Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

Squad

Let's have a look at the current First Team squad:

Goalkeeper

Schmiechel - Zieler - Hamer

Defender

Huth - Morgan - Benalouane - Fuchs - Chilwell - Maguire - Simpson

Midfielder

Drinkwater - Ndidi - Amartey - Gray - Mahrez - Mendy - Albrighton - King - Kapustka - James - Lawrence

Forward

Vardy - Slimani - Musa - Ulloa - Okazaki

Now let's add some of our promising youngsters:

Goalkeeper

Schmiechel - Zieler - Hamer - Nielsen

Defender

Huth - Morgan - Benalouane - Fuchs - Chilwell - Maguire - Simpson - Moore - Elder

Midfielder

Drinkwater - Ndidi - Amartey - Gray - Mahrez - Mendy - Albrighton - King - Kapustka - James - Lawrence - Barnes - Choudhury

Forward

Vardy - Slimani - Musa - Ulloa - Okazaki - Muskwe - Ndukwu - Gordon

Let's take out players which are likely to leave:

Goalkeeper

Schmiechel - Zieler - Hamer - Nielsen

Defender

Huth - Morgan - Benalouane - Fuchs - Chilwell - Maguire - Simpson - Moore - Elder

Midfielder

Drinkwater - Ndidi - Amartey - Gray - Mahrez - Mendy - Albrighton - King - Kapustka - James - Lawrence - Barnes - Choudhury

Forward

Vardy - Slimani - Musa - Ulloa - Okazaki - Muskwe - Ndukwu - Gordon

So this is how our squad will likely look without additions. Where do we need to strengthen?

Goalkeeper

Schmiechel - Hamer - Nielsen

Defender

Huth - Morgan - Benalouane - Fuchs - Chilwell - Maguire - Simpson - Moore - Elder

Midfielder

Drinkwater - Ndidi - Amartey - Gray - Albrighton - King - James - Lawrence - Barnes - Choudhury

Forward

Vardy - Slimani - Okazaki - Muskwe - Ndukwu - Gordon

Looking at that final team. A RB, GK (Hull guy?), 2 wingers, a CM/CAM. This is if we stick with 442/4411.

After Ndidi our CM options go downhill quite rapidly. Simpson has needed competition for ages - I don't class CBs that CAN play there as a last resort as competition. 

Loan out Muskwe, Gordon, Amartey, Choudhury and maybe Moore. I heard Elder is quite poo. 

If Mahrez goes we'll desperately need to replace him. We struggled to create chances enough last season.

We'd also need a new striker, would like to sign a young lad like Iheanacho that doesn't necessarily need to play every week.

None of those youngsters will be anywhere near the squad.

I'm not sure why people ever expect them to, we've never operated that way and they clearly aren't good enough.

Barnes has potential but will almost certainly be on loan in the championship.

Lawrence may be in and around the squad if we struggle to replace Mahrez but is more likely to be sold for 5-6m ish which will represent reasonable profit.

We need a decent back up keeper, we need a right back to compete with Simpson, we need someone in central midfield if Drinkwater loses form! up front we need someone who can bang in the goals if Slimani can't do it!

1 hour ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Goalkeeper

Schmiechel - Hamer - Jakupovic

Defender

Huth - Morgan - Benalouane - Fuchs - Chilwell - Maguire - Simpson - Moore - Elder - Smalling - RIGHT BACK

Midfielder

Drinkwater - Ndidi - Amartey - Gray - James - Lawrence - Albrighton - King - Barnes - Choudhury - Silva

Forward

Vardy - Slimani - Okazaki - Muskwe - Ndukwu - Gordon - ItchyNacho

With those 5 signings we'd be in a much much stronger position

EDIT: Who was that right back from Sampdoria we were linked with last season? Gerrimin.

1 hour ago, General Smuts said:

With those 5 signings we'd be in a much much stronger position

EDIT: Who was that right back from Sampdoria we were linked with last season? Gerrimin.

Not sure that was his name. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure why people ever expect them to, we've never operated that way and they clearly aren't good enough.

Lawrence may be in and around the squad if we struggle to replace Mahrez but is more likely to be sold for 5-6m ish which will represent reasonable profit.

I kinda agree but if the transfer window goes all 'Rudkin' on our butts I wouldn't be surprised to see some early bleeding in of Barnes and maybe Lawrence depending on how Shakey sees them after the preseason games (providing they are included and travel/play) Shakey is gonna know that him giving Gray Chilwell Barnes et al their shot will be (Ajax style) very beneficial for him and the squad as they will give everything for him and listen and develop rather than perhaps the more pre-learnt approach of a more seasoned player...

I also keep wondering if we have the personnel (or are acquiring them) to play 352 this year a bit or 433 as well as our traditional 442 style blueprint? 

I love sh1t like this, CM01/02 here we come......

I'd be happy with.....

Goalkeeper

Schmiechel - Hamer - Jakupovic

Defender

Huth - Morgan - Benalouane - Fuchs - Chilwell - Maguire - Simpson - Smalling - Ake

Midfielder

Drinkwater - Ndidi - Amartey - Gray - James - Lawrence - Albrighton - King -  Silva - Siggy

Forward

Vardy - Slimani - Okazaki -  Iheanacho

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I'd be happy with.....

Goalkeeper

Defender

Huth - Morgan - Benalouane - Fuchs - Chilwell - Maguire - Simpson - Smalling - Ake

Midfielder

Drinkwater - Ndidi - Amartey - Gray - James - Lawrence - Albrighton - King -  Silva - Siggy

Forward

Sack off King, maybe Lawrence and get in a RB and that looks lovely. 

Wouldn't be shocked if we just add the two Hull players and that's all though haha.

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I'd be happy with.....

Goalkeeper

Defender

Midfielder

Forward

Ha Rumble!

Who wouldn't be happy with that?!

(@Kitchandro this is a rhetorical question - no need to reply)

I would loan some of the youngsters to League One/Championship level.

I'd keep Hamer for squad morale purposes as he appears to be quite popular.

I would sign a few too.

Goalkeeper

Schmiechel - Hamer - Nielsen - No.2

Defender

Huth - Morgan - Benalouane - Fuchs - Chilwell - Maguire - Simpson - Moore - Elder - Ake - RB

Midfielder

Drinkwater - Ndidi - Amartey - Gray - Albrighton - King - James - Lawrence - Barnes - Choudhury - Gylfi - Silva

Forward

Vardy - Slimani - Okazaki - Muskwe - Ndukwu - Gordon - Kelechi

53 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ha Rumble!

Who wouldn't be happy with that?!

(@Kitchandro this is a rhetorical question - no need to reply)

Ha, the sad truth is some wouldn't!  "Yeah, but but Gray doesn't look like he is enjoying himself and Okazaki falls over all the time"  "Where's Cattermole?" "They are all poofs.  What do you mean I can't say poof anymore?  PC gone mad!". X

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Barnes will be, quote me on this after a large chunk of the season and I'll paint my face with ronseal if it ain't happened.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes will be, quote me on this after a large chunk of the season and I'll paint my face with ronseal if it ain't happened.

I don't actually think it'll be the best thing for his development to be in our squad tbh.

He needs to be playing, if he does have potential to be a good Prem player I'd much rather he go and get a good year ripping up the championship with a good team.

Archived