Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

7 hours ago, dbtcity said:

has anyone used the prime overmans? contemplating selling my if son to do his sbc

I have him

some matches his good and others he goes missing

lightweight

that being said, got him last weekend for about 640k if you can get for 450k you probably should as Futmas sbcs going to push the price of 84,85,86s, up

2 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

Anyone packed any TOTGS yet? I opened 2 ultimate packs and got nothing. Then opened a 5k pack and got a Portuguese striker.... Silva... FIFA is the ultimate troll

I packed Stones and Diego Llorente in the same pack. Sold Llorente and Stones has replaced Rudiger in my starting 11 but haven't had time to try him out yet. His stats look good though.

6 hours ago, duk3nuk3m said:

I packed Stones and Diego Llorente in the same pack. Sold Llorente and Stones has replaced Rudiger in my starting 11 but haven't had time to try him out yet. His stats look good though.

Let me know how the Stones card is. Was looking at getting him, his stats look decent.

29 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Rage sold my Prem team it got so boring and I wasn' enjoying it anymore. Gone with a flat 442 bundesliga team and it's a revelation lol

Weird how that works. I always seem to change my side completely if I'm really struggling which usually seems to make me better.

7 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Let me know how the Stones card is. Was looking at getting him, his stats look decent.

Only played a few Seasons games with him but he's been better than I expected. I thought his medium / high work rates might mean he gets caught out, but he's been well positioned to cut out through balls.

The jury's still out on whether he replaces Rudiger or not for me though.

I’ve grinded out fut champs and squad battles every week getting gold 2/1 fut champs and elite 1 sb... this week I thought fvck sb as I never get anything good... open my 1st sb pack the jumbo premium gold.... Spanish if... yea you’re not trolling me this time ea.... out rolls De Gea!!!! Absolute Scenes!!!!

13 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’ve grinded out fut champs and squad battles every week getting gold 2/1 fut champs and elite 1 sb... this week I thought fvck sb as I never get anything good... open my 1st sb pack the jumbo premium gold.... Spanish if... yea you’re not trolling me this time ea.... out rolls De Gea!!!! Absolute Scenes!!!!

Nice!

Best I got was Cazorla lol

• Like 1

Interesting post on Reddit

DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY ADJUSTMENTSome people say this is "too hard" to code. Others don't believe something like this can exist. Despite us having found out momentum code exists in offline mode, people do not believe it is the same online. Here's a simple explanation on how dynamic difficulty could easily be implemented in FIFA.

Variance

Firstly, variance is what makes games have replay value. This unpredictability adds an element of surprise, fun and times where you want to smash your controller. The chance to score a 1/1000 magic goal, insane build up play, etc keeps fifa fun and people playing. And that element of unpredictability is the same reason why some people are addicted to opening packs. Everyone will agree this exists in FIFA. But what if EA could control the RANGE of the variance? Why wouldn't they if this adds more fun to the game? More on that later. So that's the first variable - variance.

Action

The second variable is the action itself, perhaps shooting. For example, how long you hold down the shot button, the type of shot executed, etc. Let's call this action.

The action part is completely controlled by the player. This accounts for the "skill" part of the game. e.g that's why Hashtag harry can smash through Division 1 with a team of bronze players.

Formula

We'll start with the formula:
Result = Action * Variance

This is multiplied by variance because we observe a wide range of possible results players experience. But FIFA also takes into account player attributes. So a more accurate formula would be this for a player who has just taken a shot:

Shot Result = (Action + Finishing) * Variance

How EA can adjust difficulty

So the whole point of this is, EA can easily adjust the variance according to the game at any one point of time. For simplicity, let's assume the person does the SAME action so the action becomes a constant variable not needed in the equation. This is what frustrates people the most. They do the same action but get a different result. For a striker with 92 finishing:

Shot Result = Finishing * Variance
Example A = 92 * 0.8 = 73.6%
Example B = 92 * 0.5 = 46%

So there can be huge difference in the calculated percentages, simply by adjusting the variance amount. This can be applied now just to shooting but:

Short passes = (short passing) * variance
Through passes = (ball control) * variance

The variance factor would have a limited range, perhaps (0.4 to 0.8). But by simply ****ing with the variance number, they can control how simple direct passes go astray, shots that you aim to the left go dead centre, or how strikers with through balls end up taking heavy touches.

Variance ALREADY exists in the game. This is easy to code.

This is why sometimes the game feels ridiculous to play and everything goes wrong. It will not be adjusted to something too drastic, enough to the point where people can still defend it saying it's "all in your head".

What variance has the biggest effect on:

Remember, FIFA18 is a game hugely affected by AI control. It is not just the actions you take that are at the mercy of variance, but the way the AI controls your players. This is the easiest thing to influence without being super noticeable to people and I believe this is what happens during kick-off goals. Think about how defenders stop marking and stand BEHIND players and space always seems to open up when playing FIFA on beginner difficulty. I've conceded so many kick-off goals where my formation and defenders controlled by the AI become beginner-ish level.

