Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unclenobhead

Mendy, Hit or miss?

1 hour ago, steveb said:

Simply for me - you cost millions - you get paid a fortune - if you can't turn up and hack it in the Premier League every time your team needs you - you failed - the people who found you failed - it happens - bye bye

Yeah, fvck the bastard eh!?!?  Fvcking failure.  Getting injured.  Failing little cvnt.  It's like all those people in hospitals all over the world, absolute Grade A failures!

The signing has not been a success (so far) but to label him a failure is a little harsh.  I am not saying keep or not keep, we will have to see, but getting injured is not a failure.  Have you ever called in sick for work?  Did your boss say "bye bye failure"?  I know, I know, I always bite.  I am a small man with low self esteem and a tiny, tiny penis, this forum is the only thing in my life worth a damn bean.  Thinking of ending it all actually.  X

in the real world yes - harsh beyond words - but this is football - 10 years of fantastically paid glory - beyond the dreams of normal folk - this is one of the risks - you move or get injured - someone else gets the chance -you're gone

I watched Mendy in quite a few games in ligue 1 and he was a very good footballer. He was injured too quickly at Leicester for us to see anything and then mysteriously the medical team messed up his recovery.

I think he'd be a great little player for us but everything that I've read seems to tell me that the recovery problems have soured him on English football and he'd like to go home. Living near Bordeaux I read many times that the Girondins wanted him on loan (but can't afford to buy him). I believe they still want him but nothing is happening on this end at the moment.

Would love him to stay and play but don't see it happening. hope he's loaned to Bordeaux for the season. he refinds his form and love of the game and then we will be able to get a good fee for him next year.

12 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Had great hopes for him but he seems to be a lost cause sadly. 

Last summers signings look like they'll go down as one of our low points I'm afraid. 

Tbf Mendy got injured early in the season and not seem much of him since. I say give him a chance 

6 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Tbf Mendy got injured early in the season and not seem much of him since. I say give him a chance 

If drinkwater goes he'll get his chance when fit. 

Id hope he succeeds here and he has been very unlucky but it's not looking good. 

13 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Last summers signings look like they'll go down as one of our low points I'm afraid. 

Low points? Not been following us long have you? A few signings with injuries and not living up to expectations doesn't even come close to some of the real low points we've had.

20 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Low points? Not been following us long have you? A few signings with injuries and not living up to expectations doesn't even come close to some of the real low points we've had.

Disagree with this.  

For the one and only time we were in a position of strength PL champions with champions league football to come.  We really had a great opportunity to build on our success.  Somehow we ended up 70mn poorer without even strengthening the team one jot.

The fact that we ended up with Mendy, Musa and Slim at the end of that window was rank incompetence.  It was an ocean-going, copper bottomed calamity.  Twatossity of the highest order and we are still trying to recover from it.

In my 40 years supporting this club, this was the most monumental and avoidable  fck up I have known.  More so than Peter Taylor and Holloway.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Disagree with this.  

For the one and only time we were in a position of strength PL champions with champions league football to come.  We really had a great opportunity to build on our success.  Somehow we ended up 70mn poorer without even strengthening the team one jot.

The fact that we ended up with Mendy, Musa and Slim at the end of that window was rank incompetence.  It was an ocean-going, copper bottomed calamity.  Twatossity of the highest order and we are still trying to recover from it.

In my 40 years supporting this club, this was the most monumental and avoidable  fck up I have known.  More so than Peter Taylor and Holloway.

More than Peter Taylor?? Come on mate, you can not be serious? Taylor took a team who had finished top 10 for four seasons in row, a team who were ready to start challenging for top 6 places, dismantled the core, spent 

25odd million (easily the equivalent of 70 odd these days) and got us relegated to a point where we didn't recover for 10 years..

Last season Slimanis goals helped us to the Champions League QF.

We had a clear plan to prioritise Europe over the PL and still finished mid table.

I stared watching City seriously in the season Tony James saved us, there have been multiple low points last season doesn't even get in the bottom 10.

Beaglehole said during his interview "we wanted to get an hour out of him, but he was whacked at half time and wanted to come off and we had to make a substitution" struck me that he wasn't very impressed that Mendy wanted to come off....maybe I'm reading him wrong...or not :mellow:

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

More than Peter Taylor?? Come on mate, you can not be serious? Taylor took a team who had finished top 10 for four seasons in row, a team who were ready to start challenging for top 6 places, dismantled the core, spent 

25odd million (easily the equivalent of 70 odd these days) and got us relegated to a point where we didn't recover for 10 years..

Last season Slimanis goals helped us to the Champions League QF.

We had a clear plan to prioritise Europe over the PL and still finished mid table.

I stared watching City seriously in the season Tony James saved us, there have been multiple low points last season doesn't even get in the bottom 10.

I know, PT was a disaster area and ranks as our all time worst manager IMO but as a Leicester fan, we take promotion and relegation as par for the course.  It's what we do.

Last year was our one chance to build on the championship success.  We will never be in that position again and we absolutely needed to get it right.  We fouled it up royally to the point of incompetence and killed our momentum stone dead.  That's why it was so important as we had a chance to actually move our club to the next level.

It was definitely a low point but from a higher starting position.

On 19/08/2017 at 00:25, Aus Fox said:

I think it's a fair point, last season was a real opportunity for the club to take it's status and try and put together a squad capable of not only troubling the top 6 but also chasing silverware.

Instead we dismantled more of the important backroom staff, gave players stupid contracts and basically weakened the squad.

I'll give you that it should be more classed as a monumental **** up rather than a low point though haha. I do think it'll be looked on as a key moment in our history in a decade or so though.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think it's a fair point, last season was a real opportunity for the club to take it's status and try and put together a squad capable of not only troubling the top 6 but also chasing silverware.

Instead we dismantled more of the important backroom staff, gave players stupid contracts and basically weakened the squad.

I'll give you that it should be more classed as a monumental **** up rather than a low point though haha. I do think it'll be looked on as a key moment in our history in a decade or so though.

How dare we reward the players who won the league by 10 points with new contracts to keep them at the club.

Archived