Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

We're the famous Leicester City and.........

Met a few people around the clock tower, and town square, in Leicester.

Many didnt even know wher Leicester was, or what they had done....:blink:

Doing converlescence in Germany...Blackforest..

Wearing my Leicester Champions polo shirt, suddenly everybody know of Leicester city,

all other patients between 55-80. Then the weekend came so some of their grankids or own kids 30-40+  also wanted to talk about Leicester...not one got the name wrong!!!!

Even an 80 yr old woman, whos man was in another Reha center, came to me saying her husband...football fanatic, had the city flag, and an old shirt from the 90s.....

Winklies..unite  !!!!

i was in Tenerife early Sept the year we won it, A Southampton fan said to me looks like you will do well this year haha

Following year i was in Florida where i was stopped a few times by people just wanting to talk about leicester.

My fave tho was in the little island of Sal Cape Verde. Not just the locals knowing about Leicester but the West ham fan sat at the pool with his Vardy book did it for me :)

Was cutting my lawn (canada-greater toronto area) with my lcfc top on and a local walked by congratulating me. Having said that he was from england as well lol

Also the place i bought my eye glasses from had a chelsea supporter who had recently moved to canada working there. Strutted in with my top on and at the time we hadnt won but he was saying how insane it was. I made sure to stop in after we won. Wish i had a full  kit because i wanted to be that w@nker  lol.  I havent gone back to see him yet though lol

And worst of all, have a true canadian "soccer" fan who "supports" chelsea at my work. He sits a few floors down but caught wind via a company newsletter that i was a massive Leicester fan. Comes upstairs 3 months ago looking all smug and given it the big because chelsea were on top then. Just slung some championays and champions of england chants at him (couldnt get too loud) and told him to piss off. Hasnt come back yet to gloat for this past season, might have scared him off.

7 minutes ago, brucey said:

He was there about 24 hrs ago, you might be a bit late :ph34r:

Ya lol. I dont have instagram otherwise id tell him meetup for some pints cuz u know he wants to hang out with me...righhttt lol.

3 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

It's old stock.....16/17 shirt not the new 17/18 abomination...??

You'd never find a lcfc top of any kind sitting on any rack of any sports shop in canada before we won the league.  Safe to bet that is anywhere outside of Leicester  haha

On 6/26/2017 at 16:44, Ted Maul said:

I was in Venice around October in the title-winning season, and (after a few beers/wines) jokingly asked a street vendor selling knock-off football shirts whether he had a Vardy one. He looked at me as though I had just tried to explain quantum physics to him.

Fast forward to June, and sure enough, there was Vardy amongst the Messis and Ronaldos in France for the Euros.

I would love to hear you explain quantum physics lol

Still no signs of any Leicester city shirts, mugs, badges or scarves anywhere in Norwich, Great Yarmouth, etc. although when I was wearing my 2016/17 top a couple of weeks ago I was offered a high 6 by a guy wearing an Ipswich shirt... lol

56 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Still no signs of any Leicester city shirts, mugs, badges or scarves anywhere in Norwich, Great Yarmouth, etc. although when I was wearing my 2016/17 top a couple of weeks ago I was offered a high 6 by a guy wearing an Ipswich shirt... lol

My mate was selling a canvas print of the trophy presentation in Yarmouth. Had it on the wall a few weeks ago still. I know he's printed it a few times.

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

My mate was selling a canvas print of the trophy presentation in Yarmouth. Had it on the wall a few weeks ago still. I know he's printed it a few times.

Is that the guy on Regent Road/Street, opposite the Barbecued Regent Bowl?

I was in Bangkok 2013 before we were massive and I jumped in a Tuk Tuk, 

Driver asked where I was from so I said "Leicester pal" he said "oh Vardy yeah?"

I said "bang on bro, now take me to soi cowboy to look at the brass"

??

3 hours ago, ruletheworld said:

I will tell you Bangkok is cool when you are in Thailand next time visit Phuket so much more even fun there.

Yeah I went there, weren't too impressed tbh very westernised and a lot more expensive than everywhere else I thought. Preferred phi phi 

On 6/26/2017 at 13:19, boots60 said:

I had a fortnight in Pyongyang last summer & no fecker had heard of us!!

Not surprising. I’ve heard that state television announced that Pyongyang FC won the English Premier League in 2015/16.

Archived