Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Boudebouz

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I take your point but not every team can acommodate a flair player, let alone two, especially when you are a low possession team like us.  So the question is, what is more effective in a team like ours?  A workhorse like Okazaki or a much more talented player that might drift in and out with no defensive qualities?   I;m not sure we could afford the latter.

I can see us having 50-55% against some teams this season, especially at home. We need someone to help Mahrez out in a creative sense and to give the opposition something else to think about. 

3 hours ago, murphy said:

I take your point but not every team can acommodate a flair player, let alone two, especially when you are a low possession team like us.  So the question is, what is more effective in a team like ours?  A workhorse like Okazaki or a much more talented player that might drift in and out with no defensive qualities?   I;m not sure we could afford the latter.

I see what you're getting at but we have plenty of workhorses. 

Ndidi, Drinkwater, Albrighton,  Vardy, Okazaki, Mendy  (according to folklore) King, Amartey, James.... All grafters yet the only person who can put his foot on the ball and dictate a game (Mahrez) is more than likely to leave.... Too many Tarzans, not enough Janes.

I'm gonna get killed on here for saying this, but he looks like a slower version of the Riyad* that we have already got.  

Two of them would be insane though - we'd have a spare when the real one runs out of form. 

*I'm aware he spells it Ryad...  

He looks more confident, even when RM was at his peak he didn't seem to believe in himself like this guy.

It only we had a sport psychologist...

4 hours ago, murphy said:

But to what end? I'm tired of patching the squad! I'm tired of not having a ball playing CB, i'm tired of the inability to carry just ONE player so he can play to his strength. I'm tired of players playing because they "can run", i'm tired of drinky leaving too much space in front because he can't push forward, i'm tired of playing okazaki because he fills the space and fix a problem that drinky's inability to be a box to box was responsible for...etc

See what half measures do! It leaves an endless loop of overcompensating, if it takes mahrez leaving to fix those problems, then so be it!

1 minute ago, the fox said:

But to what end? I'm tired of patching the squad! I'm tired of not having a ball playing CB, i'm tired of the inability to carry just ONE player so he can play to his strength. I'm tired of players playing because they "can run", i'm tired of drinky leaving too much space in front because he can't push forward, i'm tired of playing okazaki because he fills the space and fix a problem that drinky's inability to be a box to box was responsible for...etc

I'm no doctor but I think you might have an underactive thyroid. That or MS.

10 hours ago, the fox said:

(Just to clear things out, don't care if we sign him or not, the post wasn't about him but about flair/creative players and the double standard that they are held to)

Hang on... I didn't mention anything about his defensive play, I just suggested that looking at him he, should he sign for us we'd need to do some serious coaching to make him a much more effective player for us. 

I actually like the idea of signing him because he clearly has the raw attributes to be a great player.

But let's face it, if he didn't have some defincicies in his game, we probably wouldn't have a chance of signing him, PSG or Monaco for a start would be picking him up.

Just now, RoyFox said:

Sadly it just shows the names of who you are following first, made that mistake earlier!! 

It shows up like that on mobile, but if you use pc you'll be able to see the most recent first.

I can confirm that Fuchs is about his 70th most recent follow.

5 hours ago, the fox said:

See what half measures do! It leaves an endless loop of overcompensating, if it takes mahrez leaving to fix those problems, then so be it!

These half measures won us the league!

46 minutes ago, murphy said:

These half measures won us the league!

No discrediting their amazing work. Plus, it helps that the team had 3 of the top 5 performers that season.

We can't keep living in the past, they all preformed like heroes, now its time to move forward.

Archived