Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

11 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I've just seen apparently he has more or less signed for them. :unsure:

we need to get a grip and quickly

We certainly do, before these others are snapped up, and we're left panic buying the dregs again on the last day of the season:nigel:

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

The problem is, we don't seem to be heavily linked with any cb at the moment. This is a major concern as its the main area we are desperate for either quality cover, or better still an improvement on what we currently have imo. Here we are just over a week into the new season, and no-ones sure of our cb pairing going into the next few games because of injuries to Wes and Huth. I think Benny's proved that he's not the answer and I think Wes will really struggle this season whether he's carrying an injury or not, with his lack of pace and quality on the ball. I'm already fed up of seeing him just hoof the ball anywhere. I know the bookies are not always right, but we are miles behind in the betting for Gibson, Smalling, Wimmer etc, with the likes of Man City, Stoke and West Brom supposedly ready to put in bids. WTF is going on?

Quite simply I think we need to sell before we buy. I think Lawrence was a reluctant sale. It's been reported teams want Musa on loan all summer but we prefer to sell. Hull recently said they may get Musa on loan but it would be late in the window if it were to happen ( IMO this statement suggests we've said ok to a loan but only if we can't sell). We've spent a lot so far but have recouped only £10m on Zieler and Lawrence. We probably have some money left to spend but a few more sales may give us what we need to get the players we want. 

Nb at the same time we only want to sell playets WE want to sell.

On 8/22/2017 at 10:28, Swan Lesta said:

BBC Gossip column saying this morning that Man City are gonna turn their attention to Gibson and put a £20 million bid in for him.

West Brom defender Jonny Evans, 29, expects to complete a £30m switch to Manchester City next week. (Mirror)

If the Man City interest is real, there's no chance we'll get him for £23m which is already an exorbitant amount for an almost 30-year old who's never been more than a solid PL centerback.

5 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

These transfer figures ster ridiculous nowadays. 

Good player but 23m?

Makes us look desperate 

Where does it leave Morgan and Huth? Are we planning on playing three at the back?

1 minute ago, shen said:

Where does it leave Morgan and Huth? Are we planning on playing three at the back?

Perhaps?  We haven't looked too solid so far have we! Arsenal have failed to score in both their other games. 

Anyway, if Man City are still intending to buy him then this is a waste of time. One would hope that we would be chasing an achievable target this late in the window so must have been tipped off by his agent that this bid would be enough for West Brom and that the player will come here. Of course, his agent could just be using us to hurry Man City along and I hope we have more than just evans in the pipeline to ensure one lands.  

I'm still not sure £23m for a 30yr old defender is a wise buy. I personally think he's not worth that much. This transfer window has over inflated everyone's value. 

I'm convinced that this transfer window will be remembered as the most bonkers in history. 

59 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

New bid by us in at £23m according to BBC's Simon Stone. 

Still my first choice but hard to see how we can compete with Man City?

I reckon this is a smoke screen for another defender we're in for. Totally out the blue and expect City to match whatever we do anyway

Just now, Hitesh said:

I reckon this is a smoke screen for another defender we're in for. Totally out the blue and expect City to match whatever we do anyway

We do tend to love this approach. Could be to pressure Man U over smalling 

Imagine if we spunked North of £50m on Jonny Evans and Andros Townsend?! lol

I think both players would be good additions but not at the figures being banded about. There has to be a point where we have to consider if we're making a rod for our own back. I know fees are crazy high but they're not £28m-for-Andros-Townsend high. We surely don't want to get a rep as a club who will pay stupid money for anyone.

20 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I'm still not sure £23m for a 30yr old defender is a wise buy. I personally think he's not worth that much. This transfer window has over inflated everyone's value. 

I'm convinced that this transfer window will be remembered as the most bonkers in history. 

...until the next transfer window. We keep thinking it cannot get more crazy, yet the trend is clear.

1 minute ago, Liamlcfc1 said:

Truth is more likely that it isn't that much below their valuation. He's obviously important to them, but like Liverpool are doing with Coutinho, they're happy to bide their time and watch the bids increase. Not to mention they're more likely to accept a Man City bid if it means Mangala can go the other way.

Percy has spoken. Pulis already admitted they will sell him at a certain price so I expect Man City are expected to meet that or at least get close. They seem to have rejected our offer pretty quickly so it must be well short. Man City can play this cleverly to make sure we are scrambling around on Thursday. 

People moaning about fees, I really hope you aren't the same people who moaned about our 2016 signings. We went for the cheaper, highly rated, ripping up their own league players then, but the risks of that are there for all to see now.

As a consequence of that window we are going for players who you know what you get from them in this league.

Ridiculously expensive, but that's the deal when signing from other prem clubs.

Archived