Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

Why has City taken nearly 8 weeks to swoop again for Evans , perhaps if we had offered 21 mill then we might have had him then , i think City have played a waiting game and its gone wrong , at this late date doesnt suggest to me that they have any other player's lined up, i can see another Wague situation here and its massively dissappointing!  

3 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Matt, could you let me know why ?

It was just a thought that's all   :thumbup:

I really just don't rate him at all, he was shocking for Liverpool, made so many mistakes, if i'm honest I can't comment on how he got on at Palace because I never took any notice but based on what I saw when he was playing for Liverpool i'd genuinely rather have Sol Bamba, i'll leave it at that.

Yeah sorry if my reply to your post came across as rude (It does reading it back to me) it just hit a nerve because I rate him so poorly! lol

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I really just don't rate him at all, he was shocking for Liverpool, made so many mistakes, if i'm honest I can't comment on how he got on at Palace because I never too any notice but based on what I saw when he was playing for Liverpool i'd genuinely rather have Sol Bamba, i'll leave it at that.

Sol's doing ok down here...... even got the winner Sat

Take you're point though.... cheers

20 minutes ago, ADAMSKI97 said:

Why has City taken nearly 8 weeks to swoop again for Evans , perhaps if we had offered 21 mill then we might have had him then , i think City have played a waiting game and its gone wrong , at this late date doesnt suggest to me that they have any other player's lined up, i can see another Wague situation here and its massively dissappointing!  

I think initially West Brom made it clear he wasn't for sale, offered him a new contract and made him captain.

The Man City bid probably unsettled him and we're just trying our luck again. 

4 minutes ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

If evans is worth 30m than morgan is worth 13m at the least

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

30m for Evans??   The World as gone mad.  There are younger and better options out there, but given we have left it this late in the window, we are going to have our pants pulled down (again!).

Just now, DatfoxesKid23 said:

Why did rudders leave it sooooooo late?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Well tbf we have no idea what he is doing regarding recruitment.  The emphasis at the moment appears to be on 'shipping out' and giving duds new contracts.  We may all be pleasantly surprised come Friday morning.

If Man City are serious, he'll go there.

I think we're wasting our time on this one and would urge the club to look to more viable targets before they go elsewhere.

Doesnt it make our Maguire signing so much sweet when he was only £17m. Evans is decent and would be good addition and at this stage of the transfer market then £30m is not THAT bad.

Im 50/50 on this.. it would be an improvement but it would also be a costly one. 

I know people will say 'our owners are loaded and we made x amount of ££ from CL etc 'blah blah blah but they are also very good business men... Like i say 50/50 ...

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If Man City are serious, he'll go there.

I think we're wasting our time on this one and would urge the club to look to more viable targets before they go elsewhere.

I concur.. Man City or LCFC hmmm CL or not .. tough choice :P ... HOWEVER didnt Harri M have a choice between us and Spurs and choose us after speaking with Shakey (prob other things too swayed him like ££, i dunno) But defo a possibility 

3 hours ago, ajthefox said:

We're making ourselves look well desperate.

What do you 'making'?

We are!

We have been all summer,  this position it was priority, we did well doing business early with Maguire but we still needed more, this was a fact last summer but yet we're here the following summer, 2 days before deadline day with only half the problem solved.

It looked like and amazing window for us, it still could be but it could go either way, I understand transfers aren't easy but why we struggle so much, take so much time and dilly dally I don't know, it's so frustrating.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Not so much smokescreen but if a player we are interested in is being held back by his club from coming here and he sees us actively pursuing other options it might make a difference this late in the window. 

Or you just tell his agent we're moving on to other targets. Don't think we need to send messages via smoke signal in this day and age.

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I thought United only wanted about £15m for Smalling.

He's better than Evans

He's younger than Evans

Why the feck or we still chasing Evans?

Probably because Smalling doesn't wanna come here. He probably thinks he can regain his spot in the Man Utd team. 

Manchester United to Leicester is a huge step backwards.

Archived