Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

3 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

The team that finishes in last will drop down to the amateur division.

Just read, that they will probably demote Mechelen to amateur level! So all the teams could be safe. Tubize saved by the bell for the 2nd year running. Still not official though.

34 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Yep, just watched it. The marking for the first goal :facepalm:

Okay, thanks. I'll be posting the link to the 6 minute version as well from now on.

Marking has been a real problem this season. The signing of Sascha Kotysch has already made a big difference, but it's clear we need another signing at CB if we want a shot at promotion next season.

Edited by Bonanza
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Just read, that they will probably demote Mechelen to amateur level! So all the teams could be safe. Tubize saved by the bell for the 2nd year running. Still not official though.

To be honest, I don't think they will punish Mechelen. I think some people will get a ban, but I don't think they will punish the club.

1 minute ago, Bonanza said:

To be honest, I don't think they will punish Mechelen. I think some people will get a ban, but I don't think they will punish the club.

I'm not talking about what i or you think. There are rumors, coming from professional journalists.

Relegation Play-Offs (aka Playdowns):

Friday 22nd of March - 20h30: Lommel - OHL
Friday 29th of March - 20h30: OHL - Tubize
Sunday 07th of April - 20h00: Roeselare - OHL
Sunday 14th of April - 20h00: OHL - Roeselare
Friday 19th of April - 20h30: Tubize - OHL
Friday 26th of April - 20h30: OHL - Lommel

• Like 4

Many thanks for putting these dates up.

I think I will be able to go to the last two games - Tubize away and Lommel home.

Though I'm guessing OHL might already be safe by then, and these could be dead rubbers. (Or extremely tense!)

These dates and KO times are set in stone are they? Unlikely to change?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

I think I will be able to go to the last two games - Tubize away and Lommel home.

Though I'm guessing OHL might already be safe by then, and these could be dead rubbers. (Or extremely tense!)

The dates are official, very unlikely to change

12 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

hope they go down for sacking nige

???

You hope that our partner club goes down for the indignity of sacking a manager that was unformly dreadful for them, and was leading them to relegation?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Permafrost said:

The last home game should still be fun. Lommel is a club we have a long history with. Two years ago, we relegated them in a final stand off. Ten years ago, we kept them from promotion in the last game. Eight years ago, we beat them in a close race for the championship in 2nd division. There are also many players that moved from Lommel to Leuven. It's not exactly a derby, but it feels like one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Travel prices too expensive for the Tubize away as it falls over Easter weekend.

So it'll be either of the home games Roeselare or Lommel I can do..

Hard to predict, but either the Lommel game will be tense, or if not, it will be the last game either way... And we tend to drink a lot. Personally, i'd go with the Lommel game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Permafrost said:

Travel prices too expensive for the Tubize away as it falls over Easter weekend.

So it'll be either of the home games Roeselare or Lommel I can do..

You're better of with a home game, in my opinion. Good seats, good atmosphere and of course... great beer. I agree with Lizhang, the Lommel game should be the most fun.

Unless you like seats that are covered in bird shit, I would skip the away game in Tubize

• Haha 3

On 05/03/2019 at 13:31, Lizhang said:

Relegation Play-Offs (aka Playdowns):

Friday 22nd of March - 20h30: Lommel - OHL
Friday 29th of March - 20h30: OHL - Tubize
Sunday 07th of April - 20h00: Roeselare - OHL
Sunday 14th of April - 20h00: OHL - Roeselare
Friday 19th of April - 20h30: Tubize - OHL
Friday 26th of April - 20h30: OHL - Lommel

Why do they wait so long to play these games? You guys had built up a bit of late momentum and surely would have prefered the games to come earlier.

17 hours ago, reynard said:

Why do they wait so long to play these games? You guys had built up a bit of late momentum and surely would have prefered the games to come earlier.

Well... because then the season would be over in March, and because the teams that play in the other play-off competitions (the ones for European football) have to wait for the first division to finish anyway.

For the second year running, our youth teams have secured a spot among the nation's elite, for "PlayOff 1" (the best 8). OHL is the only non-first-division team to secure a spot among the best 8 youth teams of the country. To me this is not surprising, as i have stated many times that we have one of the best youth divisions in the country, but it might be for people that don't follow the club closely or would make assumptions based on first team history.

https://www.ohleuven.com/nieuws/1087564/

Oud-Heverlee Leuven

KRC Genk

Club Brugge

KAA Gent

Standard de Liège

RSC Anderlecht

Sint-Truiden VV

Sporting Charleroi

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dhermon said:

How has Kamal Sowah got on ?
Will he be worth bringing back to your club next season ?
Whats the thinking of this lad so far ?

He has only made a couple of appearances for us since his arrival in January 2018. He wasn't bad in those appearances, but nothing special either. He spends most of his time with our development squad.

I have nothing against the lad, but I wouldn't bring him back next season. He isn't good enough to be a starting player, and he isn't better than our own youth players who train with the first team.

6 hours ago, Lizhang said:

For the second year running, our youth teams have secured a spot among the nation's elite, for "PlayOff 1" (the best 8). OHL is the only non-first-division team to secure a spot among the best 8 youth teams of the country. To me this is not surprising, as i have stated many times that we have one of the best youth divisions in the country, but it might be for people that don't follow the club closely or would make assumptions based on first team history.

https://www.ohleuven.com/nieuws/1087564/

Oud-Heverlee Leuven

KRC Genk

Club Brugge

KAA Gent

Standard de Liège

RSC Anderlecht

Sint-Truiden VV

Sporting Charleroi

LCFC have done a pretty good job over the years with our youth. Especially in recent times. It would be fantastic for your club if they can instil that ethos and start bringing them in to the first team set up. My only concern for you guy's is having our youth being sent over for game time and these youngsters missing out. :fc: