Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Domsdad

Demarai Gray

17 hours ago, cc_star said:

I expect all players to close a man down, but Mahrez's ball recovery has been overlooked by many - he does it far more often than given credit for. The modern game is to defend as a team, attack as a team with one or two exceptions, I think Mahrez should be one of those exceptions

I'd have loved to have seen him move into the middle behind the front two, he was sensational Vs Atletico there but was then moved out to the wing by the next game

As far as Gray is concerned, he just needs to get better at his craft, imo he makes poor decisions which needs experience... I don't know if he'll make it, he's certainly got some talent but going by the press his attitude seems off for me

I dont agree with this "attitude"  stance. Hes no Berahino, Riyads body lanuage when at best is lackadaisical.

His or agents words, are what they are, and he hasnt been mardy or petulant towards the club...

The rest of the post agree I cant agree more with....for me spot on..

Seems others want to see Both Riyhad and Demarei, playing CB, Dm, and FB  60-90%  of the time

He showed the exact same temperament in the title winning season and none of you cared then. Same this thread is full of idiots who want us to be a hardworking, boring football team. **** off to support West Brom if that's what you want.

I want us to continue playing our brand of fast counter attacking football which, when done correctly, is an absolute pleasure to behold.

Mahrez is a luxury player, as is Gray. I can't get my head around why people want him to go yet want Gray (who has done the square root of **** all) to take his place. Makes zero sense.

Gray will likely never be the player Mahrez currently is.

If it were up to me I'd pay through the nose to keep Riyad, add a couple of additions that will mean teams can't afford to triple mark him and then profit from his brilliance again.

50 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He showed the exact same temperament in the title winning season and none of you cared then. Same this thread is full of idiots who want us to be a hardworking, boring football team. **** off to support West Brom if that's what you want.

I want us to continue playing our brand of fast counter attacking football which, when done correctly, is an absolute pleasure to behold.

Mahrez is a luxury player, as is Gray. I can't get my head around why people want him to go yet want Gray (who has done the square root of **** all) to take his place. Makes zero sense.

If it were up to me I'd pay through the nose to keep Riyad, add a couple of additions that will mean teams can't afford to triple mark him and then profit from his brilliance again.

the diff is at least Gray has more hunger on the pitch than mahrez..

even in the off season mahrez is sounding like a prima donna.  let's hope arsene outlays 35-40 big ones for him

1 hour ago, erlee said:

even in the off season mahrez is sounding like a prima donna.  let's hope arsene outlays 35-40 big ones for him

I've never seen that.

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Lets just start grey and see if mahrez will fight for his place

No coach in his right mind would start Gray over Mahrez. Shakey is not an idiot, as well as Ranieri wasn't either. If Mahrez starts, it's for a good reason.

53 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

No coach in his right mind would start Gray over Mahrez. Shakey is not an idiot, as well as Ranieri wasn't either. If Mahrez starts, it's for a good reason.

This is true if mahrez is on form... many coaches might start an off form mahrez with their fingets crossed. 

But after watching 20 odd home games i believe that mahrez needs some 1 to 1 help especually with his decision making  (eg review videos of his receipt of the ball.. freeze it..review his options and then see what he actually did) this takes time.  He needs to mix it up to keep defenders guessing. . Pass..cross..  dribble. .  shoot. He also needs to work on his back tracking and on his confidence.  This is different from doing drills with the team.  By doing these things he will regain his elite status.

But right now he is not producing an end product .... i believe he can... but does he and will he graft for it?  I want to see him fight for his place. .for his lcfc shirt

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:40, AKCJ said:

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 12:33, erlee said:

You are pretty much backing up @AKCJ's argument with that one statement.

I think people genuinely need their head testing when they think that Gray and Mahrez are even remotely in the same league currently. Even after a pretty average season by Mahrez, I'd still say he's head and shoulders above Gray.

I am resigned to losing Mahrez and I am happy to let Gray loose and see where he goes from there but to expect the same results from Gray as Mahrez has provided for 3 seasons is baffling. One things for certain and that's Gray won't have 3 men marking him, like Mahrez did for most of last season.

I really don't feel that Demari has done much wrong here. He answered the questions quite honestly and never slagged the England or Leicester manager. He stated that he would like more playing time and that he wants to prove himself. Good Stuff !!

He talks about young English players getting the opportunity to play and I think the majority of us agree with that.

Just why LCFC fans are talking shit about him is beyond me....We need to encourage his desire. Shakey will decide if he has earned playing time & will not be influenced by press conferences 

On 30/06/2017 at 03:14, foxinsocks said:

This is true if mahrez is on form... many coaches might start an off form mahrez with their fingets crossed. 

But after watching 20 odd home games i believe that mahrez needs some 1 to 1 help especually with his decision making  (eg review videos of his receipt of the ball.. freeze it..review his options and then see what he actually did) this takes time.  He needs to mix it up to keep defenders guessing. . Pass..cross..  dribble. .  shoot. He also needs to work on his back tracking and on his confidence.  This is different from doing drills with the team.  By doing these things he will regain his elite status.

But right now he is not producing an end product .... i believe he can... but does he and will he graft for it?  I want to see him fight for his place. .for his lcfc shirt

Interesting you say that about Mahez, when I would say that's Grays single biggest weakness. Grays decision making is appalling.

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting you say that about Mahez, when I would say that's Grays single biggest weakness. Grays decision making is appalling.

I agree that grey has things to work on. I hope he has the 1 to 1 coaching to maximise his opportunity too.  I think he is determined to improve.

But just coz grey has issues to work on doesnt let mahrez off.

With mahrez i am not sure he believes he must put such effort in.  I wonder if he believes he is the finished article.  If he stays with us will he graft to win his starting position? 

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:40, AKCJ said:

Finally someone else says this. Mahrez has been gash this year because he's so heavily marked. Free him up with more creative spark elsewhere and he'll score and assist for fun. Looks like he's off but I'll be gutted if we don't do everything we can to keep him.

On 29/06/2017 at 12:33, erlee said:

To favourably compare Gray with Mahrez is laughable.       

Archived