Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Edit:- If the score remains the same that means they are safe? 

No, i think theoretically, if we lose our next two games, and Tubize wins their next two, and Roeselare wins from Lommel, then Tubize has one point more, and Roeselare and OHL are tied. In which case it's possible stats from the regular season come into play again, and we could still go down.

recap: https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/23964/oh-leuven-roeselare

Edited by Lizhang
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lizhang said:

No, i think theoretically, if we lose or next two games, and Tubize wins their next two, and Roeselare wins from Lommel, then Tubize has one point more, and Roeselare and OHL are tied. In which case it's possible stats from the regular season come into play again, and we could still go down.

Damn it.. so its not 100% yet :( ... How did you play? i did try look for a stream but couldnt find anything, it will be better when you go up a division NEXT YEAR :D 

17 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Damn it.. so its not 100% yet :( ... How did you play? i did try look for a stream but couldnt find anything, it will be better when you go up a division NEXT YEAR :D 

We were clearly the better team, but ... the other team was kind of shit to be honest. Watch those first two goals.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Results and standings after the 4th round:

Lommel - Tubize 3-0

OH Leuven - Roeselare 3-0

1. Lommel       23 pts

2. OH Leuven  22 pts 

3. Roeselare    19 pts

4. Tubize          17 pts

Lommel is safe after these results. We still need 1 point to be safe. We play Tubize away on Friday

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lizhang said:

No, i think theoretically, if we lose our next two games, and Tubize wins their next two, and Roeselare wins from Lommel, then Tubize has one point more, and Roeselare and OHL are tied. In which case it's possible stats from the regular season come into play again, and we could still go down.

recap: https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/23964/oh-leuven-roeselare

Oh come on mate!  Job well done.  The task now is keeping momentum pointed upward for next season.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2019 at 22:19, Lizhang said:

What are the 2 games left - who plays who and when ?  I know this weekend, OHL are at Tubize and Roeselare are at Lommel, so I guess the final round is OHL home to Lommel and Roeselare home to Tubize - but are they on the last weekend in April ?

Also, I can't work out if Goal Difference comes into play in this Relegation Round, or (as you suggest, Lizhang) it only applies when regular season stats are considered.

Edited by bald reynard

20 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

What are the 2 games left - who plays who and when ?  I know this weekend, OHL are at Tubize and Roeselare are at Lommel, but I haven't seen the final round of fixtures (Soccerway don't show them).

GW5:

Tubize vs OHL (Friday 19th, 19:30)

Lommel vs Roeselare (Sunday 21st, 15:00)

GW6:

OHL vs Lommel (Friday 26th, 19:30)

Roeselare vs Tubize (Friday 26th, 19:30)

Edited by Xen

7 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Also, I can't work out if Goal Difference comes into play in this Relegation Round, or (as you suggest, Lizhang) it only applies when regular season stats are considered.

If 2 team have the same amount of points after the last game, the standings will be decided by the positions after the regular season.

For example:

Leuven and Tubize both end the play-downs in last place with the same amount of points. Because we ended the regular seaon in 7th place and Tubize were 8th, Tubize will drop to the Amateur division.

But if Leuven and Roeselare would end in last place, it would be us that drop down because Roeselare ended the regular season in 5th.

Edited by Bonanza

On 16/04/2019 at 04:42, Aus Fox said:

It’s the classic King Power move, relegation fight all season- Sack Pearson- win the league next season.

@Lizhang do you think many of those youngsters doing so well, will be in the first team next season?

Unfortunately, no. After kicking Anderlecht out of the youth cup, they snagged one of our 16 year olds away.

But introducing home grown players into the first team, has always been a problem at OHL. The best ones, leave before the oportunity arises. And the club never has the patience to give the less obvious ones a shot.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

We're officially saved, duderinos!

Hirst scored as well! Two remarkable events on one evening ;-) ;-)

Congrats to you guys! Such a relief that you're safe now. Hopefully the coach stays on beyond the summer and you can fight at the other end of the table next season. I'd hope lessons have been learned by Top and co, much as there were when they first took over Leicester.

• Like 1