Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Matty James to ......?

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Can we have him instead? A season long loan would let you know if he's properly over his injury and can perform to his previous standard for a full 46 game campaign. His value would only go up if he is.

Problem is he's out of contract at the end of the season, so we need to make a decision on whether he is going to play with us and offer him a new deal, or sell him before he leaves on a free.

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

James - 20+7 apps 0 goals

Drinkwater - 16+7 0 goals

King - 16+8 2 goals

Cambiasso - 27+4 5 goals

Hammond - 9+3 0 goals

Not much between Jamo and Drinky to be honest, so bit of a myth that Jamo played way more games than Drinky. In fact King got as much of a look in. 

Jamo did feature during most of the great escape (Drinky not so much) until he got injured against Southampton. King was then his choice as replacement. I think most people remember (rightly) those last few games and that Jamo played.  Looking at the match reports though, despite featuring in the West Ham and West Brom games (the first couple of the run) he didn't really make an impact in those...

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/2014-15/fixtures-and-results.html?no-amp=1

I was wrong. I didn't realise that. Perhaps it is in my memory as James and Cambiasso played the end of the season in which we were winning.

I'd have thought Shaky would want to see James again this season  I hope so anyway.

Although I think DD is the better player, James had a decent first Prem season considering where we were in he table and DD didn't take to the prem well at all that first year. 

He's better than King and he has potential  -he's been cut down over the last couple of seasons but we should keep him and see what he has in the tank this year. 

Problem is he's out of contract at the end of the season, so we need to make a decision on whether he is going to play with us and offer him a new deal, or sell him before he leaves on a free.

Ah right. If he wants to stay he'd surely sign a new deal.

FFS, there is a statistic to prove anything and to add weight to any argument.  The reality is that James is not good enough for the Premier League.  He did ok at Barnsley.  But would any of you who are calling for him to stay, and saying he is a class player, be excited if we signed his midfield partner from that Barnsley team, no!

James is no more than a good Championship player.  We do not need nor want good Championship players.  Christ there were some on here saying Iborra wasn't good enough for the Premier League.  And yet people think James is?  

57 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

FFS, there is a statistic to prove anything and to add weight to any argument.  The reality is that James is not good enough for the Premier League.  He did ok at Barnsley.  But would any of you who are calling for him to stay, and saying he is a class player, be excited if we signed his midfield partner from that Barnsley team, no!

James is no more than a good Championship player.  We do not need nor want good Championship players.  Christ there were some on here saying Iborra wasn't good enough for the Premier League.  And yet people think James is?  

The reality is he's not good enough, that's based on what exactly?

Your point about signing a Barnsley midfielder is ****ing stupid.

1 hour ago, chicagofox said:

Though I do agree with your 1st statement about stats, the rest is very harsh on James. The 1st season he played ahead of Drinky and did really well in our 1st season in the Prem and deserves a chance to play in the midfield again.

We dominated the midfield in our journey to the Championship because Drinky and James had a great understanding and just knew how to play together. Sometimes it was like they were telepathic, maybe of use at some point in the league.

Also, from what I read and have seen from clips from his Barnsley stint he is certainly more than just a "good championship player". 

6 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Going and having a successful loan spell at Barnsley after a serious long term injury won't have hampered his chances of having a role in our squad, not at all. 

He went for fitness and game time, not to be labelled a 'championship player'. 

On 14/07/2017 at 19:13, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Derby signing Huddlestone so maybe that's the end of their interest in James 

He's now signed, for £2m. Good value that imo.

Rather James goes to a club like Derby, who will be competing for the play-offs or above, over one that's content in mid-table like Barnsley.

5 hours ago, Spicer said:

I was wrong. I didn't realise that. Perhaps it is in my memory as James and Cambiasso played the end of the season in which we were winning.

I had to look it up, I thought it was more rotation but it was only confirmed by some research. Drinky was definitely having an "off" season that year though but I still think he is the better player

Would be a mistake to sell. He's a good option to have in the squad, we know he's good enough with a good pre season he should be raring to go.

On 13/07/2017 at 22:41, chicagofox said:

You seriously have to be on a windup.  You can't honestly believe that he is worth anywhere close to 14M.  That is an absolute joke.

EXACTLY!  

That's a scary thought.  

