Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Boudebouz

10 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Wonder if signing him would please Mahrez or at least tempt him into staying another year?

Mahrez played superbly... we sign Slimani, Mahrez plays sh*t! 

Flawed logic based on this. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Mahrez played superbly... we sign Slimani, Mahrez plays sh*t! 

Flawed logic based on this. 

Mahrez's form problem is a result of him over wanting to make an impact..... so he becomes myopic and stuck trying to dribble and shoot.

His problemd are independent of whoever we signed or sign in the future.

I hope we can fix it

But meanwhile it makes no sense to base any actions on what may help mahrez....

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Mahrez's form problem is a result of him over wanting to make an impact..... so he becomes myopic and stuck trying to dribble and shoot.

His problemd are independent of whoever we signed or sign in the future.

I hope we can fix it

But meanwhile it makes no sense to base any actions on what may help mahrez....

I agree. I was just making the point that signing more Algerians isn't the way to solve the Mahrez situation. 

Obviosly Slimani joining didn't have an effect on Mahrez.

6 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Wonder if signing him would please Mahrez or at least tempt him into staying another year?

Wasn't that the thinking behind Slimani?

All that did was have our pants down for £30m and arguably I question how much he wants to be here.

Look I don't know how good this Boudebouz is, hopefully fantastic and we do sign him. On the other hand I'd quite like the Algerian entourage to **** off, I feel most will when Mahrez goes anyway.

Look ryhad was a part of our gratest triumph. ... thats why is sad to see him struggling for form .... and for a club

Putting thst to one side... if our openess to embrace ryhad encourages other great algerians to get in board .... then good

Tbh from the clips I've seen of this guy, he looks to have more in his locker than rihad. Skills free kicks, a right box of tricks. I do hope we sign him. For me, a player that once he hits the floor running, will be every bit as influential as rihad

7 hours ago, Ozwin said:

F***k Mahrez, he doesn't want to be here, get rid. I spoke about this guy months ago on FT. Mate of mine is working over there and watched him every home game last season and raved about him.He's a more than adequate replacement. 

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

F***k Mahrez, he doesn't want to be here, get rid. I spoke about this guy months ago on FT. Mate of mine is working over there and watched him every home game last season and raved about him.He's a more than adequate replacement. 

I tend to agree with those sentiments. Mahrez is yesterday's man if he doesn't want to be here and anyone who thinks he's irreplaceable is mistaken. This club is, and will be, far bigger than Mahrez even if the guy himself might not think so.

I won't lament his going for a moment. He'll probably get injured at Arsenal anyway and hardly be heard of again.   

5 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

Thank you. Very interesting read.

intitially, I was interested in tackles won, believe it or not! Boudebouz is clearly our man. He's better in all departments, near enough, apart from goals tally. 

But we we also have those goals in our squad, with Lawrence (all be it in a different league) I think he should be on our bench and rotate with Our new no.10, whoever that may be

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

I tend to agree with those sentiments. Mahrez is yesterday's man if he doesn't want to be here and anyone who thinks he's irreplaceable is mistaken. This club is, and will be, far bigger than Mahrez even if the guy himself might not think so.

I won't lament his going for a moment. He'll probably get injured at Arsenal anyway and hardly be heard of again.   

I think their training regime will probably ensure he misses half the season as it does with half of their squad.  

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Thank you. Very interesting read.

intitially, I was interested in tackles won, believe it or not! Boudebouz is clearly our man. He's better in all departments, near enough, apart from goals tally. 

As I said, this is the guy we should be concentrating all our efforts on signing. He would make a massive difference to our team, and you never know he might even give a f***k, unlike Mahrez did last season.

Archived