Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Chris Smalling

49 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Worried about the mobility of our back line... Simpson and Wes looked like they were creaking against BMG. Would feel much better getting rid of Benny and bringing another CB in.

It has to be THE priority, but  our only links with CBS are tenuous at best. The odds also suggest that we are well behind others chasing the likes of Gibson and Smalling.

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Worried about the mobility of our back line... Simpson and Wes looked like they were creaking against BMG. Would feel much better getting rid of Benny and bringing another CB in.

Benny did a job for us last season when we needed him but his performance against Spurs was hugely concerning and the tackle against Burton was shameful. I'd be happy if we got rid of him and got someone else in.

Really think Smalling along side Maguire would be an excellent pairing but could you see Shaky dropping big Wes ?

Benny for some reason has become a right fruit loop this year that tackle at Burton was discraceful and Simpson way out of position and allowed Hazard a clear shot on goal does worry me a bit, he can normally be a cracking left back when on form I think he needs a bit of competition for that position.

But this coming season I'm really hoping Shakey doesn't give into sticking with his old squad but he fields the best side we have at our disposable to put out and if that means replacing Morgan or Simpson then fair be it !

35 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Really think Smalling along side Maguire would be an excellent pairing but could you see Shaky dropping big Wes ?

Benny for some reason has become a right fruit loop this year that tackle at Burton was discraceful and Simpson way out of position and allowed Hazard a clear shot on goal does worry me a bit, he can normally be a cracking left back when on form I think he needs a bit of competition for that position.

But this coming season I'm really hoping Shakey doesn't give into sticking with his old squad but he fields the best side we have at our disposable to put out and if that means replacing Morgan or Simpson then fair be it !

Yes i think he'd drop morgan.

Simmo wasn't out of position he just missed the challenge and had been left to deal with 2 players. 

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

if we bought Chris Smalling would you give him the captain's armband ?

No. Wes club captain, kasper on pitch captain.

I'd love to see us go out and get the best centre half we could get and start a new era with a new quality settled centre half pairing. Morgan and Huth as cover and maybe sell one of them in January or next summer depending on circumstances?

Benalouane was a terrible buy at the time and nothing has happened since then that has changed my mind. If we got an offer of a couple of million I'd sell.

Simpson is Mr Reliable, I'm not a fan of his type of full back but defensively he's rock solid and dependable.

Just now, Gerard said:

I'd love to see us go out and get the best centre half we could get and start a new era with a new quality settled centre half pairing. Morgan and Huth as cover and maybe sell one of them in January or next summer depending on circumstances?

Benalouane was a terrible buy at the time and nothing has happened since then that has changed my mind. If we got an offer of a couple of million I'd sell.

Simpson is Mr Reliable, I'm not a fan of his type of full back but defensively he's rock solid and dependable.

He wasn't the other night and for a lot of last season

12 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

He wasn't the other night and for a lot of last season

Who in the back line was more consistent and reliable than Simpson last season?

23 minutes ago, toddybad said:

No. Wes club captain, kasper on pitch captain.

Absolutely no reason to take the armband off Wes while he's on the pitch.

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

I have been told if Mahrez has not gone before KO he's not going at all. So we wait till Friday.

Not sure Mahrez has been told that, him having mentioned that there's still a month of the window left in his latest statement! There's absolutely no way a deal will be sorted in time before Friday.

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Who in the back line was more consistent and reliable than Simpson last season?

Absolutely no reason to take the armband off Wes while he's on the pitch.

We were discussing smalling taking Morgan's place in the team.....:wes:

42 minutes ago, brucey said:

Not sure Mahrez has been told that, him having mentioned that there's still a month of the window left in his latest statement! There's absolutely no way a deal will be sorted in time before Friday.

It may just mean the club receive an acceptable bid by then. So it's completed Monday. But seems they won't accept a new offer after then. They may just be putting it out to stop roma fvcking about and get on with it.

I'd personally love to see Smalling over Gibson come into the club. Has a lot to offer, very quick and another personality fit. Unfortunately, I just don't see him leaving Man U at all this window, they still need him to provide cover, or even start. 

1 hour ago, brucey said:

If Arsenal were to bid the £40m-£50m we supposedly value him at, there's no way he'll play... However Arsenal don't offer asking price and may not even want to sign him anyway.

20 minutes ago, cc_star said:

If Arsenal were to bid the £40m-£50m we supposedly value him at, there's no way he'll play... However Arsenal don't offer asking price and may not even want to sign him anyway.

I honestly think Arsenhole don't want to sign him it's more Arseface Wenger playing mind games to put Mahrez off his game, I'll be really surprised if he goes there but I recon he won't go anywhere in this window which means he'll be on top form ready for the January window !!

5 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I'd personally love to see Smalling over Gibson come into the club. Has a lot to offer, very quick and another personality fit. Unfortunately, I just don't see him leaving Man U at all this window, they still need him to provide cover, or even start. 

Smalling is in the same boat as Keane, Maguire, Gibson & Stones. They will need to play regular Prem football this season to have a chance at the world cup. Smaling doesn't look like getting regular first team starts at Man U.

34 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Smalling is in the same boat as Keane, Maguire, Gibson & Stones. They will need to play regular Prem football this season to have a chance at the world cup. Smaling doesn't look like getting regular first team starts at Man U.

Which is a massive problem for us attracting them.  We've already bought one centre back falling into the category of wanting game time for their England career.  Is it likely we'll buy another and drop Wes straight away?

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Which is a massive problem for us attracting them.  We've already bought one centre back falling into the category of wanting game time for their England career.  Is it likely we'll buy another and drop Wes straight away?

Smalling or Gibson would make the team & Wes would be on the bench 

Archived