Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Wildlife and Gardens Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as this is Foxestalk, let's talk foxes. Every other night, a fox digs a 6" hole in one of our borders and deposits the most disgusting faeces imaginable. I've tried various deterrents, but short of shooting the damn thing, nothing else seems to deter it, Any suggestions? Is it, perhaps, a sign that City are in a for sh*tty season?

Edited by String fellow

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Seeing as this is Foxestalk, let's talk foxes. Every other night, a fox digs a 6" hole in one of our borders and deposits the most disgusting faeces imaginable. I've tried various deterrents, but short of shooting the damn thing, nothing else seems to deter it, Any suggestions? Is it, perhaps, a sign that City are in a for sh*tty season?

Seems like quite a considerate fox to me.  

If you don't like fox poo in your garden, you probably won't like this but peeing around the perimeter of your garden is supposed to act as a deterrent.

Incidentally, you can always tell fox poo as distinct from dog or cat poo, because it has a thin twist at the tail.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, String fellow said:

Or that they’re going to sh*t all over the opposition and therefore walk the league.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Trying to work out what they were till I realised you are not of these shores ..  :)

And you remember Cowlings then ..  crikey you must be old !!!  :D

Young white tailed deer, ya cheeky bugger ;)

6 hours ago, Smudge said:

Young white tailed deer, ya cheeky bugger ;)

A lonnnnng time ago in the distant past a Cowlings van was stopped by the police and when the driver asked why they said cus a young lad is clinging on to the back of your van ….   what a silly thing to do  !! …. but I believe he only did it for a dare …. :blush:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

A lonnnnng time ago in the distant past a Cowlings van was stopped by the police and when the driver asked why they said cus a young lad is clinging on to the back of your van ….   what a silly thing to do  !! …. but I believe he only did it for a dare …. :blush:

I hadn't heard that story. My Dad was very fond of music and whenever we went to town on a Saturday afternoon, we would spend time in Cowlings record department. I guess that would be around 1954. Yes mate I am an old git but younger than, McCartney, Jagger and Cleese. :) 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, damolcfc said:

Kingfisher, Buzzard and a brambling from Friday at Gibraltar Point Skegness 😊

DSCN2527.JPG

DSCN2521.JPG

DSCN2556.JPG

20211003_180915.jpg

I used to go to Gibraltar Point as a kid. This time of year is brilliant, migration fully underway with a lot of birds arriving or passing through from Scandinavia. Saw some 

Icelandic Whooper Swans yesterday.
My Brambling usually arrive a bit later. 

• Like 1