You're a moron, go back to watching baseball or rodeos instead of sawccer

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Mate, it's a forum for anyone. Theres no need to attack all American interest in football with no sign of humour because you dont agree with someone.

On the subject though I think James has earned the right to be given a chance over the years, he gets along crackingly well with some of the core members of the squad, has a great attitude as shown by his determination to get back into the squad after serious injury and character going in and putting hard work in at Barnsley. He deserves at least a fair chance to be a squad member, he's worth much, much more than 4m in this market

6 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Mate, it's a forum for anyone. Theres no need to attack all American interest in football with no sign of humour because you dont agree with someone.

On the subject though I think James has earned the right to be given a chance over the years, he gets along crackingly well with some of the core members of the squad, has a great attitude as shown by his determination to get back into the squad after serious injury and character going in and putting hard work in at Barnsley. He deserves at least a fair chance to be a squad member, he's worth much, much more than 4m in this market

He's not a moron because he's American, he's a moron for attention seeking exaggeration such as saying Matty James being in our squad would be a scary thought. Would rather 'fans' like that stuck to supporting the Man Us and Chelseas rather than tainting our club.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's not a moron because he's American, he's a moron for attention seeking exaggeration such as saying Matty James being in our squad would be a scary thought. Would rather 'fans' like that stuck to supporting the Man Us and Chelseas rather than tainting our club.

And you're a moron because...? 

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

So because I think a player is not good enough for our squad you'd rather I supported another team and I am somehow tainting our club?  How does that work?

Back in the day I didn't think Junior Lewis was good enough to play for us.  Should I have switched allegiance to another club then?  Do I have to think that every player in our squad is of first-team quality to support Leicester City?

PS, not that it's relevant but just for point of fact; I'm not American, I do watch baseball and thoroughly enjoy it, I've never watched rodeo, and I have no idea what sawccer is.

3 hours ago, chicagofox said:

So because I think a player is not good enough for our squad you'd rather I supported another team and I am somehow tainting our club?  How does that work?

Back in the day I didn't think Junior Lewis was good enough to play for us.  Should I have switched allegiance to another club then?  Do I have to think that every player in our squad is of first-team quality to support Leicester City?

PS, not that it's relevant but just for point of fact; I'm not American, I do watch baseball and thoroughly enjoy it, I've never watched rodeo, and I have no idea what sawccer is.

Rather than just rubbishing someone try and come up with a decent argument, so far you've failed miserably.

You've essentially rubbished all stats that show what he brings, seemingly forgotten he was actually par of a team that finished 14th and romped the championship. 

You talk as though it's fact he's not good enough with no evidence to back it up, just one mans opinion. We were winning with him in the team during the escape, he was no worse than people like Wes, DD, Vardy etc that season. They all stepped up to be premier league players.

It's not his fault he was injured and missed the team / management finding its feet at this level, finding what style worked best, what formations worked etc. There was every chance he would have stepped up with them.

Your point about signing a Barnsley player was totally ridiculous for several reasons. First being he's not an Barnsley player, he's a Leicester pplayer who's got history of performing at much higher levels that Barnsley. Secondly, even if he was their player it's quite possible for good players to be found at smaller teams. I'd have thought most Leicester's fans would understand that by now.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rather than just rubbishing someone try and come up with a decent argument, so far you've failed miserably.

You've essentially rubbished all stats that show what he brings, seemingly forgotten he was actually par of a team that finished 14th and romped the championship. 

You talk as though it's fact he's not good enough with no evidence to back it up, just one mans opinion. We were winning with him in the team during the escape, he was no worse than people like Wes, DD, Vardy etc that season. They all stepped up to be premier league players.

It's not his fault he was injured and missed the team / management finding its feet at this level, finding what style worked best, what formations worked etc. There was every chance he would have stepped up with them.

Your point about signing a Barnsley player was totally ridiculous for several reasons. First being he's not an Barnsley player, he's a Leicester pplayer who's got history of performing at much higher levels that Barnsley. Secondly, even if he was their player it's quite possible for good players to be found at smaller teams. I'd have thought most Leicester's fans would understand that by now.

Very true Babylon. However, calling him a moron (and I know you didn't) is even worse - that's personal, whereas CF just doesn't rate Matty James, rightly or wrongly.

Archived