Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Chris Smalling

43 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I dont dispute that Smalling is an upgrade on Wes.  I just doubt whether Shakey would change both centre backs.

Shakeys job will be on the line if we start leaking goals like last season, he will do whatever is necessary. John Terry was a legend at Chelsea but sat on the bench his last year. Football is an unsentimental business and winning is all that counts. 

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Shakeys job will be on the line if we start leaking goals like last season, he will do whatever is necessary. John Terry was a legend at Chelsea but sat on the bench his last year. Football is an unsentimental business and winning is all that counts. 

I agree completely. It'd be great to field all of our favourite players, however in the position we're in (and Shakey in particular), one bad season could make or break us. We need to consolidate and move forward, otherwise we risk stagnating in mid-table or worse. We can still attract some talent and we need to do it at present as the opportunity may not always be there. 

It'll be frustrating for Wes and Huth should they struggle to get game time but they're the kind of people who will still nurture our future players and keep people in line. They're leaders and professionals, I can only imagine they would want the best for the club so long as they are still sitting pretty on large contracts close to the last couple of years where they can still earn big money.

6 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I dont dispute that Smalling is an upgrade on Wes.  I just doubt whether Shakey would change both centre backs.

If he doesn't, then he be picking up his P45 sooner than he thinks.. There are some of the best strikers in the world playing in the EPL and they will enjoy playing against aging and slow CB's.. Wes has been brilliant for us, but we really must add more pace and mobility in this area.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

If he doesn't, then he be picking up his P45 sooner than he thinks.. There are some of the best strikers in the world playing in the EPL and they will enjoy playing against aging and slow CB's.. Wes has been brilliant for us, but we really must add more pace and mobility in this area.

This exactly.

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

He's playing in the Super Cup right now against Real Madrid. Won loads of trophies. Hardly sh*t. 

He isnt shit! Although saying that i don't think he has shinned much when playing for England.. 

Wouldn't say no to him for playing for us though. 

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Can't we just go and sign Smalling? Clear to see Mourinho doesn't see him as a big part of his plans and if Jones continues to play for United and performs, Smallings England place could be under threat for the World Cup. How great would Maguire and Smalling be.....

They would be a massive improvement on Morgan and Huth, and a pairing that could be together for many years

Archived