Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

Sorry but you cant go for wanting top football to roma. They arent juventus or even close. He just wants out so that he can hissy fot next season and come back to england. Figures he cant get out with us to any team in england so perhaps a roundabout way?

Losing respect for him with this comment.

3 years on his contract. He leaves when get offered a realistic fee.  He can talk to anybody he likes, but Rudkin et al just have to hold firm and forget this running down the transfer window clock bullocks.

Just now, mozartfox said:

3 years on his contract. He leaves when get offered a realistic fee.  He talk to anybody he likes, but Rudkin et al just have to hold firm and forget this running down the transfer window clock bullocks.

Agreed. I think its time all teams who dont want to sell a player hold firm to prices (and keeping a player especially if its a smaller club that could be adversely affected by the transfer).

Transfer window should  also be closed before the season starts  and not open  in january. If they do open in january its for loans only.

1 hour ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

If you read my post properly I clearly said that if he's going to a different league then £35 million isn't unreasonable. Bare in mind that Dybala; one of the most talented young players with clear Champions League pedigree went to Juventus for £34 million last year - Mahrez would be one of the most expensive players going into Serie A in its history. You're letting the Premier League's inflated valuations skewer the fact that the amount Roma are offering would be their club record; moreover Mahrez wouldn't be able to play against us. If it were an English club enquiring, then by all means I agree with you - we should aim for £50 million. But, since we only appear to have interest overseas, we're playing in their court, because we'd be left relying heavily on a player who doesn't even want to play for us any more - a dangerous position to be in. 

No we're not. We're playing in our court. Football is a worldwide business. He's on a 4 year contract. We don't need to sell for the money.

I'm no ITK, I'm no expert, I've no idea what's happening behind the scenes, but I do know that whilst we don't need the money, we won't want to stand in his way if a proper bid comes in from a genuine trophy chasing team. However as a matter of principle I would imagine that the owners will want as much as possible along with add ons and under £50M will always be rejected, at least for now. 

My my only concern is the wages which will have increased this season with fewer games being played and no one leaving, hence the for now caveat! 

He needs to get his head out the clouds, there are lots of people who would love to do lots of things but they cannot because they are financially constrained.

He is in the exact same position and needs to accept that until a bid that meets the valuation comes in he is going no where.

Oh and Roma suck big time. We would have beaten them hands down in last seasons champions league.

15 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There's no guarantee of him winning anything ever again, even at a so called top 6 club.

Just take the 100k a week, come back down to earth, knuckle down and get on with it.  We're not too far off the top 6 ourselves especially with a couple of decent additions.

I think it's more than being a top six club now! I think he just doesn't want to be at Leicester full stop! 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

No we're not. We're playing in our court. Football is a worldwide business. He's on a 4 year contract. We don't need to sell for the money.

Great post.

I couldn't give a shiney shite that Roma are stretching themselves or he'd be one of the biggest transfer fees in Serie A.

If you can't afford Mahrez then tough, buy a lesser player within your budget.

55 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

He needs to get his head out the clouds, there are lots of people who would love to do lots of things but they cannot because they are financially constrained.

He is in the exact same position and needs to accept that until a bid that meets the valuation comes in he is going no where.

Oh and Roma suck big time. We would have beaten them hands down in last seasons champions league.

Actually just about everyone otherwise I'd be posting this from my £100m yacht. (Instead of my £50m one). :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

What do you mean Gray is rubbish when he starts ? What are you basing that on the 5 or 6 games he's been allowed to start ?

Ulloa is pants ... we all know that.

I'm basing it on evidence, when he has started he's not done a great deal.

Gray fantasists are basing his merit to start on potential whilst creaming themselves of 'getting rid' of the best player that will ever play for us.

(If you're wondering who I'm referring to, our mongy fanbase booed him last night)

33 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Owners should sit him down, sell their ambitions, I mean it's not been a bad transfer window so far, will he do better else where, probably not. 

He may not like our style, and what the coaching staff Want/expect him to do,  

he might dislike  our team set-up as it is.

If I was him I wouldnt either, to be honest...Many in this This forum reckon he should take up better

Defensive duties for  example..!! 

Though our new signing might see us play differently.

52 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Right now he would not start at a top 6 club.

If he thinks roma is a step fwd he is crazy 

Best to work with a coach and sort his game out

Mahrez playing with quality players around him is better than any one in the right side from: arsenal, spurs, united, Chelsea and he can even push for playing time in man city and pool

Glad people are seeing sense, when this first kicked off I claimed he wouldn't start at a top club, I got laughed at, I got shot down, now people are agreeing.

Even on his top game I don't think he's a definate starter at top clubs.

I just find it funny how he's lowering his ambitions now, before it was a top English club or Barcelona, now it's Roma, before it was CL club, now it's top 6 and Europa League.

As i've said i'd love it if we finished top 6 and see what he comes out with, or even funnier would be him moving, them not finishing top 6 and we do, but

1) I don't think we would finished top 6 without him and

2) I can't see us selling to a top 6 club/him really being that serious in a top 6 club, I mean who is an definate top 6 club? The league is so open in with teams fighting in that area of the league, I mean I like to think of us as challenging for a top 6 place, it's an aim.

Someone is going to bid silly money for him in the closing days of the transfer window. Our best hope is he wins us 6+ points in the league early doors, or somehow he stays due to a transfer falling though. Either way as it gets to the point where the window is nearly shut teams look for almost guaranteed transfers and they'll know with Riyad £40-50 million gets it done.

He can moan all he wants, unless we get a replacement in he won't be leaving....it's entirely his own silly fault and we've just valued him at what we feel he is worth....not our fault no one is willing to match it...he will stay.

12 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Lol. Oh dear Mahrez.

Screenshot_20170805-230636.png

Not LCFC's fault that Roma are ****ing about with dubiously structured deals that fall way short of our valuation. They can't afford him so should kindly **** off rather than unsettling the player. Not sure if it's crossed Riyad's mind but if Roma really want him and they're the club for him then why are they wasting everyone's time with joke bids? If they wanted you that bad Riyad they'd have made a decent offer, not one that's £19m short of the stated valuation and which is a third bid at that. The club should have told them to fvck off and don't ring again after they offered £20m.

I love Riyad but I desperately hope the club stick to their guns on this one although I have a horrible feeling if Roma offer £35m then the club will accept. If that was to happen then at the very least the club should demand the £35m up front rather than some sort of spread-the-cost higher purchase fudge.

Archived