Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

Difference for me seems to be that he is now using his first touch to take the ball into space - wherever that space is forwards backwards inside or out. Makes a change from last season where his first touch was always to take on the full back directly. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Monk said:

Difference for me seems to be that he is now using his first touch to take the ball into space - wherever that space is forwards backwards inside or out. Makes a change from last season where his first touch was always to take on the full back directly. 

Agreed. it's possibly a symptom of the side being less direct he can afford to take a touch backwards in to space and then slip in Iborra, gray or chilwell as we will look to build an attack somewhere else on the pitch. last season him and vardy were the the attack and if he took a touch backwards and slipped in drinky or Albrighton then it was just going to be humped into a channel anyway.

I also think having Gray in the side has improved Mahrez, there is an element of friendly rivalry between the 2 I think, they are both similar "flair" players and perhaps it's a case of 'anything you can do I can do better' attitude. As they say, a bit of friendly competition is always good! Long may it continue. 

• Like 1

ok, you must be worried about him going, you must be! when newcastle were controlling the game and the team missed too many long shots (notably gray, but he had a great game thought) he just took the ball and said "get out of my way, i got this" and after the goal the momentum changed significantly.

when the game started to feel like a slugfest, he did a messi-esque cross field pass to marc for the second goal. you can even see his contribution to the 3rd goal.

i think when he plays like that, he is head and shoulders above everyone in the club. a winger that can score and creat (creat, not just by crossing the ball) isn't exactly laying around ready to be picked up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the fox said:

ok, you must be worried about him going, you must be! when newcastle were controlling the game and the team missed too many long shots (notably gray, but he had a great game thought) he just took the ball and said "get out of my way, i got this" and after the goal the momentum changed significantly.

when the game started to feel like a slugfest, he did a messi-esque cross field pass to marc for the second goal. you can even see his contribution to the 3rd goal.

i think when he plays like that, he is head and shoulders above everyone in the club. a winger that can score and creat (creat, not just by crossing the ball) isn't exactly laying around ready to be picked up.

So, just in case I missed it - do you rather like Mahrez?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wasn't sure, you normally sit on the fence...

you kinda right, sometimes i like mahrez, other times i think he's better than messi, it depends on the weather and how many nutmegs he did last game. all an all, i thinks it averages out to "mahrez is the best in the league"

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is playing brilliantly again. Playing with the team yet also standing out as a boss player. He still wants to go quite badly i reckon, but i dont mind it if he's earning the right to have such ambition, which he is.

Clearly taken well to Puel, bit of positive football suits him and thats what he's looking for. Still be a big ask to keep him

• Like 1

On 05/12/2017 at 18:49, HankMarvin said:

No he has 4 league assists 

He isn’t just the best Leicester player for the three last season and no arguments ( what did Leicester do without him last season ? Gréât European shampoings league and he is records goal ! The league who was better ? 

It’s pretty obvious he wasn’t enjoying his football under Claudio  and shakey last season and this but seems to be loving his new found freedom under Puel and playing with a smile on his face.

whether he stays or goes who knows just enjoy it while we can.

Edited by Jay

13 hours ago, Monk said:

Yes I would add; 

He’s also passing the ball more and he’s a completely different amd better player when he does this.

Maybe a little fortunate with the goal, but if you don’t shoot you don’t score.

Pleasing to see him play so well.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2017 at 02:43, Jattdogg said:

Just getting ready for chelsea to come in with a 50 mill offer and relegate drinky to the u21s

Thinking DD don’t realise how much bench warming he would be doing at Chelski even with a pay rise, bet he’d rather be playing more football than he is ah well it was his choice !!