Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unclenobhead

Mendy, Hit or miss?

3 hours ago, murphy said:

A bit uncalled for Mr Goober if I might say so.  So you're happy with a player that is "determined" to jump ship after failing to make the slightest impression here are you?   I'm not bitter and certainly not miserable about it, in fact I couldn't really give a flying one about him, he is hardly a fan favourite, but that is loser talk as far as I'm concerned and a pretty poor attitude.  

He will not be missed.  

Just think it's poor getting on at the guy after he's been injured all year. Wants to go home, play somewhere where he's needed etc. Doesn't deserve any derision if he does go. 

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

The post said he was a rubbish signing, not that he was rubbish. It has to be said that in all the minutes he did play, and granted their weren't that many, he looked distinctly average at best. Not even King standard. All the pre season friendlies he played in as well Middlesbrough away, Southampton away. Nothing, no influence whatsoever. No key passes, no key tackles. No pace, nothing to even suggest he's anything other than a squad player. Because of that, on top of his injuries after injuries, I'd say cut our losses and get rid. Going forward, lets try and buy players that are going to enhance our skill base rather than those who we have to kid ourselves have some hidden ability. 

26 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

On what metric could you consider Mendy anything other than a rubbish signing?

He did not improve the team. Injury prone. Looks to be going, most likely for a big loss

Wow, all of this based on the equivalent of three games, where the whole team was crap. I do envy your ability to evaluate a player that quick. 

P.S: Injury prone?Just because he was unlucky to get a nasty ankle injury, which could happen to ANY player? Yeah right.

I know the likes of Babylon would say keep Mendy, just in case he had a decent game in the year 2020 :P but I think if he's saying he wants to go back to France, we take a loss and just get rid of a player who has been a pretty terrible signing with the injuries he's had.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I know the likes of Babylon would say keep Mendy, just in case he had a decent game in the year 2020, but I think if he's saying he wants to go back to France, we take a loss and just get rid of a player who has been a pretty terrible signing with the injuries he's had.

I'm not too sure how saleable he is at the moment. He states in his last interview that he is still not 100%. Not too sure which club would want to take the risk. 

11 hours ago, Goober said:

Just think it's poor getting on at the guy after he's been injured all year. Wants to go home, play somewhere where he's needed etc. Doesn't deserve any derision if he does go. 

Well I'm a Leicester fan not a Mendy fan.  

We will be about 17 million down on this guy including wages, about 62 grand per minute of non-descript football.  He needs to start showing some desire and some return on that investment.  Shocking that he wants to do a runner just because the season did not go well for him instead of trying to prove himself.  

That said, if we can recoup anywhere near our investment I'd be delighted to let him go, although I doubt it.  It's just his weak willed attitude that I object to and most of all his distinct lack of respect for the club.  

10 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Wow, all of this based on the equivalent of three games, where the whole team was crap. I do envy your ability to evaluate a player that quick. 

P.S: Injury prone?Just because he was unlucky to get a nasty ankle injury, which could happen to ANY player? Yeah right.

I have evaluated the success of the signing rather than the player.  Based on every metric so far, he has been a rubbish signing and now wants out to return to France.  Do you really consider the signing of Mendy to have been a success? 

would argue that people are forgetting the fa cup game vs Everton, where for me he stood out more than ndidi and drinky. Especially the 1st half.

reg his Bordeuax comments - it could well have been misintepreted by the media or exaggerated. he was the ex captain of Nice, i can see him behaving more professionally than those comments suggest.

For me - give him pre season to assess properly

11 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

More like 5-6 games including the friendlies where some others played well. Doesn't change the fact that as a signing it hasn't worked for whatever reason. That means being described as a rubbish signing is more accurate than saying he's a good signing. I haven't seen anything, even in the YouTube footage put together before his signing that suggests he's anything other than mainly a play it the way you're facing midfielder with the occasional quarterback pass and we could sign endless types like that, much cheaper. Why we'd want to though I don't know. 

• 4 weeks later...

Based on the fact that the games he did play, all the players were not great

We really don't know if he has the potential to be as good as the player he was brought in to replace.

I've said it before and I'll say it again................ All last summers signings have a clean slate to start off with.

But if Shakespeare doesn't want him or he is unhappy then let the guy go........ with our best wishes    :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Watch Mendy get fit again and end up being our first choice alongside Ndidi. 

If he gets fit and is good enough to keep the others out of the starting 11, I'm sure we'll all be happy.  It would mean we're not doing a lot wrong.  Happy days.

Simply for me - you cost millions - you get paid a fortune - if you can't turn up and hack it in the Premier League every time your team needs you - you failed - the people who found you failed - it happens - bye bye

43 minutes ago, steveb said:

Simply for me - you cost millions - you get paid a fortune - if you can't turn up and hack it in the Premier League every time your team needs you - you failed - the people who found you failed - it happens - bye bye

All the money in the world won't fix your ankle when it breaks any more quickly. Shit happens when you use your body.

Archived