Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm sure his agent will happily do the legwork for him

Haha, imagining Riyad updating his CV and sending a poorly written cover letter to:

The Manager

Nou Camp

Barcelona

Spain

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Strange they didn't make a bid for him then

Thats basically what I was saying last night, yet all these 'ITK's' claim teams were 'in for him'...I'm confused, if they were 'in for him' how come they didn't bid for him?!

Alot of reports claim there were no bids at all last season, that's what I'm going off.

You can argue how do I believe the reports, how do they know, etc, the same thing can be said of the 'ITK's' though.

I'm sure clubs were/are monitoring and watching him, I'm not saying they weren't, I'd be in denial, naive and an Ostrich if I didn't accept and understand that, but these claims of having his head turned, regretting staying or missed opportunities people speak of I don't accept or understand if there were no bids made - no bids made = no head turning, no reason to regret staying and no opportunity missed.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'd have thought that if you're trying to sign a player on deadline day, he's hardly well up your shopping list.

They sensed an opportunity for a relative bargain (given how our season was going) after faltering on Zaha. 

I think Mahrez will become a little like the Payet situation. The longer it goes on without a firm offer coming in, the more he will probably worry and want away. I'm wondering (a long shot) if Monaco sell Mbappe whether Mahrez might end up there?

46 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Mahrez will become a little like the Payet situation. The longer it goes on without a firm offer coming in, the more he will probably worry and want away. I'm wondering (a long shot) if Monaco sell Mbappe whether Mahrez might end up there?

Monaco rejected €103m for mbappe weeks ago apparently. Can't see mbappe wanting to leave anyway, he's only 18.

18 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Monaco rejected €103m for mbappe weeks ago apparently. Can't see mbappe wanting to leave anyway, he's only 18.

Yeah, as we know, 18 year olds are immune to temptation... $$$$$$$$$$ ;)

7 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah, as we know, 18 year olds are immune to temptation... $$$$$$$$$$ ;)

remember Antony martial? Left at 19 years of age to join Manchester United for big bucks and on a huge contract. He could have been incredible. Now he dosent even start for Manchester united& is now 22. 

15 hours ago, Moksky said:

Chelsea were in for him last season 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Spurs tried on January deadline day too. 

Where is this from?

The club said no club bid for him in the summer or in Jan.

22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Latest rumour: Borussia Dortmund want him and will use the money they get for Aubameyang, who they expect to sell for £60m+ to PSG.

That would be quite a change in strategy for BVB, as recently they've signed young with great sell on potential.

I can see why some of the other players will be pissed off with him.

He's coasted through the season barely contributing and feels he deserves a transfer barely a week after the season ends.

My humble opinion is this could end up quite embarrassing for mahrez. He's shown his hand too early, that as someone else has said will alienate the players and fans after his lack of genuine effort and will to be a team player last season. He played the superstar luxury player card a bit too easy for mosts liking.

This leaves him with a problem, the clubs rightful value ( £ 40-50 m ) is based on the previous season not the last one, so potential suitors will have to ask if  can he replicate that season if there is doubt then they won't risk that fee or the wages that go with it.

Hes very good but would be no bigger a star in the very best teams who's players of which turn it on consistently season on season. So the question his who might take the plunge. French teams? No too much, Barcelona No, Spurs No lack of work ethic. Liverpool don't think so. So that leaves Arsenal who may offer 30m Leicester say no and we are left with a unhappy alienated and embarrassed player who because of his own hype and lack of work ethic is not the commodity he should be.

Intersting weeks ahead!

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

remember Antony martial? Left at 19 years of age to join Manchester United for big bucks and on a huge contract. He could have been incredible. Now he dosent even start for Manchester united& is now 22. 

He's still only 21 actually and will be for another 6 months. I'm sure he doesn't regret earning the huge bucks he currently does being a rotation player for them. 

I can see a scenario where he sticks it out and we end up selling him to Arsenal late on in the window for circa £30 million and we don't leave enough time to find a suitable replacement. Whatever we do the club need to be decisive. Taking an age to sort the new manager situation won't help.

36 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I can see a scenario where he sticks it out and we end up selling him to Arsenal late on in the window for circa £30 million and we don't leave enough time to find a suitable replacement. Whatever we do the club need to be decisive. Taking an age to sort the new manager situation won't help.

:thumbup:

There still one  solution to all  ( if no decent   Offer coming from EPL ) as  every body  know that  mahrez  cannot do a strike  la payet    is the Chinese one     A 60 m £ and  Leicester owners will be  happy and mahrez  will have  time to entertain the chinese football league 

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Where is this from?

The club said no club bid for him in the summer or in Jan.

The Chelsea approach , I thought was a well known fact. If it wasnt,  it did happen, whether the club denied it or not. 

The Spurs approach was more media hype as far as I know. Cardiff Fox can enlighten you. 

11 minutes ago, Moksky said:

The Chelsea approach , I thought was a well known fact. If it wasnt,  it did happen, whether the club denied it or not. 

The Spurs approach was more media hype as far as I know. Cardiff Fox can enlighten you. 

Think he will stay Moks?

Just now, Moksky said:

No I don't unfortunately 

Shame. It could turn out to be a Payet situation but I really do hope we dig our heels in and hold out for a big fee. 

Or another swing on it is we sit him down and say big investment in the squad will happen(would like to see this but I doubt it will). A few £15-£20 mark signings to win him over... 

Archived