Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Chris Smalling

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If you can't tell the difference between people posting total and utter bollocks that has nothing to do with football or even remotely related to it. And discussing our centre backs, their merits and how that's actually linked to whether we need to sign a new centre back, then it's no wonder you seem constantly miffed in this area of the forum. 

Here is a link to them if you're struggling.

Who do you think you are talking to me like that? Your posts are condescending and hypocritical because on numerous occasions you go on one man crusades often starting arguments in an empty room and completely off topic.

My comments in KI thread were completely on topic, never once did I mention getting to so many pages, my comments were related to the fact that feck all was happening and obviously wasn't going to for a while despite what ITK or IKFA were saying. So lightening what was a boring no news thread with groundhog day posts is relevant cos feck all was and has happened. 

So if you struggle with understanding that comments about the NO NEWS element of that thread was and is relevant because there was no flecking news then you are the one with the problem.

54 minutes ago, Worthington said:

It is about Smalling. I was just adding an opinion to the context of why/when we might need to sign further defensive options! IMO, he'd be a good signing, but I ain't CS, so I don't know what the club's plans are. Not writing off Morgan/Huth either....But both have been 'bombproof' for a while, so when the odd injury does start to creep in, it's a concern. Particularly as 'over 30s' can find 'niggles' don't shake off so easily.....I should know !

Wortho I put a smiley face on it and it was tongue in cheek cos the Internet police popped up and quoted me in another thread and quite frankly the hypocrisy  is laughable. I get your point and have no problem about differing opinions and debates. People in glass houses being smug and condescending really do need to put their stones down though.

Just now, Worthington said:

No offence taken, as was none intended! Mind you....perhaps shouldn't be putting claptrap like THIS in a transfer thread lol !

Be careful mate a bit of light hearted banter will get you a lecture and rules quoted at you.......ooooooooo scary :) Anyway I think he'd be a decent signing :)

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Based on what exactly? The whole team was rubbish last season, when the team improved towards the end so did he. You can't lay all the issues at his door when everyone was suffering the same way.

No they were not great last season....he's a bullish defender, and last year on a few occasion he came unstuck and lost his one on one battles...I've also noticed a lot more ball watching from him...we conceded a fair few sloppy goals from what appeared to be aimless balls into the box, but on reply show Wes being caught on his heels....not taking anything away from what he has done, by I don't think that he can consistently perform at the top level anymore...holding onto people for sentimental reasons eventually trips you up...

35 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Who do you think you are talking to me like that? Your posts are condescending and hypocritical because on numerous occasions you go on one man crusades often starting arguments in an empty room and completely off topic.

Shall we rewind a little bit. You are the one dragging other threads into this one with your "rules are the rules" post. You know very well it was me who made that post, so I know very well you are aiming your comments at me. You're the one making snide posts, so I'll talk to you in the manner it deserves.

35 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

My comments in KI thread were completely on topic, never once did I mention getting to so many pages, my comments were related to the fact that feck all was happening and obviously wasn't going to for a while despite what ITK or IKFA were saying. So lightening what was a boring no news thread with groundhog day posts is relevant cos feck all was and has happened.

Who said you did mention page count? I doubt very much Mark locked the thread because of you and nobody suggested otherwise. It was page after page after page of total nonsense and the clear attempt by others to do nothing but extend the thread that got it locked.

It seemed to me, you were questioning why the thread had been locked and I posted the rules and mentioned the post boosting in an attempt to explain why it probably had. It wasn't a dig at anything you'd said or done in the KI thread.

Anyway, I'm saying no more as this is getting off topic and it will end up seeing us both banned from the transfer forum.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Shall we rewind a little bit. You are the one dragging other threads into this one with your "rules are the rules" post. You know very well it was me who made that post, so I know very well you are aiming your comments at me. You're the one making snide posts, so I'll talk to you in the manner it deserves.

Who said you did mention page count? I doubt very much Mark locked the thread because of you and nobody suggested otherwise. It was page after page after page of total nonsense and the clear attempt by others to do nothing but extend the thread that got it locked.

