Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

47 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

no replacement yet so Leicester is better to keep him get him to stick with Leicester for more years with new contract buy clause 70 m £ and 150 k and give him the right to chose new players to make Leicester  a possession team and mahrez have to some changes to his image by adding some fence tattoo ( tattoos sells ) 

since a foreign owner is paying the wages of a foreign player every body is happy 

so no roma no EPL teams bring in arsenal 

Mate, whatever you've smoked I want some.

just sit him down and ask him "would a new 20k pay raise, an offensive RB and a box to box is enough for you to stay for the next few seasons with a new release clause next summer for barca only"

if so, then great, if not, than 35 million pounds+ a player would do.

i blame gaelicfox for this, as soon as he started to worm up to riyad again, this happens lol:(

14 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Couple of thoughts:

The club has not shown any sign of shifting, so that's good. The other is that I think Riyad is using the Roma interest to show he's interested in offers from outside the Prem that aren't Barca. Last season it was Barca or bust. This summer, until Roma, it was all about Prem teams. 

His performances and demeanour haven't shown he wants out or nothing, like other players we have seen. Maybe I am being overly optimistic but unless a massive offer comes in, I can really see him staying.

He's never said "I want to leave, and I'm done here" and downed tools. He's always said he'd be interested to exploring new opportunities. Some people on here have really overreacted and are treating him like a traitor. 

People like him and yesterday was a glimpse of what we could have next season if he was to stay. I get a hard-on just by imagining how it would look like if we also sign a good CAM. 

Then right after that you find an article where he's pratically begging for a move, even if said in a reasonable, professional way. No wonder people are getting pissed off. Yet booing him or treating him like a traitor is a step one shouldn't make. Even if he clearly wants out, he's still behaving professionally.

26 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Couple of thoughts:

The club has not shown any sign of shifting, so that's good. The other is that I think Riyad is using the Roma interest to show he's interested in offers from outside the Prem that aren't Barca. Last season it was Barca or bust. This summer, until Roma, it was all about Prem teams. 

His performances and demeanour haven't shown he wants out or nothing, like other players we have seen. Maybe I am being overly optimistic but unless a massive offer comes in, I can really see him staying.

He's never said "I want to leave, and I'm done here" and downed tools. He's always said he'd be interested to exploring new opportunities. Some people on here have really overreacted and are treating him like a traitor. 

"His performances and demeanour haven't show he wants out or nothing"

Because he's in not position to, he has another poor season and his dream of a move to a big club is over, is in the balance at the moment, he needs to have a good season, he needs to be on fire to gain any interest for what we value you him out. Both sides of the coin are down to him (The doubt of his quality/potential and our valuation, Jekyel and Hyde if you like - We all know his quality but at our valuation...it puts doubt in your minds after last season). I think he'll stay simply because no-one wants to take that gamble on our valuation.

The fact as i've said he need to have a great season, prove his worth is only a good thing for us.

"He's never said 'I want to leave, and I'm done here' and downed tools."

Well he has just in other words, as for downed tools, he had a season off last season then expects to click his fingers and exit the club and walk into a top club, does he not realise this? Yes the other players were poor and arguably downed tools/had a season off but they're not demanding a move - that doesn't justify them by the way.

It didn't look like a playing trying to engineer a move, put himself in the shop window or try for us, in a weird way not 'engineering a move' you can thank him for albeit we got frustated with him last season, but then he comes out with crap like he is, I just can't see how he justifies it or has the cheek to come out with these comments.

Does he not realise this is all his own making? The lack of interest, Clubs not will to take the gamble, Clubs not wanted pay our valuation in a crazy transfer market where average players are being sold for £30m - £50m, We know Mahrez is far from average yet people are only bidding £30m in an over-inflated market. Fans of other clubs don't want him - I know 4 Arsenal fans (Not a huge demographic I know) who 100% do not want him near 'their' club, fans of other clubs question him, all of this is his own fault, add to that fact he's not moaning about our valuation - Does he think making these comments is gonna make us lower it? He's just making clubs that do have abit of interest in him bid lower because they know he wants out, we are playing hardball and too right, I just hope we continue too.

He's created this shitstorm, he's made his bed, he now needs to accept it and let his football do that talking, the best option for him is to stay quiet, have a flying 1st half to the season and hope there are interested clubs willing to meet our valuation in January, if not, next summer.

What would be interesting is if the scenario i've gave of him stopping, having a great season, not getting a potential move till next summer, but if we finish top 6, what does he do? Afterall it's gone from 'wanting to go to a club that has Champions League' to 'wanting a top 6 clubs'.

11 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I don't get how he's going to leave and we've not reallly been linked with a replacement, or will that give grey the green light and Lawrence the back up.

