Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Chris Smalling

This happens and business is nearly done perfectly.

I say nearly, we still need a RB and a creative midfielder.

What are the actual links/rumours this however, I like to think I've got my ear fairly close to the ground with LCFC and I've seen very little links on this, people are saying the  Siggy rumours/thread needs to close however I've seen more links and rumours regards that then this.

5 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Cash machine 

Yeah, Rudkins getting the money out from the ATM at his local garage. But his daily withdrawl limit is £200 so it's taking him a while to build up his transfer war chest before he can bid.

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

Can't confirm who but have been told all we are looking at atm is a CB. But no names mentioned.

sylo you playing cryptic? :thumbup: could have posted that in the Gibson thread.

Smalling would be a great buy for us.

15 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

sylo you playing cryptic? :thumbup: could have posted that in the Gibson thread.

Smalling would be a great buy for us.

No i answered a question the best way i could. Perhaps a little clearer.

Atm it seems the only position we are actively seeking to fill is another CB. That suggests to me unless we get an offer we can't refuse one more player in and we have done. I cant say who the CB is as no names have been mentioned as yet.

I could have put it in the Gibson thread but the question was in here.

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

No i answered a question the best way i could. Perhaps a little clearer.

Atm it seems the only position we are actively seeking to fill is another CB. That suggests to me unless we get an offer we can't refuse one more player in and we have done. I cant say who the CB is as no names have been mentioned as yet.

I could have put it in the Gibson thread but the question was in here.

Thats not bad news. I suppose if we get in just another CB who is good enough we have a strong enough squad, apart from being a bit thin at RB

Then there is just the Mahrez thing to worry about...

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Thats not bad news. I suppose if we get in just another CB who is good enough we have a strong enough squad, apart from being a bit thin at RB

Then there is just the Mahrez thing to worry about...

I have been told if Mahrez has not gone before KO he's not going at all. So we wait till Friday.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Worried about the mobility of our back line... Simpson and Wes looked like they were creaking against BMG. Would feel much better getting rid of Benny and bringing another CB in.

We need a big overhaul of our defence, it was horse muck for the majority of last season. It took such a gargantuan effort to keep teams at bay when we improved under Shakespeare but Morgan, Huth, Fuchs and Simpson aren't getting any younger and their on the decline. How we don't think a right back is necessary scares the shit out of me, it's horrifying. Simpson has been high class in the last two seasons but he's more than capable of returning to mediocrity, likewise Morgan. Hutu has been very good all

his career but there comes a time when you can no longer cut it, I think he'll last longer than Morgan but one of them needs to be phased out and I'd rather it be Wes who struggles without Huth anyway. 

Jury is still out on Chilwell to replace Fuchs, whom also has it in him to be very poor for periods of time. I think in the next year we could require 3-4 new defenders.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a big overhaul of our defence, it was horse muck for the majority of last season. It took such a gargantuan effort to keep teams at bay when we improved under Shakespeare but Morgan, Huth, Fuchs and Simpson aren't getting any younger and their on the decline. How we don't think a right back is necessary scares the shit out of me, it's horrifying. Simpson has been high class in the last two seasons but he's more than capable of returning to mediocrity, likewise Morgan. Hutu has been very good all

his career but there comes a time when you can no longer cut it, I think he'll last longer than Morgan but one of them needs to be phased out and I'd rather it be Wes who struggles without Huth anyway. 

Jury is still out on Chilwell to replace Fuchs, whom also has it in him to be very poor for periods of time. I think in the next year we could require 3-4 new defenders.

The right back situation is a ticking bomb, agreed.  I like Simpson but if he gets injured we're fuched, and should be looking at least get a young understudy in with a more modern style, a Chilwell of the left (I think with Fuchs and Chilwell as comp. we are pretty good in LB position).  Get that and one more centreback in and I think we'll be good for the season

Archived