It seemed to me, you were questioning why the thread had been locked and I posted the rules and mentioned the post boosting in an attempt to explain why it probably had. It wasn't a dig at anything you'd said or done in the KI thread.

Anyway, I'm saying no more as this is getting off topic and it will end up seeing us both banned from the transfer forum.

Please do not stop... we could end up with another 100 pager here:unsure:

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Fair enough, let's put this down to a misunderstanding on both sides due to quotes and misquotes Babs!

Let's get back to on topic or maybe slightly off topic if justifiable points ;)

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Fair enough, let's put this down to a misunderstanding on both sides due to quotes and misquotes Babs!

Let's get back to on topic or maybe slightly off topic if justifiable points ;)

Indeed, apologies!... Back on topic, is Wes injury prone ;)

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Indeed, apologies!... Back on topic, is Wes injury prone ;)

No. He's an ageing plodder with a great big heart.

If this guy is available for £10 million and happy to join a team at our level I'd be all over it. Having him and Maguire at the back could actually lead to us hitting over 45% possession on a semi-regular basis!

Smalling is not coming here and not leaving Man U. He's featured heavily in preseason and came on against Real Madrid when Mourinho put on all his starters (DDG, Blind, Herrera, Mkhy, Pogba, Lukaku) yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Smalling is not coming here and not leaving Man U. He's featured heavily in preseason and came on against Real Madrid when Mourinho put on all his starters (DDG, Blind, Herrera, Mkhy, Pogba, Lukaku) yesterday. 

nice sweeping statement. Friendlys mean nothing.

Man u have loads of centre halfs now

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

nice sweeping statement. Friendlys mean nothing.

Man u have loads of centre halfs now

Sorry if it doesn't fit with your narrative but he's not coming here. If they have loads of CBs why did he play so much, or at all, if he is leaving? 

2 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Sorry if it doesn't fit with your narrative but he's not coming here. If they have loads of CBs why did he play so much, or at all, if he is leaving? 

The hell nonsense is this? You play the players you want to sell to get them in the window. You don't make a player disappear from public view and expect people to bid on him lol

Just now, Innovindil said:

The hell nonsense is this? You play the players you want to sell to get them in the window. You don't make a player disappear from public view and expect people to bid on him lol

You think teams buy players based on preseason performances? Teams scout competitive games not friendlies (which apparently mean nothing!). Are we playing Riyad to get him in the shop window or to have him be part of our team and practice and play together in preparation for the new season, in the hope he stays? 

Ask any coach or manager if preseason is preparation of fitness and tactics or an advert for selling unwanted players, and I'll know what they will answer. 

Didn't realize I'd get so much vitriol for stating that Smalling isn't coming. People really must want him! 

Smalling would be an upgrade on Morgan but i've no idea as to whether his character will fit in.

We need to transition the team but I dont think immediately changing the centre back partnership completely is a good idea.  Huth is already out so pushing Wes out at the same time would be a mistake IMO.

Given that Smalling would only be likely to join us or anyone else for gauranteed 1st team football, overall, we probably shouldnt bother and look for someone else.

47 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

You think teams buy players based on preseason performances? Teams scout competitive games not friendlies (which apparently mean nothing!). Are we playing Riyad to get him in the shop window or to have him be part of our team and practice and play together in preparation for the new season, in the hope he stays? 

Ask any coach or manager if preseason is preparation of fitness and tactics or an advert for selling unwanted players, and I'll know what they will answer. 

Didn't realize I'd get so much vitriol for stating that Smalling isn't coming. People really must want him! 

Its not vitriol, you are telling us he is definitely not moving. You're basing it on the fact that he's played a couple of pre season games? Absurd statement. 

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Its not vitriol, you are telling us he is definitely not moving. You're basing it on the fact that he's played a couple of pre season games? Absurd statement. 

Guess that means Mahrez is staying then.

20 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Ok, I'm basing it purely on preseason.... 

• Rojo is injured til Jan
  • Jones is a sick note
  • Bailly is suspended for 3 matches
  • Lindelhoff looked decent
  • Smalling played nearly every game when he came back from injury
  • They are fighting across 4 tournaments this season 

Look, if he joins us, then I'll be happy, but he's not going to come in my opinion

Archived