Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unclenobhead

Mendy, Hit or miss?

Just wondering what everyone thought we can expect from him this season?

Having only made 4 appearance over the entire season I've not got a clue which way he is going to go. 

If if he is fit after a full pre season he could be like an extra signing, albeit a year late. 

I'm of the opinion he will come good and by Christmas be regarded as a key player but Id be interested to hear what everyone else thinks . 

272 minutes he played. The equivalent of three whole matches, in a new league with dubious fitness levels for an out of favour manager. Absolutely NFI. I hope he plays in the friendlies so we can have a better look.

How the hell can anyone give you an informed answer? We saw him not fullly match fit for 45 mins against Arsenal and then a couple of games where he was in discomfort (and therefore unlikely to be playing to his standard)

whether we get a chance to give you an informed answer remains up in the air. 

We were tracking him for some time and our recruitment team has proved to be one of the best around so got to say IMHO we have really not seen him much at all to make a decision and we would have seen more of him while scouting him than he played all last season so think he deserves a chance of course with the nature of football you do not always get a second chance.

Can see him going to Nantes to link up with Ranieri again. Possibly on loan as I doubt they'd pay anything like the money we want.

I don't think he's a poor player I just don't think he's suited to the way we play at all. He spent his time at Nice playing at the back of a midfield trio - did he ever do that once here? He was never ever a Kante replacement and that was the mistake many made with him. All along I thought he was Inler's replacement, the fact he's French and looks a bit like Kante was a coincidence.

It's hard to know with him really. He was clearly a Ranieri signing and he must have seen something in him. The injury and long time out won't have done him any favors. But I'm sure the Club would have kept him working on his conditioning and fitness.

My guess is he'll play in 1 or 2 early PS games and a judgement will be made quickly. If he measures up he'll stay if not he'll be shipped off quickly probably back to France and cut our losses.

There's no way we can judge him yet.

We may as well give him another season (same with Slimani) and the best chance to show us what he can do, considering the significant outlay on him.

Either he's good > keep

Bad > sell, for probably what we would get for him now.  

3 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Utterly pointless signing ... no pace , not a breaker up of play, not an attacking midfielder.... just can spray

the occasional long range pass.

Can't see where he fits in and be very surprised if he's still here come 1 September

Off 270 minutes?!? 

Just my opinion I've also had a good look at clips of him playing in France.

Anyway I remember going to the match when O'Neill was booed , particularly

when he brought on this skinny little kid who looked completely out of his depth.

His name was Muzzy Izzet .... so you never know.

How people here got such a definitive opinion about a player who was injured and played for a team in free fall is beyond me. There is nothing, I repeat nothing, that can prove that he's a flop or a good signing. The guy almost never played. 

15 hours ago, Foxxed said:

272 minutes he played. The equivalent of three whole matches, in a new league with dubious fitness levels for an out of favour manager. Absolutely NFI. I hope he plays in the friendlies so we can have a better look.

I hope he gets given a chance in fairness 

we write off players too easily and he has hardly been given a chance re injury etc

Archived