Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Matty James to ......?

14 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

You're too much mate.  Come on, stop it please.  Save this stuff for your standup routine.  James play for England, Christ I know they're sh!t but come on.  Suggesting he is a very good Prem player was stretching reality far enough.  Thanks for the laughs tho'.

He's better then Jake bloody Livermore when he's fit. So it's not exactly out of the realms of possibility.

50 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

You're too much mate.  Come on, stop it please.  Save this stuff for your standup routine.  James play for England, Christ I know they're sh!t but come on.  Suggesting he is a very good Prem player was stretching reality far enough.  Thanks for the laughs tho'.

Easy to scoff and I'm sure people would have said the same about Vardy at the start of the season before last.

The fact is that if Matty had come through the ranks at United rather than being bought by us a few years back, and played like he has since joining LCFC, he'd be in their first team squad and with a much better shot of playing for England due to being at a big team, much like Lingard and Smalling etc.

25 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Easy to scoff and I'm sure people would have said the same about Vardy at the start of the season before last.

The fact is that if Matty had come through the ranks at United rather than being bought by us a few years back, and played like he has since joining LCFC, he'd be in their first team squad and with a much better shot of playing for England due to being at a big team, much like Lingard and Smalling etc.

But he was bought by us.  He was very good at Championship level.  Then was average at best in the Premier League where he was largely first choice for 3/4 of the season.  The last quarter being the part when we actually stopped losing which he wasn't a regular in.  He's not at a big team because the one he was at didn't want to keep him.  No shame in that at all.  And I doubt if we hadn't bought him and he had performed averagely in Utd's first-team he wouldn't have lasted too long.

13 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

But he was bought by us.  He was very good at Championship level.  Then was average at best in the Premier League where he was largely first choice for 3/4 of the season.  The last quarter being the part when we actually stopped losing which he wasn't a regular in.  He's not at a big team because the one he was at didn't want to keep him.  No shame in that at all.  And I doubt if we hadn't bought him and he had performed averagely in Utd's first-team he wouldn't have lasted too long.

Yeh reminds me of Lukaku.

What a nonsense post.

Id like to see James given another stab at it here. He was monumental alongside Cambiasso in our survival season. He can cut the grade. As much as I love Kingy, I see James ahead of him as a player. so pecking order for me... Drinky, Ndidi, James, King, Mendy, Amarty. I have not seen enough of Iborra to comment on where he sits in the pecking order as of yet (but a hunch it'll be up with the top two) . Great competition in this area, but enough creativity? hmmm

26 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Yeh reminds me of Lukaku.

What a nonsense post.

If I say so myself, it isn't nonsense at all.  The notion that if he had stayed at Utd he would have more of a chance of playing for England is both hypothetical and irrelevant to the player he is now.  

52 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

We were winning with him in the team at the end of the season. Please don't make out we started winning after he got injured as it's just not true.

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We were winning with him in the team at the end of the season. Please don't make out we started winning after he got injured as it's just not true.

I didn't say that.  But he was far from a regular in the 'great escape" part of the great escape season.  That is true.

It makes me laugh that people talk about us being stacked with CMs. I'd much rather have it that way than last season when we were really thin on the ground in that department. Midfielders are very susceptible to injury and you need options if you want to change shape. For me keeping Matty James is an absolute no brainer. 

17 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It makes me laugh that people talk about us being stacked with CMs. I'd much rather have it that way than last season when we were really thin on the ground in that department. Midfielders are very susceptible to injury and you need options if you want to change shape. For me keeping Matty James is an absolute no brainer. 

Very good point. Centre midfield is a hugely combative area, a lot of cms get injured plus its a key position so you're best being stacked there! 

