Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

On the overall gameplay... does anyone really enjoy it?

I feel like I have to work so much harder to win games, and the bullshit the game throws up (static defending, ludicrous nutmegs & I never win a 50/50!) is exactly the same. The trading part, and building up to a good team is more of a reason to own the game than the actual gameplay. 

Just done all 4 marquee match ups for less than 30k having basically horded all my players from packs for the last few weeks.

And all I got dezko and sane. My pack luck is shite year on year. Glad they are so easy to get for nothing this year.

Just done my first ever snipe. Bought the PTG Coman for 120k, only one on the market, as fifa haven't upped his buy now limit yet. His IF is currently 145k so hoping for a little bit of a return.

p.s that Gnabry would fit like a glove in my german side alongside PTG Origi.

Edited by glenny_fox

11 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

If a player gets TOTW does that mean anything if you have their normal one? 

No,

if you have their normal card the only minor difference that you will see is that their market price might slightly rise due to not being in packs for the week.

if you have a OTW card or PTG card then they will get an upgrade that matches the TOTW card (no position changes though)

17 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

No,

if you have their normal card the only minor difference that you will see is that their market price might slightly rise due to not being in packs for the week.

if you have a OTW card or PTG card then they will get an upgrade that matches the TOTW card (no position changes though)

Thanks and didn’t think it did mean much 

22 hours ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Completed the Rui Costa prime SBC for around 450k using some low rated IFs I had in my club. Not bad seeing as he goes for over 1.1m on the market. Hopefully I'll get some of that back when I open the packs later.

Unsure whether to play him at CAM or convert him up to a striker to drop into my 4312 Prem team. Either way, he looks unreal.

Played 5 matches in seasons last night. Rui Costa got a 10.0 rating in 4 out of 5, scoring 13 goals and assisting 5. Best striker I've used this year, including IF Jesus.

Also as a bonus, I packed about 60k worth of players, including Hamsik, so Costa ended up costing me less than 400k.

17 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Which leagues you been doing?

Ligue 1. I'm on 19/20 as Lille is actually impossible. I've bought every Lille player on the market and there is no combination of players that can make that work. They have no centre backs on the market and the team needs 3. Exactly 1 wide player and it needs 4. That's 6 players who can get a maximum of 5 chemistry there. For all the math fans in the house with 50 chemistry available from the remaining 5 players I can only get to 80 chemistry. Add on a maximum of another 10 chem for loyalty and the maximum available is 90. The SBC needs 95 to be completed. 

It's bullshit. I've sunk a fair wedge on getting Cavani and it's actually impossible. 

12 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

Ligue 1. I'm on 19/20 as Lille is actually impossible. I've bought every Lille player on the market and there is no combination of players that can make that work. They have no centre backs on the market and the team needs 3. Exactly 1 wide player and it needs 4. That's 6 players who can get a maximum of 5 chemistry there. For all the math fans in the house with 50 chemistry available from the remaining 5 players I can only get to 80 chemistry. Add on a maximum of another 10 chem for loyalty and the maximum available is 90. The SBC needs 95 to be completed. 

It's bullshit. I've sunk a fair wedge on getting Cavani and it's actually impossible. 

Sounds as though you need loyalty and / or position modifiers.

Put all of your Lille players into a squad, play the TOTW squad and forfeit the match just after kick off 10 times. That'll add +1 chem to the players not already on 10 chem.

Edited by duk3nuk3m

1 minute ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Sounds as though you need loyalty.

Put all of your Lille players into a squad, play the TOTW squad and forfeit the match just after kick off 10 times. That'll add +1 chem to the players not already on 10 chem.

Even with that the max you can get is 90 chem. it needs either a RW or a CB to be available on the market and there just isn't any.