Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Matty James to ......?

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Youve lost your mind if you think we need to bench our best midfielder. Pre-season is fitness training. Starting James and DD in a two man midfield would be suicide. 

Disagree, they'd be a good combo, they destroyed the Championship together and they get the best of each other

Opinions are like @rseholes, everyone has one. Mines is that James should start over King but not over Ndidi.

I actually think it's mad that, before his injury, James kept DD out of the team and now people are placing King ahead of him. It would be different if he was noticeably worse after coming back but he's not.

The good thing about the James/Drinkwater combo is that they instinctively know each other's game. They don't have to look at each other on the pitch particularly. They just know where their partner will be.

Pretty much like Fryatt and Howard...just players on the same wavelength.

That said, I wouldn't drip Ndidi. I think he's better than both the aforementioned already.

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Opinions are like @rseholes, everyone has one. Mines is that James should start over King but not over Ndidi.

I actually think it's mad that, before his injury, James kept DD out of the team and now people are placing King ahead of him. It would be different if he was noticeably worse after coming back but he's not.

Well, almost everyone ,,,,

Imperforate Anus (Anal Atresia)

Imperforate Anus is a genetic abnormality of the rectum and anus, which is evident at birth and can affect any person. Imperforate anus means that the opening of the rectum, the anus, is not perforated, which may mean there is no hole, the hole is in an abnormal position or the anus is blocked. The deformity means that the person will not be able to release faeces or stools unless the defect is corrected with surgery.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The good thing about the James/Drinkwater combo is that they instinctively know each other's game. They don't have to look at each other on the pitch particularly. They just know where their partner will be.

Pretty much like Fryatt and Howard...just players on the same wavelength.

That said, I wouldn't drip Ndidi. I think he's better than both the aforementioned already.

Do you think they can both remember that far back, James has been out since our first season back in the prem and even then he played with Cambiasso not DD .?

38 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'm not allowed to talk about Cambiasso, Iborra - I love his height and his experience, I still think he's been brought in as a bench player fighting for a starting place. 

When I said our wingers are supposed to be the creative players I'm talking about the players you call wide players. If Mahrez and Albrighton/Gray/Lawrence are not supposed to be the creative ones then what is the point in them actually playing? We may as well go 3:5:2 and then we can add a "creative" central midfield player. When you have 2 "wide players" the point of the 2 CMs is to cover their asses and the central defence.

I agree with you 100% about Maguire, I'd like to get another CB in too (Smalling or Gibson would be fine for me) and I think we desperately need another RB.

Ah right, I thought you were talking about out and out wingers like Gray and Mahrez. They're good going forward but don't offer much else when we're under pressure.

Mind you I do like that approach also, 2 wingers and 2 in the middle and just crush teams. A bit like Klopps approach with Liverpool. But it's not Shakeys way.

I'm not so hung up on getting a RB in as a lot of you are. Simpson is playing very well and more importantly, he never seems to get injured. Not even a Sponge job.

I'd much prefer if we spent the Money on that elusive creative player that the Club seems to think we don't need. It's such a glaring omission from our squad.

With Chilwell and Fuchs on one wing and Albrighton and Simpson on the other, I can't see anyone getting through them too easily. Then with Maguire and Morgan in the middle, I think we'll be ok. Yes Gibson would be another good addition but I think Morgan has one good season in him, and we also have Huth. Benny I'd move out now as we have good cover with the young lads.

I also think it's important to give the young lads hope that they have a chance of making the Team in the event of injuries.  Assuming Kelechi is coming it's all about creatively for me now.

Still, there's a little time left and I live and hope.

No way Ndidi gets dropped. James and Drinkwater did well in the championship 4 years ago, but Wilf is better than both at the moment. Shuddering at the thought of a james drinky combo with andy king coming off the bench. 

59 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Disagree, they'd be a good combo, they destroyed the Championship together and they get the best of each other

Let's resign Nugent and De Laet while we're at it.  They were great in the Championship too.

Your point is irrelevant as we are not in the Championship.

