Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He has been better recently ?,

with the transfer window approaching.

I think if we all kept the stats quoted to goals and assists in the PL, credibility would be retained. 

oh hey, NTML, long time no see lol

i agree, as i said before, he got 3 goals and 4 assist. but you can't just push away the fact that he forced an own goal and two deflections that resulted in goals.

he is playing good now, he does everything so, let's hope for the best of the team that he keeps it up

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He has been better recently ?,

with the transfer window approaching.

I think if we all kept the stats quoted to goals and assists in the PL, credibility would be retained. 

Lol, so salty. A dig even when you seem to give him credit. Incredible.

Apart from the shockers against Arsenal and especially WHU, he played well this season. Not 2015/16 by all means but well enough to have his place in the starting XI. Notable contribution to the team and some vital goals scored. Fact. 

Puel wants to keep him, so no matter how much you (and some on here) can't stand him and want him gone, you can't deny his role and importance for the team this season.

I personally look forward for the second half of the season with Silva, Iborra, Ndidi, Gray, Albrighton AND hopefully Mahrez. In the meanwhile keep being edgy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

perhaps we can make the definition of an assist touching the ball at any time in the build up to a goal. Makes as much sense as the final pass and that way Mahrez fans can claim even more assists. 

im saying he is the last to touch ths ball before the scorer more than 4 times this season.

based on this the 4 assists is skewed.

all im hearing is its 4 without the source been quoted and how its defined, he had 4 in the first 5 games alone.

On 12/4/2017 at 16:50, the fox said:

are people really that naive (i don't wanna call people names) to think that he is playing bad on purpose? what does he have to gain? is it good for his career and reputation to play badly?

honestly, it is just a salty way to say "i don't want to give him any credit"

in october, he played good vs swansea, leeds and everton and scored vs wba (all the games he contributed a goal or an assist). he underperformed vs man city and west ham but bounced back vs spurs and burnley.

keep being petty!

We're a bit obsessed with motivation in this country. He has absolutely nothing what so ever to gain by playing badly. There is no scenario in football where playing badly on purpose will benefit you.

I expect him to maintain his form under Puel. He seems to realise how key a creative player he is. Under both Ranieri towards the end and Shakespeare we held him back with negative football. He's a fantastically talented player who will flourish in a side that actually works to his strengths, not one that nullifies them itself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

im saying he is the last to touch ths ball before the scorer more than 4 times this season.

based on this the 4 assists is skewed.

all im hearing is its 4 without the source been quoted and how its defined, he had 4 in the first 5 games alone.

honestly assists are overrated. A goal scored or conceeded, a victory or defeat is a team thing. Mahrez has gone from one of the best in the world to part of an average team. He shows a few moments of skill and a lot of moments of selfishness. He is one of the best players we have ever had yet he is rarely (overall) one of the best players in our team on a game to game basis. There are signs that he may be starting to recover his form, that's great news for us because we all love him and want him to perform well (most of us for Leicester City's sake). He has gotten deserved criticism for the last 18 months just as he got deserved praise for 15/16.

Very few fans in here really want him to leave or even be dropped as we know how good he can be, what we want is that he starts playing like we know he can, more passing and less head down running into defenders and whether he gets more or less assists it's sure that we'll get more and more wins. Less me, more us.

On 12/4/2017 at 20:31, HankMarvin said:

Are you him??

you seem to take anything RM related very personally

More a case of motivation and disappointment, as opposed to saying is he playing bad on purpose.

5a259da3088ac_s-3copy.jpg.0bc9daf103ea8953bc76c22d12fa0e3a.jpg 

"honestly, it is just a salty way to say "i don't want to give him any credit"

His on the home stretch now, the new agent wasn't in the hope of a new Leicester deal was it.

He doesn't want to be at the club, he was happy to take the money and sign a new deal though 12 months prior to his statement.

Congratulations to him on his 3 goals and 4 assists in 15 games, his on course to match his 6 goals from last season.

His shown the talent his has, when he is on form he is one of the best players to watch the question is why has that form been so infrequent over the last 2 years

If he still here come the end of the Window and his form doesn't drop please remind me of the post.

He doesnt have a new agent from what i saw on Algerian newspapers.

41 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Why does he even need an agent?

I thought he'd recently signed a long term contract. 

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Why does he even need an agent?

I thought he'd recently signed a long term contract. 

That's like saying "Why do you need medical insurance? You're in good health" or "Why do you need a lawyer for your company? You have no legal troubles"

5 hours ago, Redouane said:

"Now, there seems to be a greater resolve to shape events, rather than allow them to shape him; to follow his own path rather than wait for one to materialise.

He has a new agent — recently joining the Sports Invest stable that includes Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho, Chelsea's David Luiz and Willian, and the exciting Watford winger Richarlison."

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

"Now, there seems to be a greater resolve to shape events, rather than allow them to shape him; to follow his own path rather than wait for one to materialise.

He has a new agent — recently joining the Sports Invest stable that includes Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho, Chelsea's David Luiz and Willian, and the exciting Watford winger Richarlison."

They called his agent, who confirmed that he still is in fact his agent after the Daily Mail interview. 

"Le joueur n’a pas changé d’agent 
Toujours selon le journal, The Sun, Riyad Mahrez aurait changé d’agent dernièrement. Il aurait rejoint le groupe Sport Invest qui comprend notamment des joueurs tels que Coutinho de Liverppol ou bien, David Luiz et Willian de Chelsea. Voulant confirmer ou infirmer cette information, nous avons joint par téléphone Kamel Bengougam, qui était jusque-là son représentant et celui-ci a tenu à nous éclairer là-dessus : «Franchement, je ne sais pas d’où ils ramènent cette information. Je peux vous dire que je suis toujours l’agent de Riyad et qu’à aucun moment ce dernier ne s’est engagé avec un autre», a-t-il précisé. 
Rappelons qu’il y a deux ans, certains médias anglais avaient déjà affirmé que Mahrez avait changé d’agent, ce qui s’est révélé avec le temps comme une fausse information. "

Edited by Redouane

He has woken up under Puell some of his first touches are just sublime,the way he’s taken some of his goals also just amazing really hoping now Puell can persuade him to stay ??

would really miss the Mahrez magic if he leaves in January !!:riyad:

And his udder milking emoji !!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Let’s not kid ourselves about his performances or his ‘stand out’ hair do. He wants out. 

I want a million dollars, but that doesn't mean I will get it 

I think his price tag is about to increase considering his performances this season. If he wants out, expect a 100 million price tag. If coutinho goes for that much (and he's a tad overrated) then why not Mahrez?