Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

19 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Top must be looking this and thinking **** it. Sell up and buy a horse or something 

Then they have none to blame but themselves. It was King Power that turned this into a long-term effort, while the ingredients were there to push back through to first division immediately. We have just witnessed the most depressing season since the merger in 2002. Hopefully things can only get better.

7 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Then they have none to blame but themselves. It was King Power that turned this into a long-term effort, while the ingredients were there to push back through to first division immediately. We have just witnessed the most depressing season since the merger in 2002. Hopefully things can only get better.

Seems after Pearson left it picked up a lot, so I hope so as well!

Guest Cujek

i just won the league with them on FM19 without spending any money.

Kaputska and Moore were standout players.

cant be that much different in real life.

Guest Cujek
12 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Have you applied for the position?

Not yet, i might do though.

I applied to Leicester when Brian Little left for Villa, i was 14 and put on my CV that i took Leicester to european and domestic glory in championship manager 94'.

They sent me a nice rejection letter (which i still have framed on my wall), but gave the job to Mark McGhee instead.

they should have employed me, i wouldn't have left for Wolves a year later!

10 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Not yet, i might do though.

I applied to Leicester when Brian Little left for Villa, i was 14 and put on my CV that i took Leicester to european and domestic glory in championship manager 94'.

They sent me a nice rejection letter (which i still have framed on my wall), but gave the job to Mark McGhee instead.

they should have employed me, i wouldn't have left for Wolves a year later!

No, sounds like youd have left for Real Madrid instead!

Guest Cujek
Just now, Gamble92 said:

No, sounds like youd have left for Real Madrid instead!

You cant turn down Real Madrid....

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Whilst I know you are wumming, the fact someone even says shit like that pisses me off. The man won two leagues and kept us in the premier league ffs.

A bit. :whistle: 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Whilst I know you are wumming, the fact someone even says shit like that pisses me off. The man won two leagues and kept us in the premier league ffs.

It's pathetic I still see shit like that on this forum. Bloke turned this club around, twice, on and off the pitch.

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's pathetic I still see shit like that on this forum. Bloke turned this club around, twice, on and off the pitch.

Whilst I would sincerely hope that nobody questions Person's effort's in the First Division and Championship, just for the record we were much better than that European powerhouse Wolves in the Championship :thumbup:, once Nige got to the PL his management style and tactics were very Marmite. Some will love them and some will hate them. Nobody gets an absolute free ride at City except maybe Vichai.

12 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

If he turned us around twice, doesn't that mean he left us facing the direction he found us?

I'm referring to 2008 and again in 2011 when he got us out of bad positions.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Whilst I would sincerely hope that nobody questions Person's effort's in the First Division and Championship, just for the record we were much better than that European powerhouse Wolves in the Championship :thumbup:, once Nige got to the PL his management style and tactics were very Marmite. Some will love them and some will hate them. Nobody gets an absolute free ride at City except maybe Vichai.

I keep forgetting Vichai managed the team, saved penalties, created chances and scored 20 goals a season for us. What a weird fanbase we have.

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I keep forgetting Vichai managed the team, saved penalties, created chances and scored 20 goals a season for us. What a weird fanbase we have.

So without the framework he put in place, do you think we would have had the wherewithal to do all the things you mention. Bolton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Leeds, Derby, Forest, Ipswich, Villa, Hull et al. Your comment with respect to Vichai is ungrateful and unbecoming of a City fan.

26 minutes ago, Steven said:

So without the framework he put in place, do you think we would have had the wherewithal to do all the things you mention. Bolton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Leeds, Derby, Forest, Ipswich, Villa, Hull et al. Your comment with respect to Vichai is ungrateful and unbecoming of a City fan.

You're talking as if the only bloke I can't criticise is Vichai. Which is wrong. "Nobody gets a free ride expect Vichai" what a weird thing to say. Pearson, the one you were being disrespectful towards, took a team made up of Morrison/Hobbs/Fryatt  etc to 5th in the Championship. Pearson is the key here, without him we wouldn't be in the PL. Now I don't think he'd have done what Ranieri did and won it but to completely write off him as a manager is wrong. Pearson did very well off the field, as I mentioned, in dropping the wage bill. It was the manager before who chucked Vichai's money about. So without Pearson we wouldn't be in the PL, no.

We were never going to be in a position of Bolton/Plymouth/Portmouth (were we?) (the latter of which have had to completely rebuild in tier 4) and I don't know why fans think the owners saved us from this position. Villa/Forest/Derby have all spent big in recent years trying to get back to the PL.

Writing off the debt and that, yes absolutely fantastic and I won't knock it, but we wouldn't be a PL club without the manager too. 

edit: btw I don't think that's me being disrespectful to him, just me not agreeing with your initial post

Edited by Fox92
post clarification
  • Like 1