Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Matty James to ......?

9 minutes ago, Steven said:

A fit Evans plus £20 million and I would listen. :D

I really dont want to get rid of Matty but you do have to ask the question.. what do we need more right now him or another CB?

I'd prefer both , of course but i'd do a straight swap if it came to deadline day and we didnt have another CB by that time

lol Amartey Barnes and King ahead of James. Absolutely not.

Considering Barnes is looking more like a winger/number 10 I wouldn't even say he's a central midfielder.

Also the fact he was sent off to France with the youths and outcasts to play 50 minute matches instead of being given actual game time with the team, suggests once again, we have a promising youngster not particularly rated by the management.

51 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Also the fact he was sent off to France with the youths and outcasts to play 50 minute matches instead of being given actual game time with the team, suggests once again, we have a promising youngster not particularly rated by the management.

Rated enough to be handed a new 4-year contract though. I think him going out on loan to a decent championship side this season would be the best move for his development rather than possibly sitting on the bench (if he's lucky) and playing a handful of cup matches. 

Less about him not being rated by management and more about him not being premier league ready yet imo. I think the kid has a bright future here. 

18 minutes ago, HeroFox said:

Rated enough to be handed a new 4-year contract though. I think him going out on loan to a decent championship side this season would be the best move for his development rather than possibly sitting on the bench (if he's lucky) and playing a handful of cup matches. 

Less about him not being rated by management and more about him not being premier league ready yet imo. I think the kid has a bright future here. 

Potentially, but to see players like Elder getting a run out and one of most highly rated youngsters not getting a sniff of game time seems mental to me.

As you say, the quicker he's with a team that could use him in the championship the better. Would be nice if Leeds got him so we could watch him on sky most weeks.

4 hours ago, MPH said:

I really dont want to get rid of Matty but you do have to ask the question.. what do we need more right now him or another CB?

I'd prefer both , of course but i'd do a straight swap if it came to deadline day and we didnt have another CB by that time

For me, a midfield of Ndidi, Drinkwater and Iborra is not enough and we need James in there too.

Mendy, King and Amartey (as a CM) are not up to scratch and they are the ones we should be looking at binning off.

Your point about the CB is valid, but I think CM is the most important area of the whole field and rather that be sorted. Between Wes, Huth, Maguire and Benny we look to be sorted, with Amartey as emergency back-up

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

lol

With respect, this seems the wrong conclusion to draw about his move. It's purely practical when we are loaded with midfielders and we are struggling to get older, more expensive players playing time, ostensibly so we can showcase and move some of them to make more space for young players like Barnes. Especially at wing, with both Mahrez and Musa needing to stay in the shop window.

I think the team is really working to build a youth movement to support the players who won the league. We have quite a bit of young talent we seem keen to feature, the gaffer is going to start Nacho (20) and Gray (21) from the look of things, with Ndukwu probably two years behind (18), and in the midfield we have Ndidi (20) locked in as first team, plus we have Lawrence (23) looking likely to play a role, especially if Mahrez goes. In defense we have Maguire (24) pegged to start, Chilwell (20) reported to play a larger role this season, Daniel Amartey (22) looks good as a CB back-up (FFS can we stop playing the lad out of position) and we just saw a lot of our big CB Darnell Johnson (18) (though he doesn't look as good out wide at RB as he does at CB). Darnell really split opinion on the board, but I thought he played great his first game, struggled some his second with the speed of the wing he was facing on the right, but he also has less experience at RB, and it was a step up in class for him.

And if we can re-sign Terell Pennant, we may really see some youth on the side.

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Didn't He wear the number 8 shirt which has now gone to Nacho? Maybe I'm reading something into this, or it's been mentioned in another thread but I hope he does stay. 

I thought 7 or 8 were left blank knowing the Nacho was coming.

On 02/08/2017 at 23:21, filbertway said:

Potentially, but to see players like Elder getting a run out and one of most highly rated youngsters not getting a sniff of game time seems mental to me.

As you say, the quicker he's with a team that could use him in the championship the better. Would be nice if Leeds got him so we could watch him on sky most weeks.

Or Elder was given a run out as back up left back, because Chilly was on extended leave?

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Yes, that's what I thought. He's a great signing for us. I assume he'll get a Cameo tonight.

Yeah he needs some game time. I'd imagine we will start with a similar line up to that which will start against Arsenal. May take a couple of weeks for him to get up to speed.

1 minute ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Yeah he needs some game time. I'd imagine we will start with a similar line up to that which will start against Arsenal. May take a couple of weeks for him to get up to speed.

Yes, I'd expect the same. Don't want to rush him and pick up a pulled muscle. Although maybe he has been working flat out at Man City.  I'm sure our Science people will now where he's at fitness wise.

Archived