Why would EA do this?

This is to keep weaker players playing and thus providing them a "better" experience. e.g handicapping. This results in them playing the game longer, more purchases for their store and more money. They have every reason to want to have dynamic difficulty in the game. I bet there will still be disbelievers trying to convince themselves that EA doesn't want more money.

How about top players who go 40-0?

Pro players are good enough to know how to only make actions that are optimal, resulting in them fighting through the variance. For example, the most used form of shooting is the low-driven shot, simply because it has the lowest variance. Instead of a 0.4 to 0.8, maybe the variance is 0.6 to 0.8. This is why they don't take as many long shots or whip crosses in from the wings. They prefer cut-in and tap-ins. They try and take the variance part which can be influenced by EA out of the game.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2017/0259177.html

DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY ADJUSTMENT

filed 2016 by EA

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Interesting post on Reddit

DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY ADJUSTMENTSome people say this is "too hard" to code. Others don't believe something like this can exist. Despite us having found out momentum code exists in offline mode, people do not believe it is the same online. Here's a simple explanation on how dynamic difficulty could easily be implemented in FIFA.

Variance

Firstly, variance is what makes games have replay value. This unpredictability adds an element of surprise, fun and times where you want to smash your controller. The chance to score a 1/1000 magic goal, insane build up play, etc keeps fifa fun and people playing. And that element of unpredictability is the same reason why some people are addicted to opening packs. Everyone will agree this exists in FIFA. But what if EA could control the RANGE of the variance? Why wouldn't they if this adds more fun to the game? More on that later. So that's the first variable - variance.

Action

The second variable is the action itself, perhaps shooting. For example, how long you hold down the shot button, the type of shot executed, etc. Let's call this action.

The action part is completely controlled by the player. This accounts for the "skill" part of the game. e.g that's why Hashtag harry can smash through Division 1 with a team of bronze players.

Formula

We'll start with the formula:
Result = Action * Variance

This is multiplied by variance because we observe a wide range of possible results players experience. But FIFA also takes into account player attributes. So a more accurate formula would be this for a player who has just taken a shot:

Shot Result = (Action + Finishing) * Variance

How EA can adjust difficulty

So the whole point of this is, EA can easily adjust the variance according to the game at any one point of time. For simplicity, let's assume the person does the SAME action so the action becomes a constant variable not needed in the equation. This is what frustrates people the most. They do the same action but get a different result. For a striker with 92 finishing:

Shot Result = Finishing * Variance
Example A = 92 * 0.8 = 73.6%
Example B = 92 * 0.5 = 46%

So there can be huge difference in the calculated percentages, simply by adjusting the variance amount. This can be applied now just to shooting but:

Short passes = (short passing) * variance
Through passes = (ball control) * variance

The variance factor would have a limited range, perhaps (0.4 to 0.8). But by simply ****ing with the variance number, they can control how simple direct passes go astray, shots that you aim to the left go dead centre, or how strikers with through balls end up taking heavy touches.

Variance ALREADY exists in the game. This is easy to code.

This is why sometimes the game feels ridiculous to play and everything goes wrong. It will not be adjusted to something too drastic, enough to the point where people can still defend it saying it's "all in your head".

What variance has the biggest effect on:

Remember, FIFA18 is a game hugely affected by AI control. It is not just the actions you take that are at the mercy of variance, but the way the AI controls your players. This is the easiest thing to influence without being super noticeable to people and I believe this is what happens during kick-off goals. Think about how defenders stop marking and stand BEHIND players and space always seems to open up when playing FIFA on beginner difficulty. I've conceded so many kick-off goals where my formation and defenders controlled by the AI become beginner-ish level.

Why would EA do this?

This is to keep weaker players playing and thus providing them a "better" experience. e.g handicapping. This results in them playing the game longer, more purchases for their store and more money. They have every reason to want to have dynamic difficulty in the game. I bet there will still be disbelievers trying to convince themselves that EA doesn't want more money.

How about top players who go 40-0?

Pro players are good enough to know how to only make actions that are optimal, resulting in them fighting through the variance. For example, the most used form of shooting is the low-driven shot, simply because it has the lowest variance. Instead of a 0.4 to 0.8, maybe the variance is 0.6 to 0.8. This is why they don't take as many long shots or whip crosses in from the wings. They prefer cut-in and tap-ins. They try and take the variance part which can be influenced by EA out of the game.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2017/0259177.html

DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY ADJUSTMENT

filed 2016 by EA

Awaits post saying it doesnt exist... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Awaits post saying it doesnt exist... 

Reading more into it people seem to think DDA effects the game similar to using sliders if offline mode, at various times the individual sliders (passing, running, shooting etc) will shift sometimes this will be a positive for your team, sometimes your opponent.

It would certainty explain, why in some games the opponent doesnt need to intercept your passes the passing is just dreadful.

Yet there is no skill level required to execute the short pass. So whats changed from the last game when you ping it around like Barca? Its not a case of a better opponent covering lanes either.