Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

4 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Wimmer is going to WBA for 15m as they obviously need more CBs

I saw that just after I posted but also saw Stoke, didn't know how much was paper talk, plus I couldn't be bothered to edit my post! Haha 

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

Burnley letting Keane go for 25 million seems like they sold him cheap in comparison . 

Yeah, would have really loved him back.  Maguire is better than I thought (so far) but the amount Keane has grown since we had him is awesome.  Hats off to Burnley for developing him, but also the main criticism for me when he was here was that we was too weak.  He's clearly fixed that.  Anyway, let's not dwell.... 

So, Pulis has said he doesn't want to sell Evans but 'there is always a price' ....      Man City want him but have Gibson amongst others as a secondary target.   So ...    if we want Evans we ought to put in a bid to get him at (the price ?) ...    or ...  while MC are fannying about over their bid for Evans, go in for Gibson before he gets dazzled by their interest if they can't get Evans.   We need a new CB and either of them are good enough in my opinion.  MC also rate the pair of them which backs that up.  Why play second fiddle to the Mancs ...   get in and get it sorted one way or the other whilst there is still a chance.  A new CB would be very nice for MC but a lot more crucial to us and securing two proven CB's would last us for a long long time ...   therefore our price/offer may be more than theirs but we need to do it before they muddy the waters.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

So, Pulis has said he doesn't want to sell Evans but 'there is always a price' ....      Man City want him but have Gibson amongst others as a secondary target.   So ...    if we want Evans we ought to put in a bid to get him at (the price ?) ...    or ...  while MC are fannying about over their bid for Evans, go in for Gibson before he gets dazzled by their interest if they can't get Evans.   We need a new CB and either of them are good enough in my opinion.  MC also rate the pair of them which backs that up.  Why play second fiddle to the Mancs ...   get in and get it sorted one way or the other whilst there is still a chance.  A new CB would be very nice for MC but a lot more crucial to us and securing two proven CB's would last us for a long long time ...   therefore our price/offer may be more than theirs but we need to do it before they muddy the waters.

I agree. Put a good bid in on Gibson while Man c play lets make a deal with Pulis

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

All this talk of signing another CB - we won't be signing a first choice CB (evans or Gibson) whilst Morgan and Huth are here and both fit (which they now are) unless we are going three at the back 

They're both not fit now! 

..URGENT need to sign a quality CB to partner King Harry. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

All this talk of signing another CB - we won't be signing a first choice CB (evans or Gibson) whilst Morgan and Huth are here and both fit (which they now are) unless we are going three at the back 

:huh: ...    You in a parallel universe ? 

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure what confused you CF. my point  being that a top CB won't sign if he doesn't think he will be first/second choice and I don't see both Huth and Morgan being dropped. 

It was the bit about them being fit ...    Huths ankles are held together with string and hasn't figured yet and Wes's back still looks suspect to me ...    For me we defo need another CB now and I'm sure a new arrival would see they have a great chance to stake a long term claim going forward. We could end up very light in this position if we are not careful ...    Benny the Loon just isn't really good enough and Amartey doesn't seem to be favoured in that role.   Fuchs is a stop gap.

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

It was the bit about them being fit ...    Huths ankles are held together with string and hasn't figured yet and Wes's back still looks suspect to me ...    For me we defo need another CB now and I'm sure a new arrival would see they have a great chance to stake a long term claim going forward. We could end up very light in this position if we are not careful ...    Benny the Loon just isn't really good enough and Amartey doesn't seem to be favoured in that role.   Fuchs is a stop gap.

I think we should go out and buy a top CB starter. However, Huth is back weeks ahead of schedule so to say his ankles are held together with string is a bit much? I just don't believe shakey will dump both of the 'old guard ' at the same time. Going three at the back would solve the problem but we don't seem likely to go that way at the moment. any top CB surely wouldn't sign unless they believed they would be a starter. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think we should go out and buy a top CB starter. However, Huth is back weeks ahead of schedule so to say his ankles are held together with string is a bit much? I just don't believe shakey will dump both of the 'old guard ' at the same time. Going three at the back would solve the problem but we don't seem likely to go that way at the moment. any top CB surely wouldn't sign unless they believed they would be a starter. 

My brother told me about Huths ankles ages ago when he saw him at the Docs ...   Him and Wes are awesome but they will start to slip backwards imo ...  Not sure how often you will see them playing together from now on ....       And if we want to play 3 at the back ..   Welll ....     Shakey won't be dumping them ...    Injuries will dictate.

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

My brother told me about Huths ankles ages ago when he saw him at the Docs ...   Him and Wes are awesome but they will start to slip backwards imo ...  Not sure how often you will see them playing together from now on ....       And if we want to play 3 at the back ..   Welll ....     Shakey won't be dumping them ...    Injuries will dictate.

I've said this before but Shakey will do whatever is necessary to keep his job & if that means sitting legends he will do that 

We need to accept that transfers now cost a lot of money and be prepared to pay £25+ for Evans imo. He's hugely underrated and the current injuries to Morgan and Huth show we can no longer afford to not replace them. We're literally one top class cb away from being in the mix for Europe- and who knows what else - imo.

3 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I think i would prefer Smalling

On 8/19/2017 at 21:23, The Guvnor said:

Would prefer Chris Smalling, 2 years younger and ready to step in for Huth or Morgan, Maguire and Smalling at the back now you're talking.

The problem is, we don't seem to be heavily linked with any cb at the moment. This is a major concern as its the main area we are desperate for either quality cover, or better still an improvement on what we currently have imo. Here we are just over a week into the new season, and no-ones sure of our cb pairing going into the next few games because of injuries to Wes and Huth. I think Benny's proved that he's not the answer and I think Wes will really struggle this season whether he's carrying an injury or not, with his lack of pace and quality on the ball. I'm already fed up of seeing him just hoof the ball anywhere. I know the bookies are not always right, but we are miles behind in the betting for Gibson, Smalling, Wimmer etc, with the likes of Man City, Stoke and West Brom supposedly ready to put in bids. WTF is going on?

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

The problem is, we don't seem to be heavily linked with any cb at the moment. This is a major concern as its the main area we are desperate for either quality cover, or better still an improvement on what we currently have imo. Here we are just over a week into the new season, and no-ones sure of our cb pairing going into the next few games because of injuries to Wes and Huth. I think Benny's proved that he's not the answer and I think Wes will really struggle this season whether he's carrying an injury or not, with his lack of pace and quality on the ball. I'm already fed up of seeing him just hoof the ball anywhere. I know the bookies are not always right, but we are miles behind in the betting for Gibson, Smalling, Wimmer etc, with the likes of Man City, Stoke and West Brom supposedly ready to put in bids. WTF is going on?

I agree I think it is a concern 

Hoedt from Lazio could be an option?

like you say though we aren't really linked massively with anyone though. :unsure:

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I agree I think it is a concern 

Hoedt from Lazio could be an option?

like you say though we aren't really linked massively with anyone though. :unsure:

Hoedts another good example, heavily linked with Saints.

Archived