Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Boudebouz

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Sooo if we got this guy, kept Mahrez, Slim, Ndidi, Amartey, Musa and brought in Iheanacho... will we even have a team next time the ACON comes knocking?

We can't afford to lose Musa and Ndidi again like we did this year when Nigeria were at AFCON17

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

We can't afford to lose Musa and Ndidi again like we did this year when Nigeria were at AFCON17

Joking aside, after their opening group match defeat this month, it's very possible that Nigeria will fail to qualify for the 3rd AFCON in a row.

3 hours ago, the fox said:

Booh-dah-boo-zh :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

As someone who doesn't really follow European football, how do you pronounce his surname?

Boo - Da - Booze ???

Yeah I think you're right matey

5 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Sooo if we got this guy, kept Mahrez, Slim, Ndidi, Amartey, Musa and brought in Iheanacho... will we even have a team next time the ACON comes knocking?

Is he still recording music? Must be lonely now.

15 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I'm gonna get killed on here for saying this, but he looks like a slower version of the Riyad* that we have already got.  

Two of them would be insane though - we'd have a spare when the real one runs out of form. 

*I'm aware he spells it Ryad...  

But who will defend? It's imperative that a player voted in the top 10 Ballon D'or primarily for his attacking talents defends with gusto isn't it?

20 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Much better video than the one previously posted her 

Interesting video for a highlight reel, because the first 9/10 minutes frustrated me massively... yes the guys clearly got talent, but what the video was telling me is this a guy that doesn't know how to use it. 

If you're wondering what I'm on about, watch the video again and look at how many times the play gets slowed down through him, spot the good runs that are made that are ignored at times, or ultimately how it feels he's made the wrong pass. 

He's a raw talent no doubt and given as a club we would demand that he releases the ball earlier there's mutual opportunity from growth here, so I'm not against us pursuing this transfer ... the fact he looks a lot like our current Riyad isn't missed on me either... but it's clear there'd be work we'd have to do with first if we got him.

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

1-Interesting video for a highlight reel, because the first 9/10 minutes frustrated me massively...

2-yes the guys clearly got talent, but what the video was telling me is this a guy that doesn't know how to use it. 

3-If you're wondering what I'm on about, watch the video again and look at how many times the play gets slowed down through him, spot the good runs that are made that are ignored at times, or ultimately how it feels he's made the wrong pass. 

He's a raw talent no doubt and given as a club we would demand that he releases the ball earlier there's mutual opportunity from growth here, so I'm not against us pursuing this transfer ... the fact he looks a lot like our current Riyad isn't missed on me either... but it's clear there'd be work we'd have to do with first if we got him.

1- it must be frustrating watching an actual talented midfield that isn't afraid of the ball instead of a workhorse.

2-he doesn't know how to use his talent? 

Wow, second to messi! That's must be nice!

And here are his playmaking stats against a £70 million player

IMG_20170520_192628.thumb.jpg.ed65c62497ed03c49efc7120eb76d45c.jpg

And leading Europe's top 5 leagues in chances created.

3-nitpicking at its finest, not even the elite players can spot every overlapping player in every action.

It comes down to this, a flair/creative player is never good enough. Its always a combo of: he doesn't defend enough, he doesn't release the ball quick enough, he tries to do too much.

It's no secret that English fans prefer a hard worker, they rarely fault a workhorse for lack of creativity/talent but they can't stop talking about how an ATTACKING player isn't defending enough. That's evident with how mahrez is slated for not defending but simmo gets a free pass for some reason, that will tell a thing or two.

(Just to clear things out, don't care if we sign him or not, the post wasn't about him but about flair/creative players and the double standard that they are held to)

12 minutes ago, the fox said:

1- it must be frustrating watching an actual talented midfield that isn't afraid of the ball instead of a workhorse.

3-nitpicking at its finest, not even the elite players can spot every overlapping player in every action.

It comes down to this, a flair/creative player is never good enough. Its always a combo of: he doesn't defend enough, he doesn't release the ball quick enough, he tries to do too much.

It's no secret that English fans prefer a hard worker, they rarely fault a workhorse for lack of creativity/talent but they can't stop talking about how an ATTACKING player isn't defending enough. That's evident with how mahrez is slated for not defending but simmo gets a free pass for some reason, that will tell a thing or two.

(Just to clear things out, don't care if we sign him or not, the post wasn't about him but about flair/creative players and the double standard that they are held to)

Interesting post.  I have also seen it mirror imaged with Mahrez and Simpson:  Simpson has moaned at Mahrez for not tracking back, but I have seen Mahrez throw his hands up in frustration after breaking on the counter, trying to hold up the ball for as long as he could and then losing it because nobody came up to support him

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Interesting post.  I have also seen it mirror imaged with Mahrez and Simpson:  Simpson has moaned at Mahrez for not tracking back, but I have seen Mahrez throw his hands up in frustration after breaking on the counter, trying to hold up the ball for as long as he could and then losing it because nobody came up to support him

Thing is, a fullback-winger partnership is "give and take". We defend together and we attack together, I can understand both player's frustration but anyone can tell that mahrez is doing more to help simmo on the defensive side.

I'm OK with criticising a player as long as you follow the two golden roles: 1- your criticism must be constructive, so don't just slate a player for the sake of slating him. And 2- don't be a hypocrite. If you are gonna criticise one player's weakness, you must do the same for every other player.

I'm dreaming but imagine having

Vardy

Albrighton        Boudebouz        Mahrez

Silva              Ndidi

Fuchs        Huth        Maguire        Simpson

Schmeichel

Give me that team, or one without Mahrez but with someone equally decent on the wing. Maguire on the right of CD so Ndidi can give him cover as he forces the ball forwards I think would be best for him. Boudebouz hopefully making solid passes that split a defence for Vardy to run onto, or feeding the wingers for a cross into Slimani. Either system would be much better to what we have now with just smashing the ball over the top.

2 hours ago, the fox said:

I take your point but not every team can acommodate a flair player, let alone two, especially when you are a low possession team like us.  So the question is, what is more effective in a team like ours?  A workhorse like Okazaki or a much more talented player that might drift in and out with no defensive qualities?   I;m not sure we could afford the latter.

I take your point but not every team can acommodate a flair player, let alone two, especially when you are a low possession team like us.  So the question is, what is more effective in a team like ours?  A workhorse like Okazaki or a much more talented player that might drift in and out with no defensive qualities?   I;m not sure we could afford the latter.

We need players who can threaten the opposition. We didn't have enough options last season and made it too easy for the other sides to shut us down.

Archived