Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Iborra Signs

Delighted for our club, the guy, for the management team and for everyone else involved. Who says we can't attract decent players? There seems to be far more to this guy than just his football and I just trust he will play with the same passion and attitude as he has for the club he so clearly loves and has served so well. 

I well understand he has come here to look after his family but it must still be a wrench for him to come here from such a fabulous city and from where he is clearly so highly regarded.

Let's hope he comes to love Leicester in the same way and to enjoy new adventures worthy of relating to his kids and grandkids. A big positive this for me. The bloke's come from a club that's full of atmosphere and used to achieving things. No reason he can't inspire some more.           

Love it when we get someone in seemingly under the rader. I think he was linked only a few days before signing. Like Fuchs, a surprise.

13 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Any one else struggling to verify their email address for LCFC TV?

I was, had to click the button that resends the email. It then came through a few minutes later in my 'Promotions' inbox in Gmail.

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i mean he's recently flirted with moves to west brom and sunderland and he basically doesn't start for sevilla so it's not like we've gone to a champions league club and stolen their best player on the cheap. 

Nor were we ever likely to.

Like most on here I know next to feck all about him! What I like is , experience and quality from a high level, big unit and possible enforcer.

Other than the aforementioned I will reserve comment or criticism until I've actually seen the bloke play for us.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Any one else struggling to verify their email address for LCFC TV?

Yup. Also hit the 'resend' button... a few times, and now finally getting it 30 minutes later. But clicking it gives me: "Your email has not been confirmed. Please try again shortly and contact support if the issue persists."

Probably too many people trying to sign up all at once.

Edit: And just got a 2nd email and that link worked.

Haven't been this excited about Leicester signing a player for quite a while! Looks like a quality signing, the only complaint is about the age, on the other hand can't argue with his european cup experience. Finally a major signing, hopefully not the last one this summer. Fingers crossed Vince will shine in the PL!

EDIT: I guess we scouted him during our European campaign. Hopefully our scouting staff can find players a bit further than KP  lol

Also I hope signing Vince will give Drinky a much needed kick up the arse.

Iborra > Ibra :P

6 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

OHH VICENTE IBOOOORAAA

6 hours ago, KFS said:

Just about to post requesting that we don't sing a shitty regurgitated song for him...

Welcome Vince

Agreed. 

Without beating about the bush, I ****ing hate it, it's a shit, boring, uninspiring, load of old wank!

1 hour ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Haven't been this excited about Leicester signing a player for quite a while! Looks like a quality signing, the only complaint is about the age, on the other hand can't argue with his european cup experience. Finally a major signing, hopefully not the last one this summer. Fingers crossed Vince will shine in the PL!

EDIT: I guess we scouted him during our European campaign. Hopefully our scouting staff can find players a bit further than KP  lol

Also I hope signing Vince will give Drinky a much needed kick up the arse.

Iborra > Ibra :P

Ebirah > Iborra

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Like most on here I know next to feck all about him! What I like is , experience and quality from a high level, big unit and possible enforcer.

Other than the aforementioned I will reserve comment or criticism until I've actually seen the bloke play for us.

Stop it..

youre meant to be very excited and overjoyed!

Stop being so adult about it..

lol

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Stop it..

youre meant to be very excited and overjoyed!

Stop being so adult about it..

lol

Ha ha ha, no spaffing mate, I am looking forward to seeing him play and I will pass judgement then :)

4 hours ago, Thracian said:

Delighted for our club, the guy, for the management team and for everyone else involved. Who says we can't attract decent players? There seems to be far more to this guy than just his football and I just trust he will play with the same passion and attitude as he has for the club he so clearly loves and has served so well. 

I well understand he has come here to look after his family but it must still be a wrench for him to come here from such a fabulous city and from where he is clearly so highly regarded.

Let's hope he comes to love Leicester in the same way and to enjoy new adventures worthy of relating to his kids and grandkids. A big positive this for me. The bloke's come from a club that's full of atmosphere and used to achieving things. No reason he can't inspire some more.           

More importantly, who the FVCK are you?

lol 

An experienced midfielder who's well-regarded and been in many situations. Decent acquisition.

Compares more positively to players last season that were set to have 'strong future' but have failed to live up to expectations.

10 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I don't know anything about him other than what's been written. I'm a bit underwhelmed based on what I've heard, but it's all about whether a player suits us.

He needs to be mobile and able to win a lot of tackles, a decent passer would be a bonus. To have an impact on the game in that position we want him to be able to win the ball back and set us on the attack quickly.

We'll see.

This is a great article written about us getting him and what a great fit he is for us and the PL.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/3153234/leicester-citys-vicente-iborra-known-for-hard-work-perfect-for-premier-league

7 hours ago, foxes21 said:

some comments about him from Sevilla/La Liga fans

Sounds like just what we need.  Need to be fit to able to defend and push up so high becoming another striker. 

I'll be honest, I know very little about him. However, from reading the reports and the glowing admiration from Sevilla fans, he seems someone you want in a battle. Leadership is not something we have in abundance and his position and experience could be key in the times that Drinkwater has a confidence crisis. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

It seems more and more likely now that we will be adopting the 3-5-2 system next season, not sure how this is going to go down with the players who last season clearly hated any system that wasn't 4-4-2. I guess if we are to develop as a club we have to go with what "modern day" football suggests and the players will have to live with it. I can see us starting with the usual system and then slowly moving towards the new one tbh. If he does start 442 which of Ndidi, Drinky and iborra do we drop? I think Drinky will have to make way purely based on last seasons form. 

17 hours ago, Dames said:

Not everyone wants to or has to rim everything the club says and does.

As for the signing i'm slightly underwhelmed - On paper it looks great that we've managed to snag the Captain of Seville a team who has had great success over the past 5 years. However i'm slightly skeptical of why the club would let the Captain of the team go so easily? Especially as he was the Captain throughout much of their recent success? Is he at his age going to be able to adapt to the physicality of English Football?

I hope he hits the ground running I really do otherwise we're going to be stuck with another 30+ year old player on substantial wages.

Like a re run of the Inler signing ?

Welcome to the club, Vee-cen-teh! :D

Don't know why people would complain about us signing Sevilla's 29-year old captain. He has arguably the best years of his career just ahead of him and we may see the best coming from him in a blue shirt. Sevilla fans are praising his workrates - and isn't that what we need and what we're all about?

The price tag may be a bit steep given his age, but let's not forget that it is PL standard these days. If a German team had been in for him, he would've gone for (a lot) less than £10m.

He'll add some much-needed experience both on a domestic and international level, seeing that our squad requires changes.

The management sees the need to mix things up, we've got a couple of 30+ year-old players on the book and we need to introduce replacements on a steady basis as we go along.

Archived