Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

The guy has hardly ever had a decent run in a team and has been loaned out on a regular basis. Lets not forget Albrighton who has only ever played on a regular basis for the last couple of seasons and was a Villa reject we normally do our homework and there are a lot worse than him and importantly he looks a team player.

5 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

He ran the boozer at Smeeton Westerby ( Queens Head ?) a while back. He served time for fraud, l believe, at about the same period ! 

I think that was graham cross. Blackbird road post office? He told me all about it when we played cricket together somewhere in lincolnshire?

8 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

I think that was graham cross. Blackbird road post office? He told me all about it when we played cricket together somewhere in lincolnshire?

Glover served time for laundering money gained from cannabis dealing in 2004 ( 3 yrs ). Crossy was a decent cricketer wasn't he ? 

We can't replace Mahrez but we do need a player or two who play in the approximate position he does on the pitch and I'm pretty sure Gray and Lawrence can cover that patch geographically. But if one goes we need someone like Townsend. Mahrez is almost a luxury player at this point. 

45 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Glover served time for laundering money gained from cannabis dealing in 2004 ( 3 yrs ). Crossy was a decent cricketer wasn't he ? 

Shame Glover went to Pot!... 

What a player he was. 

..Graham Cross played cricket for Leicestershire... 

Cross,  Sjoberg and Roberts ... A solid back three!... 

Where's my De Lorean!!? 

48 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Didn't know that about Lenny. Graham Cross was a very able cricketer and played for Leicestershire.

8 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

Townsend had a serious attitude problem at Spurs 

A lot of my mates are Spurs fans( unfortunately) but they all reckon he is very flakey

So as possible Mahrez replacement nooo

A flakey attitude problem, did he see Kanes Lion tweet and say "who you kidding Harry?" What a flake ;)

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Hard working wide player who gets through a fair amount of defensive work whilst also being pretty creative. Sounds like exactly what we need and exactly the sort of player we could have done with Friday night.

IMG_3410.PNG

You're so right there. Mahrez may well have not been on the pitch for what he contributed to the proceedings. Had this guy been playing, he could have made the difference to us losing or getting a point. Who knows, but I'm sure he would have made a bigger contribution to the outcome than our "superstar", who incidentally doesn't want to play for us anymore.

6 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

He certainly was. A very heavy hitting middle order batsman. Nick named "The tank" he was playing minor counties at the age of over 50. Some kind of level at football too. Was very lean and wiry. Often wondered how he got his nick name. But he could still hit a ball a fair way. Remember the club restaurant up stairs had its windows smashed in many times. Ironic as the ground next to to the Safff???

Archived