Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

3 minutes ago, 49er said:

When he came on Friday, he 'knuckled down' straightaway with his pass to Nacho that led to Vardy's goal. Keep at all costs. If we have to sell, £50m is the minimum - Kyle Walker £50m!

I meant if he doesn't get his move this window

The differences between Roma's bids are way too small. It seems like they're just waiting it out, thinking that we'll eventually let him go for a lesser amount because he wants to leave.

If he is to go there, I think it'll be for £40-45m spread over several years. But then Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea could easily just slap the same amount up front on deadline day.

We shall see.

Edit: probably not Spurs

3 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

According to Leicester.

If it was indecent why they would still be talking?

It's almost half of what we've valued him at. How can you think that's a fair offer. It's like us offering you £10m for Dzeko

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Who says they are?

its a derisory offer

Monchi smirked when he was asked a few days ago.

Also there were rumours yesterday about us getting Lucas Perez from Arsenal... Now the rumour doesn't hold water cuz we don't need him but his agent knows Monchi and he has confirmed he's only interested in Mahrez.

20 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

If Leicester were asking for £50m the conversation would have ended a month ago.

Also I'm a Roma fan and I can guarantee you that's not the sum you'll be getting anytime soon. Not from us at least. 

Mahrez is a class act at this level. Salah (I know he was on loan to Roma) has yet to prove himself as a Premier League player, and yet Liverpool paid £35m! On that basis, Mahrez is worth £60m+. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

It's almost half of what we've valued him at. How can you think that's a fair offer. It's like us offering you £10m for Dzeko

Only Leicester is the only club apparently valuing him that though. 

Th real problem is that he's a second option for Arsenal that want Lemar from Monaco. That's the only reason we have a shot.

1 minute ago, 49er said:

Mahrez is a class act at this level. Salah (I know he was on loan to Roma) has yet to prove himself as a Premier League player, and yet Liverpool paid £35m! On that basis, Mahrez is worth £60m+. 

Yes, I can't quite understand these low offers.. Had he been approaching the final year of his contract maybe but he's got 3 years left FGS

Saying that can understand him wanting to leave Leicester for Rome!

1 minute ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

Th real problem is that he's a second option for Arsenal that want Lemar from Monaco. That's the only reason we have a shot.

Džeko is 31, so not many more years left at the top level. I would value him at around £15m. 

2 minutes ago, Focks said:

Yes, I can't quite understand these low offers.. Had he been approaching the final year of his contract maybe but he's got 3 years left FGS

Saying that can understand him wanting to leave Leicester for Rome!

In the 70s and 80s players went to Italy. I'm not sure that it's such a great league now, and the money is in the Premier League so why go there? I would compare them to Everton or Southampton.

9 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

Our value of him is the one that's relevant because we neither want or have to sell him!

35 minutes ago, Redouane said:

No I'm not saying let him go, but that guy was saying block the move and let him rot in the reserves. If the club blocks the move, then they better keep him as a regular.

And we will keep him as a regular, theres no way he rots in the reserves unless Mahrez chooses to not put the effort in.

I can see why Mahrez is pissed off but I also think he understands the club's position especially if Chelsea really are prepared to offer £37m for Drinkwater.

In an ideal world Leicester wouldn't sell Mahrez unless offered ridiculous money. We have reluctantly allowed him to leave but we still want what we consider a fair price and £31m is far from a fair price. With three years left on his contract and us being reluctant sellers we have the whip hand in these negotiations. 

37 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

According to Leicester.

If it was indecent why they would still be talking?

No it's the television companies what have let it rumble on. 

Roma want him, pay the figure. It's as simple as that. That Neymar transfer fee was the death knell for Roma getting any value on this deal. 

3 years on his contract and he's not a disruptive influence, we can wait and wait 

53 minutes ago, Redouane said:

This will go wrong in so many ways.

No player will ever want to play for Leicester again if this were to happen combined with the sacking of Ranieri.

Mahrez will still be paid 120k/week for doing nothing until 2021. Management will eventually get sick of paying off this wage for a reserve player and sell him off at an even lower price than what Roma is proposing now. 

Up to Mahrez, if he fails to perform no one will come in for him. If he performs someone will. Three years, big club won't want to touch a player his age with better options out there.

34 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

He's our commodity to value 

17 hours ago, Almo-Fox said:

I think mahrez was professional with his SSN interview as he show his desire to play at AS roma ( he said its a great club )

so there is one way for roma to get mahrez is bidding a 40 m  £ plus adds on ( 50-55 m € ) by paying first part now and will pay a second part later on as roma will get more from CL matchs 

Leicester will be happy 

Roma will be happy 

Ryad Mahrez will be happy 

genuine fans ( the majority ) will keep a good image of him

Booed fans will transfer their booes to albirighton when he  misses a cross

Professional isn't not speaking to the press. Play well first three games of the season and tease a bid from another club who can afford the asking price. 

35 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

And Leicester don't wish to sell. So that's our value and that's it

Archived