

For example, if you offered us Lacazette or Mahrez - each person would take Lacazette. That doesn't mean Mahrez isnt good, because he is. It just means there is better prime beef out there. 

Mahrez will  be the Sissoko signing this summer. I just hope he doesn't turn out like that.

the sooner the suck hole goes the better, he really dogged it this year. the sooner we get his transfer fee in the sooner we can buy players that want to be here. its a real shame he was a one in a million player, but i think his ego got the better of him. P.S. dont let the door hit u on the way out.

9 hours ago, deep blue said:

It's not that hard to understand. We needed him for another year.

If we wasn't prepared to sell him last summer, then his options were to either stay on around 40k a week, or take 100k a week. He then could still probably leave this summer and we get a bigger fee with him being on a long contract. 

8 hours ago, erlee said:

why..that's a bargain at 110K quids...

Ozil is getting 300K

It's s a bit more complicated than that. Because he only has a year left on his contract,  his fee is surpressed. Whatever the difference between his value and his fee, he will pocket most of that in an increased wage or chunky s/o fee. Same difference. 

Same with alexis

Archived