Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

18 hours ago, Harry S said:

We have the money to buy players like Thorgan HAZARD but nooo we try to sign andros townsend ffs ?

I agree. I have to cough to having a friend who's a Spurs fan. He describes Townsend as a one trick pony with very little end product and they thought they'd never get rid of him.

57 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A typical sign of a player who's reputation is more than it should be, is the number of clubs he's moved around in a very short space of times. Townsend is the epitome of such a player. If he was any good, someone would want to keep him.

No ta.

Get off the fence Col. lol

10 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Him on the left and Albrighton on the right we could do some serious damage whipping balls in for Slimani. 

Thats a complete revamp of how we play. Conventional wingers with a centre forward ???. Townsend does not fit this team at all. He was bad news at Tottenham & hasn't settled anywhere since.

They might be gift-wrapping him for us. In terms of work ethic and attitude he'd fit in well. I bet Vardy and Nacho are salivating at the prospect of endless crosses from Albrighton and Townsend. Not to mention Simpson who may actually get a little help for once.

Having said that, I'm always wary of players who've been with so many clubs. Are they mercenaries or unlucky victims of circumstance every time?

Did I miss how much CP were asking?

1 hour ago, Wizerud said:

They might be gift-wrapping him for us. In terms of work ethic and attitude he'd fit in well. I bet Vardy and Nacho are salivating at the prospect of endless crosses from Albrighton and Townsend. Not to mention Simpson who may actually get a little help for once.

Having said that, I'm always wary of players who've been with so many clubs. Are they mercenaries or unlucky victims of circumstance every time?

Did I miss how much CP were asking?

I get what your saying about players with a long list of previous employers but we won the league with journeymen such as Simpson an Morgan...

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He's not even starting for CP

They look to be playing a system using wingbacks instead of wingers... Possible that he just doest suit their formation.

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He's not even starting for CP

Means nothing.

Huth wasnt starting for Stoke

Simpson wasnt starting for QPR

etc etc

We need to start playing games without Mahrez (arguably we already are given his powder puff performance against Arsenal) and Townsend would give us the options to start that process.

He's got Premier League experience, would count towards our home grown quota, works hard, pace, good delivery and wont cost us the earth.

Its not the most exotic or exciting signing, but they cant all be.

image.png.88b13f238ef7d1956be73801bb8c71ba.png

As a bit of a old romantic like some others in here of years gone by 1971 - 1977 ish.

The best Footballing Team I ever had the pleasure to see............... Sorry but I couldn't resist as soon as someone mentioned Glover, Weller, Garland, Sammels, Birch etc

During the early 1970s, Bloomfield was able to fashion a Leicester side renowned for flair, skill and free-flowing football, whilst running the team on a shoestring budget. Legends like Frank Worthington, Lenny Glover and Keith Weller were all apart of the side that dazzled the top flight for six years. If there was any doubts about the substance to Bloomfield’s attractive side then note that Leicester were relegated as the bottom club the season after his departure.     :wub:

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

The guy brings nothing to the team. A problem where ever he has been & not even a first team player for Crystal Palace. Has it really got down to this for us ?

Exactly. He's not apparently in December Boers plans and although Newcastle looked at resigning him, apparently they decided against it.  If he's not good enough for those two why is he good enough for us?

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Exactly. He's not apparently in December Boers plans and although Newcastle looked at resigning him, apparently they decided against it.  If he's not good enough for those two why is he good enough for us?

Isn't half of our squad rejects from other teams? Wasn't the same said about Huth, Albrighton, Simpson etc.

Sometimes players just need to right tactics and platform for make a success of it.

Archived