Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

41 minutes ago, Milo said:

In defence of Mahrez - At the risk of upsetting quite a few on here, I think he's been pretty decent about the whole thing. If he wants to go, then there is not much we can do about it.

He went public with a respectful and measured statement at the end of the season which gave the club the maximum time to sell and buy a replacement. I assume he was thinking Arsenal/Barca type thoughts and not Roma, but he hasn't spat his dummy, he doesn't seem to have alienated himself with the rest of the team and he has played pretty well in the pre-seasons.

I got annoyed with him last season cos he was pretty poor, but that could be levelled at pretty much all the players, bar Kasper. I don't want to see him go, but if he feels he's achieved all he can with us, and wants to try something different, then so be it.  

If you look at how disruptive Payet was at Wet Spam and the ball ache it caused them, then I think Marhez has been ok.    

Agreed, but he's starting to piss me off no matter what. He should just shut the fvck up.

:nigel:

Can he not keep his mouth shut? Just as he was winning people over and the idea of a kelechi, vardy and him partnership was rising he does this!

It's hard to defend this, everyone knows that for the right offer the club will let him leave, so why keep on saying it. He isn't helping himself!

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much.

As Leicester fans we're used to losing our best players eventually, but this one really hurts.

I fvckin love Mahrez but he's really pissed me off with this.

He's the main man here, adored by us, on a great wedge, and central to our success. How dare he ask to leave the ungrateful fvcker!!

Problem is Muzz is that he's tasted CL football. He wants to be competing in that every season as does every player in the game as well as win as many trophies as possible. He obviously thinks he won't do that here. 

It is a kick in the nuts mind that he's made another statement about the issue. He needs to just get on with his game and see what happens. Stop running to the press and push for the move. He can't be that unhappy here surely? 

If latest reports are to be believed, he's making it public that he wants to talk to Roma - a few weeks ago we heard that he'd already agreed a contract and wages. I'll believe nothing till it's done.

He's contracted to us. If Roma or Arse or anyone else want him they should pony up a real offer and Mahrez should shut his mouth and work his ass off until someone does and Leicester agree to let him go.

Tiring.

9 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Hope he's benched for Arsenal and Gray gets a start ..... getting sick to death of him with his lack of respect for our club

Because Gray can do what Mahrez can? Let's not kid ourselves, it's testament to Leicester City that we've unearthed a player as talented as Mahrez and is seemingly a modern day miracle that we've kept him for this long. Like many of us, he knew that winning the league was the high point but publicly made it clear that he wanted to stay for one more season. It's clear that he wanted to honour the club's wishes to keep him for one more season and he did that - to varying degrees but he did so nonetheless. As fans we have to accept that player power is at its highest in modern football at the moment and Mahrez is clearly in demand. He's been as loyal to us as he needs to - helping to win 2 league titles and perform magic at the highest level that our club has ever been. In my opinion, there is not merit there for us to cling onto him or bench him - he's our most skilful and technically gifted player. If he's going to a different league, then we should allow him to do so for a slightly lower cost, still bolstering our finances by £30+ million, given that he cost virtually nothing to buy in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Because Gray can do what Mahrez can? Let's not kid ourselves, it's testament to Leicester City that we've unearthed a player as talented as Mahrez and is seemingly a modern day miracle that we've kept him for this long. Like many of us, he knew that winning the league was the high point but publicly made it clear that he wanted to stay for one more season. It's clear that he wanted to honour the club's wishes to keep him for one more season and he did that - to varying degrees but he did so nonetheless. As fans we have to accept that player power is at its highest in modern football at the moment and Mahrez is clearly in demand. He's been as loyal to us as he needs to - helping to win 2 league titles and perform magic at the highest level that our club has ever been. In my opinion, there is not merit there for us to cling onto him or bench him - he's our most skilful and technically gifted player. If he's going to a different league, then we should allow him to do so for a slightly lower cost, still bolstering our finances by £30+ million, given that he cost virtually nothing to buy in the first place. 

If he's as good as you say why should we let our competitors get a bargain? Would they sell us a player on the cheap?

After reading your post then £100m or see out your 4 year £100K+ per week contract without your whinging. He owes us more than we owe him but that's all irrelevant as is the price we bought him for.

13 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Puck Mahrez.

35 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Hope he's benched for Arsenal and Gray gets a start ..... getting sick to death of him with his lack of respect for our club

- Gray is rubbish when he starts

- You want Gray to start who sent his reps to speak to Rudkin behind the manager's back?

I bet you like Ulloa.

3 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Personally wouldn't sell him no matter what as he is irreplaceable and under contract so I would tell him to knuckle down but I know footballers hold the power.

£50m should be the minimum irrespective of European or U.K. Club imo.

However, having been to watch Roma on a few occasions to suggest they are not bigger than us is ridiculous - they are the biggest club in Rome and have a fanatical following with great facilities including their new training ground with new stadium plans approved. Even the most ardent fan needs to respect and understand that there are European clubs which dwarf us unfortunately.

I'm waiting for someone to say they're the only club in Rome. ?

16 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

I assume people are skating over the fact Mahrez has said if he remains at the club hr will continue to do his best?

Thought so.

I'm sure he was expected to 'do his best' when he signed his big contract last summer too. He's lost all interest in being here, his words are just lip service.

no replacement yet so Leicester is better to keep him get him to stick with Leicester for more years with new contract buy clause 70 m £ and 150 k and give him the right to chose new players to make Leicester  a possession team and mahrez have to some changes to his image by adding some fence tattoo ( tattoos sells ) 

since a foreign owner is paying the wages of a foreign player every body is happy 

so no roma no EPL teams bring in arsenal 

Let him talk to Roma and give him a letter in Italian advising Roma they can have him with pleasure, subject to them making a sensible bid, one that acceptable to LCFC, not them, not RM, not his plonker of an Agent.. Give them a deadline which once past any deal with them is dead.. I like many see this Roma ploy as an attempt by his advisors to  bring Arsehole into the equation.

Neymar's move has just ****ed over most clubs and most half decent players. 

With the astronomical fee for Neymar we can expect to see at least 10 million added to the price of most players. That effectively cuts Italian football out of the buying market. Mahrez has gone public in an attempt to get someone, heck anyone, to bid for him. 

Couple of thoughts:

The club has not shown any sign of shifting, so that's good. The other is that I think Riyad is using the Roma interest to show he's interested in offers from outside the Prem that aren't Barca. Last season it was Barca or bust. This summer, until Roma, it was all about Prem teams. 

His performances and demeanour haven't shown he wants out or nothing, like other players we have seen. Maybe I am being overly optimistic but unless a massive offer comes in, I can really see him staying.

He's never said "I want to leave, and I'm done here" and downed tools. He's always said he'd be interested to exploring new opportunities. Some people on here have really overreacted and are treating him like a traitor. 

disappointed in him, he shouldn't do that, he already said that he wanted to leave so way say it again.
can't help but feel that because he is a confidence player  the boo's from last night effected him even though they warn't the majority of fans

Archived