If we don't replace him or add some kind of creativity and chance creator, it's gonna be a long season! 

56 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Neymar's move has just ****ed over most clubs and most half decent players. 

With the astronomical fee for Neymar we can expect to see at least 10 million added to the price of most players. That effectively cuts Italian football out of the buying market. Mahrez has gone public in an attempt to get someone, heck anyone, to bid for him. 

I don't think it will. When you buy unique quality items the price can be anything like buying the Mona Lisa.

I think if Sigurdsson goes for £50m it has more effect in the market as it's a statement that this is what good players go for now rather than world class players. There are hundreds of players similar ability wise to Sigurdsson but only a handful similar to Neymar.

It's only a comment. I didn't read much into it. Also he sounds like he's got his head down in the meantime and getting on with it. What's the problem?

Guy wants to talk about his career. Wish I could talk to someone about mine!

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't think it will. When you buy unique quality items the price can be anything like buying the Mona Lisa.

I think if Sigurdsson goes for £50m it has more effect in the market as it's a statement that this is what good players go for now rather than world class players. There are hundreds of players similar ability wise to Sigurdsson but only a handful similar to Neymar.

I disagree. When the transfer record increase by 138% there is bound to be some impact. There is £109m difference between Neymar at 1 and Pogba at 2; any replacement Barca want will inevitably cost £100m+.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

If he's as good as you say why should we let our competitors get a bargain? Would they sell us a player on the cheap?

After reading your post then £100m or see out your 4 year £100K+ per week contract without your whinging. He owes us more than we owe him but that's all irrelevant as is the price we bought him for.

If you read my post properly I clearly said that if he's going to a different league then £35 million isn't unreasonable. Bare in mind that Dybala; one of the most talented young players with clear Champions League pedigree went to Juventus for £34 million last year - Mahrez would be one of the most expensive players going into Serie A in its history. You're letting the Premier League's inflated valuations skewer the fact that the amount Roma are offering would be their club record; moreover Mahrez wouldn't be able to play against us. If it were an English club enquiring, then by all means I agree with you - we should aim for £50 million. But, since we only appear to have interest overseas, we're playing in their court, because we'd be left relying heavily on a player who doesn't even want to play for us any more - a dangerous position to be in. 

I think mahrez was professional with his SSN interview as he show his desire to play at AS roma ( he said its a great club )

so there is one way for roma to get mahrez is bidding a 40 m  £ plus adds on ( 50-55 m € ) by paying first part now and will pay a second part later on as roma will get more from CL matchs 

Leicester will be happy 

Roma will be happy 

Ryad Mahrez will be happy 

genuine fans ( the majority ) will keep a good image of him

Booed fans will transfer their booes to albirighton when he  misses a cross

7 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

Booed fans will transfer their booes to albirighton when he  misses a cross

Another top post from my old mate Almo  :) ....     I'm going to miss you when you transfer over to the Roma forum.

In fact we should try for a signing on fee ! ...    He's got to be worth a tenner at least ...   Always makes me smile ..

Just now, Countryfox said:

Another top post from my old mate Almo  :) ....     I'm going to miss you when you transfer over to the Roma forum.

In fact we should try for a signing on fee ! ...    He's got to be worth a tenner at least ...   Always makes me smile ..

he is canadian!

23 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

If you read my post properly I clearly said that if he's going to a different league then £35 million isn't unreasonable. Bare in mind that Dybala; one of the most talented young players with clear Champions League pedigree went to Juventus for £34 million last year - Mahrez would be one of the most expensive players going into Serie A in its history. You're letting the Premier League's inflated valuations skewer the fact that the amount Roma are offering would be their club record; moreover Mahrez wouldn't be able to play against us. If it were an English club enquiring, then by all means I agree with you - we should aim for £50 million. But, since we only appear to have interest overseas, we're playing in their court, because we'd be left relying heavily on a player who doesn't even want to play for us any more - a dangerous position to be in. 

But that was last year. We're now into the new TV deal which sees the last placed team in the league earn more in TV money than we did when we won it! This is a world where 28 year old Marko Arnautovic costs £20m. Roma and their piss poor offer can do one.

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

mate roma will show respect to Leicester by paying the price tag

i m Leicester fan if mahrez is gone there another skillfully player Ben chilwell who will shine this coming season as a king of the left flank and no wonder if Leicester will not wait longer to put a high price on him ( 40-50 m £ )

Ben  chilwell the next Marcelo 

3 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

- Gray is rubbish when he starts

- You want Gray to start who sent his reps to speak to Rudkin behind the manager's back?

I bet you like Ulloa.

What do you mean Gray is rubbish when he starts ? What are you basing that on the 5 or 6 games he's been allowed to start ?

Ulloa is pants ... we all know that.

Archived