Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

8 minutes ago, s11nny said:

We should of sorted this a while back. I feel like asking prices have gone up a further 10m in general over the last 2 weeks. Typical 

The same could be said for a lot of other clubs judging by comments made by Pulis, Hughes. Poch etc. The next 3 days might see a lot of last minute deals

Saw a tweet from Stringer earlier, (ik about the dislike for him but this made sense), that this move for Evans could be some kind of smokescreen for another signing or to let another player we want know we are serious in finding someone and get them to push through a move?

We should have got him in early if he was the main target. We went in with a lowball offer and failed to increase it. He was always one of their top players, So we were going to have to make it by financial inducement. Now we're in a silly auction and paying over the price. there should be a big lesson learned here by both Shakey and Rudkin. 

2 hours ago, Bryn said:

You have to think he'd be disappointed to end up anywhere other than Man City now.

Depends what ambitions he has really, neither move would lack ambition but he needs to answer some questions.

Obviously it's a massive opportunity to join Man City but the main question being does he want first team football or not?

I don't see him getting a regular start at Man City. (Although he probably should get a regular start with their bobbins defence)

Firstly I don't think that we would be continuing to chase WB for him if Evans hasn't indicated that he might be interested in joining us. We can offer him what Man City can't. More games. That is very important factor.

It's obvious that WB knew of interested parties before they made him Captain, as they knew it'd add to the transfer fee. They have no real reason to sell, though they do need funds to supplement other transfers, so they will hold out for as much and as long as they can. We however, cannot wait up to the last minute to bring in a CB, as we'll be rinsed elsewhere and end up with our 2nd/3rd choice and pay over the odds.

I don't think this is a smokescreen. I think he's our first choice.

Just spoke to my neighbour again, he said we probably won't get him unless we bid £30 million. WBA have Evans for two more years and he thinks there's no need to sell. Only way they will sell Evans is if they can get in Sakho for the same amount.

35 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Firstly I don't think that we would be continuing to chase WB for him if Evans hasn't indicated that he might be interested in joining us. We can offer him what Man City can't. More games. That is very important factor.

It's obvious that WB knew of interested parties before they made him Captain, as they knew it'd add to the transfer fee. They have no real reason to sell, though they do need funds to supplement other transfers, so they will hold out for as much and as long as they can. We however, cannot wait up to the last minute to bring in a CB, as we'll be rinsed elsewhere and end up with our 2nd/3rd choice and pay over the odds.

I don't think this is a smokescreen. I think he's our first choice.

We will definitely of had an indication that the player would join us it's just the way it works now.

very rare bids go in without finding out first the player is interested.

1 hour ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

We will definitely of had an indication that the player would join us it's just the way it works now.

very rare bids go in without finding out first the player is interested.

I was referring to the follow-up bids. We just have to convince him that we'd be a better option, should WB eventually agree to a fee. It's in their interest for this to carry on to the last hour.

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Just spoke to my neighbour again, he said we probably won't get him unless we bid £30 million. WBA have Evans for two more years and he thinks there's no need to sell. Only way they will sell Evans is if they can get in Sakho for the same amount.

My question is why don't we try for Sakho then ?

Pulis is no mug, he must see him as a contender

Sakho did fine at Palace last year until he was injured

Klopp doesn't seem to rate him even though they're not great in defence

And to top it off he's two years younger than Evans.

It's just a thought    ;)

Ps: Or is he another moody sod  ?

10 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

My question is why don't we try for Sakho then ?

Pulis is no mug, he must see him as a contender

Sakho did fine at Palace last year until he was injured

Klopp doesn't seem to rate him even though they're not great in defence

And to top it off he's two years younger than Evans.

It's just a thought    ;)

Ps: Or is he another moody sod  ?

Stopped reading after the first line, No thanks.

Manchester City to make new bid for Jonny Evans after Leicester's £21m attempt was rejected

West Brom want £30million for their defender and captain, who will be at City's training base this week

Manchester City are expected to make a fresh bid for Jonny Evans after Leicester failed with a £21million offer.

West Brom have rejected Leicester’s bid and want £30million for the Baggies defensive linchpin and captain.

City had an £18million offer rebuffed and are expected to table an improved bid before Thursday’s transfer deadline.

Ironically, Evans, 29, will be training at City’s CFA complex this week with Northern Ireland ahead of their World Cup qualifier against San Marino on Friday.

Baggies boss Tony Pulis is prepared to cash in on Evans and feels he could use his transfer windfall to strengthen his squad.

He is considering a bid for Liverpool outcast Mamadou Sakho, who accepts he has no future at Anfield and is looking for a move.

Liverpool wanted £30million for Sakho, who is also a target for Crystal Palace, but may consider another loan move just to offload him for the rest of the campaign.

Archived