Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

What can be done to improve our home atmosphere?

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Classic on here but there is one answer and it's swap the kop with the family stand or simply move the away fans closer to the KOP. The arguments there for it and it could be done. Derby and Middlesbrough are great examples of changing away ends 

But I'm happy in the kop. What if I don't want to move ?  if they made it the family end I would have too so why should I ?

I think the fact that expectations have changed has an impact. The example that stands out for me was Watford at home this season. That game mathematically secured our premier league status in a season that was pretty miserable at times, yet the atmosphere was non-existent. I can't really blame anyone though as we'd seen our team win the league and compete in the last eight of the champions league. 

18 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

But I'm happy in the kop. What if I don't want to move ?  if they made it the family end I would have too so why should I ?

Just say this did happen. You'd be asked to move to the opposite end and sit in a seat that has exactly the same view as the one you have now. 

3rd world problems and all that.

16 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

So am I plus I don't want to sit next to the away fans, I've got no interest in them. I'm not there to ave a go at them or sing chants at them, besides, how exactly is swapping the ends really going to improve the atmosphere? Are we all going to suddenly change into some sort of ultra political bunch of hooligans, ripping up seats at throwing flares at the away fans or something. Days of the yob are over I'm afraid, like it or not, it's time to come into the 21st century

8 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

Just say this did happen. You'd be asked to move to the opposite end and sit in a seat that has exactly the same view as the one you have now. 

3rd world problems and all that.

Well I wouldn't, cos I'd be sitting under the restaurant, and sk4 would be sitting with the away fans. The reason theres 3rd world problems is cos they ain't very good at logistics. And besides, the real answer is to swap L1 and G1 sections round

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I love the clappers. I've ironed all mine out and I'm halfway decorating my box room walls with them, looks amazing. 

What is it? 3 seasons of clappers? 

And you're only half way round your box room ???  

****ing plastic

;)

I think it went downhill last season because of the turgid football on display as well as having our fill from the previous two or three seasons.

It started with the 5-3 against Man Utd (if you want to go further back the 5-3 over Bolton was pretty epic). I thought nothing could top that United atmosphere but you could probably list 10 other matches which did with thanks to the Champions League.

Hopefully in the upcoming season it's a case of getting our appetite back. Now our managers position is sorted and we don't have the pressure of being defending champions we can fully resume our underdog status in which we are always loud.

With a good transfer window I'm optimistic the team will be hungry on the pitch and we will reward that with noise. No gimmicks needed.

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Same situation as the people who were in the family stand who had to move when they bought the rule of so many kids to adults...

6 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

What is it? 3 seasons of clappers? 

And you're only half way round your box room ???  

****ing plastic

;)

To be fair I've also done the ceiling and floor and got the wife to sew them together to make a rather fetching Duvet and pillow cases.

59 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Same situation as the people who were in the family stand who had to move when they bought the rule of so many kids to adults...

Two wrongs don't make it right though.

6 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

So am I plus I don't want to sit next to the away fans, I've got no interest in them. I'm not there to ave a go at them or sing chants at them, besides, how exactly is swapping the ends really going to improve the atmosphere? Are we all going to suddenly change into some sort of ultra political bunch of hooligans, ripping up seats at throwing flares at the away fans or something. Days of the yob are over I'm afraid, like it or not, it's time to come into the 21st century

Agreed. The club aren't going to change anything like that realistically are they? The Kop as we call it has traditionally been where it is for as long as I can remember at both grounds and a handful of supporter's aren't going to change that. Also, do we really think that that the club would move the opposition supporters closer to the Kop just for a little bit more noise? Everthing these days is geared up to reduce risk and avoid potential crowd violence or enhance any other health and safety measures that they put in place to fulfil the contraints of Health and Safety legislation. Whilst realistically, we don't see anywhere near the levels of violence and disturbance that we did in the 70s and 80s, hence we are now able to generally police games with stewards and not police officers, nevertheless, such issues aren't going to be changed or sacrificed on the whim of a few supporters just for a bit more noise, albeit our owners do appear to appreciate it to some extent by their continued financing of the cardboard clackers. 

I admit personally to liking noise and atmosphere at football matches, it positively enhances my personal experience of a game and I think it has a positive effect on our players to some extent, I think Christian Fuchs for one has acknowledged that. How much is arguable though, as some players comment that once the game starts they just zone in to what's happening on the pitch. I appreciate the wish for improvement, but on my infrequent away games over the last few years  (difficult to get tickets) our home atmosphere and noise seems to be better than most clubs I've visited so possibly some supporters are being a little harsh on ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Two wrongs don't make it right though.

That's the club now days for you. We'd be better with the Kop where the family stand is in all honesty.. We might actually have a whole end who stands then too

Re clappers rather that get rid or keep the status quo they should be made available at the turnstiles for those that want them.

Then their popularity with individuals and their affect on the noise generation can be measured if their use then falls off the club can withdraw them without any fuss.

I seriously don't get people's obsession with having to be next to away ends to create an atmosphere. Yeah, it's great when you get a proper English atmosphere and a good ding-dong between two sets of fans, but how often do we actually get seriously good away ends at our place? I'd be in L1 a few years back seeing lads give it to 400 Scunthorpe or whatever rather than sing Leicester songs, and just think 'what's the point?'

A swap of ends isn't suddenly going to magically turn the people who sit now at home games into standers who want to go for it all game.

For what it's worth though, I am willing to admit that although most of their songs are utter wank, I was envious of Derby having a full standing end next to the away fans and giving it a pretty good go to boot while most of our 5k stood there like lemons..

Archived