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

With Chilwell and Fuchs on one wing and Albrighton and Simpson on the other, I can't see anyone getting through them too easily.  

We would also never score and bore the planet to tears.

13 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

No way Ndidi gets dropped. James and Drinkwater did well in the championship 4 years ago, but Wilf is better than both at the moment. Shuddering at the thought of a james drinky combo with andy king coming off the bench. 

Do not fear we have Vicente Iborra.

He strolled through the first half against Luton,played a few good passes. Once he becomes more familiar with our style of play and the abilities of his team mates he will be a major asset. What he has shown to date,in the limited pitch time so far, is his football intelligence and reading of the game.

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We would also never score and bore the planet to tears.

I wouldn't be so sure. we'd be quite solid and they're both more than decent at getting forward offering width and firing in a decent cross for Vardy and Slimani. 

11 minutes ago, dedlock said:

Do not fear we have Vicente Iborra.

He strolled through the first half against Luton,played a few good passes. Once he becomes more familiar with our style of play and the abilities of his team mates he will be a major asset. What he has shown to date,in the limited pitch time so far, is his football intelligence and reading of the game.

I'm not sure how much we can read into the first half of the Luton game tbh. I was looking at their forums yesterday and apparently Luton played their youths and reserves first half...

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

I'm not sure how much we can read into the first half of the Luton game tbh. I was looking at their forums yesterday and apparently Luton played their youths and reserves first half...

You can't read much in to a preseason friendly whatever team the opposition puts out.  

41 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Let's resign Nugent and De Laet while we're at it.  They were great in the Championship too.

Your point is irrelevant as we are not in the Championship.

Not at all, when you win the Championship the way we did it shows you are playing a level way above.

We weren't just making up the numbers, we broke 100 points. Also MJ and DD were acclaimed as being amongst the divisions best players.

Going on your logic no players would ever be signed from lower levels as they've already played at that level, so they obviously belong there and shouldn't move up......

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Going on your logic no players would ever be signed from lower levels as they've already played at that level, so they obviously belong there and shouldn't move up......

No that is not my logic at all mate.  

But each of our regular starting 11 were acclaimed as among the best in the division that season, because as you rightly say, we did break 100 points and were definitely not just making up the numbers.  Doesn't mean they should all play for us now based on that one very very good season.

Everyone can debate who arcthe best midfielders all day long and options will still be divided as they all have different attributes but my guess is they will all have a part to play at some point andxall are needed. DD. MJ KING IBORRA AND NDIDDI. 

Differnt players for different games with different formations and injuries and suspensions.

Comparing like for like is pointless.

9 hours ago, Simo86 said:

Did you just say that King prefers to pass forwards.......:o:blink:

Guilty as quoted.  Strikes me as calmer on the ball and more able to pick out a recipient, than some of the other mids.  He's even got a nice through ball in him.  Somewhere.  I think I remember.

3 hours ago, dedlock said:

Why would we agree a transfer in the light of MJ's pre-season form. OK ,he is yet to play 90 minutes or in a full PL match but he has looked pretty good so far.

Because he's at least 4th choice for central midfield and really should be 7th.  And we don't need 7 central midfielders.

West Bromwich Albion are showing interest in Leicester City midfielder Matty James.

The 26-year old has impressed in pre-season for Leicester and Albion manager Tony Pulis is weighing up a move.

James, a former Manchester United academy graduate, had a strong spell on loan at Barnsley last season after battling back from a knee injury.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4752812/West-Brom-eye-Leicester-s-Matty-James-summer-signing-4.html

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

West Bromwich Albion are showing interest in Leicester City midfielder Matty James.

The 26-year old has impressed in pre-season for Leicester and Albion manager Tony Pulis is weighing up a move.

James, a former Manchester United academy graduate, had a strong spell on loan at Barnsley last season after battling back from a knee injury.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4752812/West-Brom-eye-Leicester-s-Matty-James-summer-signing-4.html

A fit Evans plus £20 million and I would listen. :D

Archived