4 hours ago, jimmer said:

Id like to see James given another stab at it here. He was monumental alongside Cambiasso in our survival season. He can cut the grade. As much as I love Kingy, I see James ahead of him as a player. so pecking order for me... Drinky, Ndidi, James, King, Mendy, Amarty. I have not seen enough of Iborra to comment on where he sits in the pecking order as of yet (but a hunch it'll be up with the top two) . Great competition in this area, but enough creativity? hmmm

No he wasn't. Why do people keep saying this? Neither were 'monumental'.

Ive I've decided to get in on the sqwarka act and lobbed up a few stats for Cambi, James and Mr Cattermole for the 2014/15 season. There are many more of course, more or less favorable vis a vis each player. What they DO show I think is far from the ball carrying, chance making player than some say James is...he isn't.

IMG_0254.PNG

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Ive I've decided to get in on the sqwarka act and lobbed up a few stats for Cambi, James and Mr Cattermole for the 2014/15 season. There are many more of course, more or less favorable vis a vis each player. What they DO show I think is far from the ball carrying, chance making player than some say James is...he isn't.

IMG_0254.PNG

Yeah, but those stats would seem to indicate that Cattermole is better than Cambiasso, which clearly isn't true. :dunno:

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yeah, but those stats would seem to indicate that Cattermole is better than Cambiasso, which clearly isn't true. :dunno:

No, it shows a superiority 'defensively'. Which is actually exactly what I argued the club needed in its first season back in the Prem. If you look at the offensive stats, Cambiasso shines more.

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

It`s ok being stacked out with midfielders, but it would be nice if we had at least one creative one!

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

IMG_0254.PNG

Let it go col. For god's sake man.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

And again, with Drinkwater's stats thrown in, and those of King. These stats show I think, the limitations of Kingy. Again for the 2014/15 season.

IMG_0255.PNG

You never cease to amaze me Col lol

top work!

This is an odd one really but I do believe he deserves a shot in this side.

we have an amazing array of DCM's which we were all crying out for (especially Col) for extended periods over the past four or so seasons. Both him and Drinky can pick a pass from time to time but we need something different arguably - a proper conductor of the midfield that can do everything - and sadly the only person that fits the bill in this midfield we have is nearly Matty.... but not quite. King is a number 10 but not good enough to play there for us but can do a brilliant squad job but we need something different in my opinion. I'd keep James as we don't need the money and really need someone more Cambiasso esque who gets everywhere but can create and finish. So just a competitive RB, another CB a creative midfielder and some bloke from Man City and we'll be likely top four providing we keep Mahrez!

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

This is an odd one really but I do believe he deserves a shot in this side.

we have an amazing array of DCM's which we were all crying out for (especially Col) for extended periods over the past four or so seasons. Both him and Drinky can pick a pass from time to time but we need something different arguably - a proper conductor of the midfield that can do everything - and sadly the only person that fits the bill in this midfield we have is nearly Matty.... but not quite. King is a number 10 but not good enough to play there for us but can do a brilliant squad job but we need something different in my opinion. I'd keep James as we don't need the money and really need someone more Cambiasso esque who gets everywhere but can create and finish. So just a competitive RB, another CB a creative midfielder and some bloke from Man City and we'll be likely top four providing we keep Mahrez!

He deserves nothing. 

He scored no goals and weighed in with 1 assist during the great escape season. 

Think what he has done is to get a pre season. Shakey knows him well enough, a fully fit MJ gives you options but he will be watched and monitored had a decent Asia tournament in what for all the squad was "unusual playing conditions". If he is to be considered he will get more time in the upcoming friendlies. Couple of seasons ago we had GTF and Dean Hammond as midfield cover think we have progressed since then

6 hours ago, smudger63 said:

It`s ok being stacked out with midfielders, but it would be nice if we had at least one creative one!

This was the point of my putting the stats up. James isn't it. Then again, neither is Drinkwater tbf.

The club needs at least one more creative player in the central area. 

I know it was a different division and season, but actually, if we look more at offensive stats, young Tom Lawrence perhaps 'needs to be given a chance'? Cattermole removed here..his offensive stats are naff....

IMG_0257.PNG

Archived