Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

If we sell him to Chelsea I'll give up football and focus my efforts on supporting the local lawn bowls team. 

No way ANY club should surrender their entire midfield to one team for a few shekels. Losing Drinkwater was bad enough. 

Not really. Iborra does an admirable job.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

If we sell him to Chelsea I'll give up football and focus my efforts on supporting the local lawn bowls team. 

No way ANY club should surrender their entire midfield to one team for a few shekels. Losing Drinkwater was bad enough. 

we haven't missed Drinkwater in the slightest

• Like 3

A real shame Mahrez probably won't be here next season because Puel has devised a system where he can't be man marked easily like he was last season. Against Newcastle there were times when Albrighton was on the RW, Grey on the LW and Mahrez through the middle and  at other times Mahrez was on the RW, Albrighton on the LW and Grey through the middle. That's the unpredictability and fluidity we've needed for some time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sm1 said:

A real shame Mahrez probably won't be here next season because Puel has devised a system where he can't be man marked easily like he was last season. Against Newcastle there were times when Albrighton was on the RW, Grey on the LW and Mahrez through the middle and  at other times Mahrez was on the RW, Albrighton on the LW and Grey through the middle. That's the unpredictability and fluidity we've needed for some time.

at Mahrez' age and the fee we seem to want there is no certainty that a big side will see him as worth it as there would be no resale value on the transfer

It'll be a shame if he leaves now the Gray-Mahrez partnership is reaping dividends. 

It seems so simple but only Puel managed it: have their defence try to double mark Mahrez thereby releasing Gray, or have them monitoring Gray, giving Mahrez the space he's seen in the last few games. And with Vardy lurking deep Gray and Mahrez have further space to weave and plot.

Even for 40 million it'll be hard to find a winger that strikes the fear that Mahrez does. Yet would a player who's clearly in the top class of European football risk another season without it if, come Janurary, a big European club comes knocking?

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

we haven't missed Drinkwater in the slightest

Late me take you back just a few weeks. Iborra was injured and he struggled in his early games...silva was barred.... our manager got sacked and our midfield was just wilf.  

We may not miss drinky now but it took us a while to fill the gap.

Thinking about what i just wrote. . May be it was all destiny ...  so that puel came in...iborra and ndidi forged a great midfield and we finish above spurs.

If nacho could start to deliver it would all be gravy

Danny who?

Edited by foxinsocks

33 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It'll be a shame if he leaves now the Gray-Mahrez partnership is reaping dividends. 

It seems so simple but only Puel managed it: have their defence try to double mark Mahrez thereby releasing Gray, or have them monitoring Gray, giving Mahrez the space he's seen in the last few games. And with Vardy lurking deep Gray and Mahrez have further space to weave and plot.

Even for 40 million it'll be hard to find a winger that strikes the fear that Mahrez does. Yet would a player who's clearly in the top class of European football risk another season without it if, come Janurary, a big European club comes knocking?

Can't really see a big club knocking this window. Too expensive and a couple of good games after a rather dire season aren't enough to convince them to sign the check. But if he maintains his form the entire season then he's definitely off next summer. 

On 10/12/2017 at 13:08, Koke said:

Expecting a £50m bid from Chelsea coming in soon. Hazard and Mahrez together would lit up the league. 

Anyone but Chelsea. If they take our league winning central midfield and winger we'd pretty much be a feeder club.

On 11/12/2017 at 15:04, foxile5 said:

I totally agree and would probably do the same. I cant think of a football club that I despise more. The thought of Mahrez going there fills me with dread.

Edited by wokinghamfox

On 11/12/2017 at 15:04, foxile5 said:

Losing Kante eclipses DD.

17 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Don't want to see him go but he now has to be worth £50/60M.

60M players won't come here, that's what people don't understand. I don't give a damn about his price, just hope he stays at least until the end of the season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Nice to see him playing with a bit of a smile on his face. Maybe he’s realised that LCFC have done as much for him as he’s done for us.

been delightful to watch this season and if it continues he might get the move he’s after

Depends on who you refer to as "LCFC". The staff has been patient with him, but I can't say the same about some of the fan base.

14 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Nice to see him playing with a bit of a smile on his face. Maybe he’s realised that LCFC have done as much for him as he’s done for us.

been delightful to watch this season and if it continues he might get the move he’s after

I've always felt he enjoyed playing for us, but that recently he wanted to play for a bigger club. Nothing wrong with that. 

But he looks much happier on the pitch at the moment and smacking goals in again.

• Like 1