Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva

34 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The thing with the Premier League is, it's not about keeping the ball. You get success here with high tempo.

What you need is players who use the ball positively. Yes passing the ball to your teammates is essential but it's not much use if it's going backwards.

It's all about finding the balance between getting the ball forward quickly without wasting possession. There is far too much emphasis these days on keeping the ball for no reason (see Spurs fans' comments).

Correct.

Keeping the ball for the sake of it is a complete waste of time as we proved in the title winning year.

I want to see fast attacking football not passing the ball across the midfield and defence getting nowhere. 

We won the league being different

and I'd rather finish 10th having been entertained, than 7th and being bored to death having watching a team with higher possession stats.

Adrien silva is no longer a target.

Ndidi, Drinkwater, Iborra, James & King are the CM options.

Mendy will be leaving assuming a suitable offer is received, if not he'll be going out on loan for game time.

Amartey is being earmarked as a back up right back to Simpson, and isn't being considered as a viable CB or CM option by Shakespeare. Expect to see him get more playing time as RB in the next few friendlies.

Silva is going elsewhere this summer, but not to us , our name is just an easy link (from last summer) to help with negotiations with other potential clubs on price.

28 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Mendy will be leaving assuming a suitable offer is received, if not he'll be going out on loan for game time.

Amartey is being earmarked as a back up right back to Simpson, and isn't being considered as a viable CB or CM option by Shakespeare. Expect to see him get more playing time as RB in the next few friendlies.

Silva is going elsewhere this summer, but not to us , our name is just an easy link (from last summer) to help with negotiations with other potential clubs on price.

Which other targets do we have? :) (Other positions)

1 hour ago, City1884 said:

And you know this how?

2 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Yup I am, I know Eagle is for Benfica but yes I am a true Sporting fan. Ask me anything and you will know.

What came first, the Thai lady boy or Tom Hopper?

2 hours ago, City1884 said:

If true and Mahrez leaves, then we are seriously going to struggle to create anything and we will need to get used to the long ball approach again unfortunately. 

Big mistake not having a genuine RB that offers back-up and more in attack than Simpson and also a mistake not signing a creative CM in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, City1884 said:

It'd be interesting to know if you have any reason to post this as fact.

The Iborra signing & the second half v WBA suggest to me we'll play 3 in midfield from time to time. For that we need 6 midfielders, with James & King as 5 & 6. Otherwise I agree with you, whether fact or speculation.

I'd like Silva to come to improve the quality of our first choice options.

I'd love to see us choosing from Drinky Ndidi Silva & Iborra each week! I'm not writing off James, who potentially is if that level, but we can't count on him to deliver over 38 games IMO..

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Not true. We have 3 targets.

We're looking at David Gold to join the board, Adrien Silva in midfield and Lucy Bronze as cover at right back. 

I am am unsure of the order of preference. 

Bronze is surely third choice ?

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

If we are to become a top 4 side then we need to release Hamer and get someone better in.

I agree a third choice keeper would make the difference and top 4. Wasting money on first choice defenders midfield and forwards is just stupid.

20m on a third choice keeper would be far better.

31 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I agree a third choice keeper would make the difference and top 4. Wasting money on first choice defenders midfield and forwards is just stupid.

20m on a third choice keeper would be far better.

Who you agreeing with? I'd love to know who mentioned spending 20m on a third choice keeper and not spending anything on the rest of the squad and the keeper alone would guarantee top 4...

As far as I can tell you're the first to mention this! 

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

If we are to become a top 4 side then we need to release Hamer and get someone better in.

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Who you agreeing with? I'd love to know who mentioned spending 20m on a third choice keeper and not spending anything on the rest of the squad and the keeper alone would guarantee top 4...

As far as I can tell you're the first to mention this! 

So the above quote about getting rid of Hammer to become top 4 is not you.

57 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So the above quote about getting rid of Hammer to become top 4 is not you.

It was a part of wider discussion, you have just plucked loads of stuff out of thin air there.

Archived