Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Gray taking a dig at Claudio and Shakey?

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

Nah, not fair. The games I've been to he's come on for the last 10 minutes. 

I think he's good - bit raw and a bit greedy, but would be happy to see him have a run of games rather than ten/twenty minutes here and there

He came on against Bournemouth for the last 25 minuets and must have touched the ball 5 times. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He came on against Bournemouth for the last 25 minuets and must have touched the ball 5 times

Not saying he's a world beater - just that he probably deserves a chance of a decent run of games.

Also, Bournemouth...last game of the season...dead rubber...behind after 30 seconds...weird atmosphere game...Don't think anyone particularly shone, did they?! 

4 minutes ago, Milo said:

Not saying he's a world beater - just that he probably deserves a chance of a decent run of games.

Also, Bournemouth...last game of the season...dead rubber...behind after 30 seconds...weird atmosphere game...Don't think anyone particularly shone, did they?! 

Shouldn't be s dead rubber for gray. He's fighting for his place for next season. 

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Shouldn't be s dead rubber for gray. He's fighting for his place for next season. 

Nah...lets agree to disagree.

None of the other youngsters are particularly pushing for a start, apart from maybe Chilwell. So lets be happy that we have a decent young player who wants to play and has the potential to cause a little bit of excitement when he gets the ball. He's no Messi but neither is he a Jeff.  

He is still learning that it is a team game and not just about him. 

He probably thinks he is better than say Albrighton, but in reality he currently brings very little to the party, unless playing against sub standard teams like Derby. 

He should be a good player and have an excellent career, but needs to continue to let his feet do the talking. One or two good games every few months, best to STFU. 

Anyway, having said this he deserves to start in the semi final, playing with Chilwell obviously benefits his game. Good luck to him.

The best games I have seen him in is when he has come on as a sub.  At times he looks like a world beater and it is genuinely exciting to see him play.  When he starts though, I see him go missing for large parts of the game and consistently display poor decision making.

He is a young guy, a real talent and should have a wonderful career - hopefully with us.  But is he good enough to start 38 Premier League games in a season? Not from what I have seen.  Therefore, he is going to have to bide his time.

It is also important that the fans are patient with him.  He will make mistakes and cause frustration at times but great players get better with experience and I can't quite put my finger on the reason why, but I just think Demi is a bit of a slow learner.  He will get there in the end I'm sure, but the Premier League is a brutal league to learn your trade.  I expect another tough season for him this year but with Mahrez leaving (or so we think) he should get much more game time.  I can envisage Chilwell and Gray being our regular left hand side by the end of the season but Chilwell will get more starts than Demi, whether it be infront of Fuchs, or behind Gray.

Forget the fans on this Forum...Go for it Demarei Gray. You are young You have Talent, potential and the right to want (not demand)  more.

Too many comparing you with Mahrez, or Albrighton...totally wrong.You are your own player.

I understand your not calling for immediate 1st team football, but you want now to turn bench time into game time.....

Some mardy, jealous gits on here, your are a profi, you want and have said you will bide your time..goodluck to you....cant wait to follow your career...

The boy needs a run of games and he will learn to play less selfishly. Ronaldo (and I am not saying anything about there abilities being comparable) in his early days at Utd was similarly selfish. 

He needs to feel confident that he hasn't got to beat three players or score a worldy or he will be dropped and then i think we will then see the best of him start to come through. 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Gonna open a can of Algerian worms here but it has been said and it has to be said.

Given how poor Mahrez has been I can quite understand Gray's frustations, sat on the bench whilst Mahrez can seemingly do no wrong, get selected no matter how poor he played.

I say blame it on slimani while you at it!

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

I say blame it on slimani while you at it!

Why would I do that? :dunno:

He's either been injured or quite rightly a bench player anyway.

Or are you trying to suggest something else?

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why would I do that? :dunno:

He's either been injured or quite rightly a bench player anyway.

Or are you trying to suggest something else?

Ain't suggesting anything:thumbup: . just said it jokingly because some in here blamed him for his fee and injuries. 

I don't think he took his chances last season (not many players did - we were shit a lot), but I just feel like it will just click for him. He knows he has to work hard and hopefully he gets some time to prove himself properly. Not 2 minutes off the bench vs Arsenal for example.

Gray tried to be the "mahrez" of the team (they guy who has the freedom to try different things) while mahrez is still here. You have a job that you need to do and you should just keep your head down and do the best you can to be a team player instead of blasting the ball to the stands.

I think the frustration comes from him thinking that him and riyad or on equal footing. Riyad has gained the benefit of the doubt and has a big margin of error because of the 2015-2016 season (especially in the second half when he slowed down but still managed to pull the winning goal inmatchs like palace and Watford away)

He needs to understand one thing, a goal would do good for your confidence. But a good run for a teammate or an assist would do wonders for the team chemistry and manager trust. Just show that you can put the team's interest as priority and the playing time will come organically!

If it was up to me, I would get another young player with more flexibility to invest time and build around. There are a lot of young players out there that would be more than happy to wait for their turn the right way and have that spark, the ability to change a game

For what I can tell, gray thinks he is better than he actually is. It's not the management fault that you are blasting it from 35 yards every time you get a decent chance. For me, the Sunderland game said it all. Gray started and Marc sat on the bench without saying anything, and after gray did nothing, albrighton just came in, got two assists and the MOTM. Its was like a man teaching a boy how its done the proper way, the "that's how it's done, rook!". Needles to say, I gained a lot of respect for albrighton the professional, a proper football player.

9 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Well he was better than Mahrez last season so yeh he should start.

You really have got to be joking. Mahrez wasn't anywhere near his best but his contribution was still considerable. Times I've seen Gray come off the bench and disappoint.

