Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Chris Smalling

Personally, can't see a better replacement for Huth or Morgan than Smalling.

Exactly the type of presence the defence needs. Him and Maguire would be potentially a very strong partnership imo.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Smalling and Maguire at the back would be unbelievable. 

Agree..Up there with Sjoberg & Cross and May & Manley.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Personally, can't see a better replacement for Huth or Morgan than Smalling.

Exactly the type of presence the defence needs. Him and Maguire would be potentially a very strong partnership imo.

Spot. On. 

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Do not dismiss Jimmy Willis!

Just to  veer OT for a second, Jimmy Willis was truly dreadful when he arrived but he did manage to come good (to an extent) in the end, MotM in the play off final v Derby and I always remember that gobshite Tommy Johnson punching him in the face when he was on the deck in that game.

Interesting fact, I believe he was the first player to score in all top five divisions in England.

Now working as a taxi driver.

Just now, murphy said:

Just to  veer OT for a second, Jimmy Willis was truly dreadful when he arrived but he did manage to come good (to an extent) in the end, MotM in the play off final v Derby and I always remember that gobshite Tommy Johnson punching him in the face when he was on the deck in that game.

Interesting fact, I believe he was the first player to score in all top five divisions in England.

Now working as a taxi driver.

He was bloody unlucky I thought, one of those that the scapegoating mob liked to turn on when he was drafted in at a really bad time.

That sending off against Coventry was one of the poorest pieces of refereeing I have ever seen.

So long as he'd extend another two seasons or so, give us four total, his wages are a bit cheeky at 100k for a CB, but I don't see that being a huge problem. Might well give us an advantage over the other teams, our willingness to pay those wages, plus he plays some RB, gives us a credible alternative there as well in a pinch. 

Both Smalling & Gibson need to play regular premier league football this year if they want to have a chance at a world cup spot. Smalling  will not get regular play at Man U & Gibson will not get a spot playing championship football. Leicester can offer premier league football to one of them and the chance to play alongside Maguire should be a bonus for either one. Lets get our centre back situation set for the next five years and sign one of them. My preference is Gibson but I would be very happy with Smalling as well

He'd be a quality long-term replacement for one of Huth and Morgan. Down the line, Maguire and Smalling could be an excellent partnership, providing Smalling can stay fit.

Smalling's injury record is the one reservation I have with him coming here. He is quality though and probably worth a punt for the £15m figure being mentioned.

Would assume the fee being quoted is lower than what anyone would be paying especially for an English, Man Utd defender just going into his prime.

But still I would be happy to pay £20m for him. We are still lacking at CB. With Shakey quotes on Benalouane, Can't see him being involved too much. So that leaves us with Maguire, Morgan and Johnson (and possibly Amartey) going into the start of the season. Even with Benny involved, we look light.

Archived