Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

43 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

According to Leicester.

If it was indecent why they would still be talking?

How do you know that we are talking?

As far as I can tell Roma have put in a couple of offers that have been refused and that's as far as the dialogue goes. I'm not sure Leicester and Roma have sat round a table and tried to find middle ground.

FWIW I think we'll sell at £40m which we be an absolute bargain especially as Salah sold for a similar price and he's not fit to lace Mahrez's boots.

Tired of these roma fans coming on here acting like we should sell him for cheap because we just should.

Would you have been happy to sell totti to juventus for €1 million in his prime if you valued him at €6 million? No. Youd scream bloody murder.

All this speculation, and people beliving what is written in the press (press of questionable standing). 

The facts are that Mahrez wants to leave.

Leicester will let him leave IF they receive an offer matching their valuation.

An offer matching their valuation has not yet been received. Not from Rome not from London.

Thats it. If we receive an offer of £40m then I'm sure City will talk. - But a new factor is fast approaching - Time. We won't accept any offer, if we feel we no longer have the time to procure a replacement. It's all very well Mahrez throwing the toys out the pram, but the only way he can force a move in the winter window, would be to play his heart out and play well.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Tired of these roma fans coming on here acting like we should sell him for cheap because we just should.

Would you have been happy to sell totti to juventus for €1 million in his prime if you valued him at €6 million? No. Youd scream bloody murder.

It's a man chasing after a woman he can't have

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

All this speculation, and people beliving what is written in the press (press of questionable standing). 

The facts are that Mahrez wants to leave.

Leicester will let him leave IF they receive an offer matching their valuation.

An offer matching their valuation has not yet been received. Not from Rome not from London.

Thats it. If we receive an offer of £40m then I'm sure City will talk. - But a new factor is fast approaching - Time. We won't accept any offer, if we feel we no longer have the time to procure a replacement. It's all very well Mahrez throwing the toys out the pram, but the only way he can force a move in the winter window, would be to play his heart out and play well.

Win-win for all of us. Mahrez seems to understand and accept that he must play and practice with purpose as long as he's still here. 

We get a world-class player back (temporarily); he gets his suitors to pony up the £. 

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

If Okazaki posted that as his facebook picture no one would bat an eyelid.

Mahrez is seriously in danger of alienating himself with the fans.  

Well they'd want to know why he was positing a picture of Riyad for a start...

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

How do you know that we are talking?

As far as I can tell Roma have put in a couple of offers that have been refused and that's as far as the dialogue goes. I'm not sure Leicester and Roma have sat round a table and tried to find middle ground.

FWIW I think we'll sell at £40m which we be an absolute bargain especially as Salah sold for a similar price and he's not fit to lace Mahrez's boots.

Cuz Monchi is not an idiot and he wouldn't have wasted so much time on a player he didn't have at least a shot a getting.

Besides, he's been as straightforward as they come in his interviews: if room for signing Mahrez was none he would have told the media already.

He's not the kind of guy who likes to give false hopes to the fans.

14 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I don't think you should sell him for cheap at all.

What I'm trying to say is simply that £31.4 coming from Italian club is not a low-ball offer. We're not being cheap is my point.

6 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

But would you agree with me that £50m isn't exactly what Leicester are asking?

I think thats  what they are asking for but that's what you do in business- ask for an amount and then usually settle for something less. If you announce the amount you are willing to accept then you won't get it - you will get lower offers.

Just now, SaporeDiMahrez said:

What I'm trying to say is simply that £31.4 coming from Italian club is not a low-ball offer. We're not being cheap is my point.

It is a low ball offer if we priced him at 50m whether its a Italian club or not.

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Even 40 mill would feel like a very disappointing deal in relation to other transfers this season. 50 mill just about ok

40m (euro though) is likely what Leicester are asking. 

Roma can probably go as far as offering 35+3, not more. 

2 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

I believe the kids here say 'don't touch what you can't afford'.

2 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

You are when you've just sold a previous premier league reject for far more than you are offering.

If you handed over every penny of the Sallah money, you could feasibly get him.

12 minutes ago, SaporeDiMahrez said:

Cuz Monchi is not an idiot and he wouldn't have wasted so much time on a player he didn't have at least a shot a getting.

Besides, he's been as straightforward as they come in his interviews: if room for signing Mahrez was none he would have told the media already.

He's not the kind of guy who likes to give false hopes to the fans.

Well there is enough encouragement that Roma and Mahrez want this to happen. Maybe he's hoping Leicester will eventually relent if Roma appear to be the only buyer?

I for one hope my club don't entertain a cut price deal just to resolve the situation. Mahrez was voted the best player in the Premier League in 2015/16 and 7th in the Balon d'Or. The price Roma want to pay is grossly inadequate IMO.

Archived