Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Matty James to ......?

41 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Yeah!! Same goes for kante in the title winning season. With his one shitty goal and 1 assist. What a ****ing waste of space he was

?

On what planet is Matty James similar in any way to N'Golo Kante? Where have I compared James to Kante?

Posts on here advocated giving James a chance based on his ability to play number 10, hence my comment. 

51 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

?

On what planet is Matty James similar in any way to N'Golo Kante? Where have I compared James to Kante?

Posts on here advocated giving James a chance based on his ability to play number 10, hence my comment. 

I'm only suggesting that when talking about a combative midfield player, goals and assists aren't the best stats to be looking at. I would say tackles made/ duels won and interceptions are far more indicative to what a midfielder like James brings to games.

Matic, Kante , Fernandinho any combative midfielder you want to mention has sh1t goal and assists stats so what point are you making with your original post?

51 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

?

And in no way ever is James a number 10, that I agree with just not the unfair analysis of why

4 hours ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

And in no way ever is James a number 10, that I agree with just not the unfair analysis of why

I think again, it looks like we are about to enter another Prem campaign with a midfield that's just ok at this level. Its hard to believe we won't sign someone who can really unlock a defence.

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Ive I've decided to get in on the sqwarka act and lobbed up a few stats for Cambi, James and Mr Cattermole for the 2014/15 season. There are many more of course, more or less favorable vis a vis each player. What they DO show I think is far from the ball carrying, chance making player than some say James is...he isn't.

IMG_0254.PNG

What on earth is the state of this... so a load of defensive stats show that James isn't at all creative. Well no shit if you're not selecting those stats. Oh and by the way if you want a better reflection you use per 90 and not totals because your mate has played about 500 minutes more than James.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 12.37.36.png

15 minutes ago, Claridge said:

James seems to have become a world beater in some people's eyes, despite being out for ages. He was average at best before and I would imagine he still will be. 

Come off it, why are you exaggerating? Yeah someone said he might play for England, normally I'd laugh. But the fact DD and Livermore would have been called up last season tells you that it's not that far fetched.

What almost everyone else has done, is suggest that someone who was a top draw player for us in the championship is capable of making the step up. He was in that group of players coming up what were first names on the team sheet. A lot of people saw him as a vitally important player, there is nothing to suggest he couldn't do what DD, Wes, Vardy, Mahrez did and step up to become very solid premier league players.

He's coming back from injury and so far I'd say he's been the best CM pre season. Lets give the bloke a bloody chance. Some people on here are just desperate for him to fail, as they seem to be with a few others.

I'll name no names, but I'm going to guarantee one certain member will pin absolutely every single goal against on him. He's shaping up to do it just as he has done with other players previously.

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This was the point of my putting the stats up. James isn't it. Then again, neither is Drinkwater tbf.

The club needs at least one more creative player in the central area. 

I know it was a different division and season, but actually, if we look more at offensive stats, young Tom Lawrence perhaps 'needs to be given a chance'? Cattermole removed here..his offensive stats are naff....

IMG_0257.PNG

Wow looking at that you really understand how good Cambiasso was. So many forward passes as an overall percentage. I loved watching him. He knew where the ball was going even before it came to him. Sign of a good centre mid.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I think again, it looks like we are about to enter another Prem campaign with a midfield that's just ok at this level. Its hard to believe we won't sign someone who can really unlock a defence.

Maybe Iborra can fill that void but you're right we still are crying out for a creative player in the middle.

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

James seems to have become a world beater in some people's eyes, despite being out for ages. He was average at best before and I would imagine he still will be. 

This.

I like James. I like his energy and he's solid. He doesn't make many errors that I can remember.

But of course, certain posters like to make out players are much better than they really are (were). It's almost childish...like flatly refusing to acknowledge limitations because he's one of our players.

James will be ok. But just ok, no more than that I don't expect

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This.

I like James. I like his energy and he's solid. He doesn't make many errors that I can remember.

But of course, certain posters like to make out players are much better than they really are (were). It's almost childish...like flatly refusing to acknowledge limitations because he's one of our players.

James will be ok. But just ok, no more than that I don't expect

Bit like people making out players are much worse than they are.

39 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

So is James leaving or not? If not, why is this thread in the transfer section? 

Derby made a bid for him of 4 mills but given the form and desire he's been displaying in preseason, it looks increasingly likely he'll be on the bench pushing for a 1st team place. I'd be gutted to see him go and would be surprised if we let him go. Just got to hope he can stay clear of injury!

Matty James has got just as much chance of being a guaranteed starter for us than anyone else. Whoever played well last season its irrelevant now. Every position is up for grabs and doing well in training and pre season there is no reason why come the Arsenal game James wont start.

If anything James has looked the more comfortable Midfielder so far in pre season.

An England call up is a long stretch but hey if Drinky can do it why cant James or any other England Midfielder. Shelvey, Barkley, Wilshire just to name a few could be knocking on Southgates door if they have good seasons.

Going to be really interesting to see how we start the season.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Matty James has got just as much chance of being a guaranteed starter for us than anyone else. Whoever played well last season its irrelevant now. Every position is up for grabs and doing well in training and pre season there is no reason why come the Arsenal game James wont start.

If anything James has looked the more comfortable Midfielder so far in pre season.

An England call up is a long stretch but hey if Drinky can do it why cant James or any other England Midfielder. Shelvey, Barkley, Wilshire just to name a few could be knocking on Southgates door if they have good seasons.

Going to be really interesting to see how we start the season.

I get that, but I think we told them to get stuffed immediately, and there hasn't been any other follow up.  My point was more that there's not been any posts about him going or even possibly going for the last 8-10 days, and now it's just arguing about whether he should be starting and if he is better than Lee Cattermole (!).  There's another Matty James thread in the main forum, and it would be better to have those arguments...I mean discussions... in there and close this thread.  I think it's pretty clear he's staying for now, and has been our best midfielder so far in preseason.  

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm certain we didn't buy Iborra to warm the Bench and NDiddi is a certain starter. I think DD and James have a battle to even make the team unless we're going to pack the midfield.

I wouldn't be so sure about that one. Unless we change formation I don't see where he fits. Telling that the only game time he's had so far has been in a midfield three.

21 hours ago, Babylon said:

Come off it, why are you exaggerating? Yeah someone said he might play for England, normally I'd laugh. But the fact DD and Livermore would have been called up last season tells you that it's not that far fetched.

What almost everyone else has done, is suggest that someone who was a top draw player for us in the championship is capable of making the step up. He was in that group of players coming up what were first names on the team sheet. A lot of people saw him as a vitally important player, there is nothing to suggest he couldn't do what DD, Wes, Vardy, Mahrez did and step up to become very solid premier league players.

He's coming back from injury and so far I'd say he's been the best CM pre season. Lets give the bloke a bloody chance. Some people on here are just desperate for him to fail, as they seem to be with a few others.

I'll name no names, but I'm going to guarantee one certain member will pin absolutely every single goal against on him. He's shaping up to do it just as he has done with other players previously.

And let's not forget until he got injured he was keeping Drinkwater out of the side. 

48 minutes ago, Bert said:

And let's not forget until he got injured he was keeping Drinkwater out of the side. 

James deserves the chance to show he is fully fit and merits a place in the squad.

It's better to have a surfeit of midfielders challenging for a first team place than scratching about,like much of last season, putting square pegs in round holes or picking players who appeared to be carrying injuries or unfit.

Archived