I've been heartened by his performance against Poland U21 but it's a hot-spot in an icebox and he'll need to make a far stronger case to get a starting place at Leicester espcially if we go for the kind of fast, strong, in-your-face and  effective winger I think we need.

Rarely have I seen so many posts relating to a lad who's, all-but occasionally, been a disappointment.  

I'm not against him - I want him to show his promise is little more than illusion. But all this canvassing for a place in the team by himself and his supporters is like a political campaign and it's not the sort of thing that will go down well, either with the team or the management. 

The lad needs to get his head down,  improve his weaknesses, give his best efforts in every situation and trust that opportunities will arise as and when he justifies them.

Chilwell's had exactly the same problems trying to break through but has said nothing, re-emerged better and stronger and genuinely put himself in the frame for a first team place. Gray needs to learn from that.               

4 minutes ago, Thracian said:

You really have got to be joking. Mahrez wasn't anywhere near his best but his contribution was still considerable. Times I've seen Gray come off the bench and disappoint.

I've been heartened by his performance against Poland U21 but it's a hot-spot in an icebox and he'll need to make a far stronger case to get a starting place at Leicester espcially if we go for the kind of fast, strong, in-your-face and  effective winger I think we need.

Rarely have I seen so many posts relating to a lad who's, all-but occasionally, been a disappointment.  

I'm not against him - I want him to show his promise is little more than illusion. But all this canvassing for a place in the team by himself and his supporters is like a political campaign and it's not the sort of thing that will go down well, either with the team or the management. 

The lad needs to get his head down,  improve his weaknesses, give his best efforts in every situation and trust that opportunities will arise as and when he justifies them.

Chilwell's had exactly the same problems trying to break through but has said nothing, re-emerged better and stronger and genuinely put himself in the frame for a first team place. Gray needs to learn from that.               

Excellent post Thrac

All the reasons why I believe Chilwell will be a top player.....listening, learning, working hard, great attitude and keeping his mouth shut. Gray promises a lot but the traits needed to be a top player go far deeper than pure ability - like you I want him to be a success but it's ridiculous to suggest he was better than Riyad and that he had no opportunities as he had plenty.

Big preseason for the lad and let's hope he proves a point on the pitch!!

Talking about chilwell, I got a lot more tolerance for Ben than I have for gray. I can't fault a guy who is just trying to go by it. You gain the love and respect of fans if they think that you are a humble hard worker. Every time chilwell doesn't preform I say, "next time he will play better" but gray (because of how he handled the situation) rubbed many the wrong way so people won't be that tolerant to bad performances.

Jesus Christ, literally nothing he said in that article is controversial or "selfish/mardy/whatever else people want to say at all".  In fact, I quite like the things he says in there.  People are looking for something in nothing, they have a firmly held view of him based, I think, on what his face looks like and their own views of the world and then confirmation bias kicks in and everything they see or hear of him feeds into that already held view.  Cannae remember us having too many young exciting players playing (and scoring) for the U21s and here were have one and he gets slagged.

He will play more this season that last and next season more again.  Good luck Demarai (you might need it). X

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Gray tried to be the "mahrez" of the team (they guy who has the freedom to try different things) while mahrez is still here. You have a job that you need to do and you should just keep your head down and do the best you can to be a team player instead of blasting the ball to the stands.

I think the frustration comes from him thinking that him and riyad or on equal footing. Riyad has gained the benefit of the doubt and has a big margin of error because of the 2015-2016 season (especially in the second half when he slowed down but still managed to pull the winning goal inmatchs like palace and Watford away)

He needs to understand one thing, a goal would do good for your confidence. But a good run for a teammate or an assist would do wonders for the team chemistry and manager trust. Just show that you can put the team's interest as priority and the playing time will come organically!

If it was up to me, I would get another young player with more flexibility to invest time and build around. There are a lot of young players out there that would be more than happy to wait for their turn the right way and have that spark, the ability to change a game

For what I can tell, gray thinks he is better than he actually is. It's not the management fault that you are blasting it from 35 yards every time you get a decent chance. For me, the Sunderland game said it all. Gray started and Marc sat on the bench without saying anything, and after gray did nothing, albrighton just came in, got two assists and the MOTM. Its was like a man teaching a boy how its done the proper way, the "that's how it's done, rook!". Needles to say, I gained a lot of respect for albrighton the professional, a proper football player.

Albrighton's a great example. Starting or sat on the bench you know he's 100% with the team and even if he has an indifferent game, he's seen to be indifferent and still gets involved to the full.

His head doesn't drop and if he gets taken off he doesn't sulk or complain but gives his best the next time out.

Chilwell's been the same at a different stage of his career. He knows when he's made mistakes as much as us spectators, but no matter what's happened, he stays involved and supporting his team-mates.

Times I've seen Gray come on and look busy for 25 minutes but then fade out to the point you hardly know he's there either because something's gone wrong, because he's having a hard time against a decent opponent or out of frustration for one reason or another or perhaps even because he's lost some strength or explosive power.

These are the mental and physical situations he has to overcome just the same as the disappointments every player suffers at some time or for some reason.

Tough opponent for instance? Stay wide, draw your "tough opponent" away from his colleagues and pass the ball quickly into any space he might leave.

Keep doing that accurately and at least it might make something happen for others and perhaps put enough hesitation in the opponents mind to make an important bit of space for yourself.

Afterwards, try to understand why you found it hard to personally get the better of your opponent and ask yourself what might be done about it. With both responses you'll have been positive, made something of the situation and come away with a determination to improve further.

It's no use getting down and no use quitting because, if you do, those characteristics will remain a weakness wherever you go. And every player faces those situations.            

Archived