Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

5 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

You're so right there. Mahrez may well have not been on the pitch for what he contributed to the proceedings. Had this guy been playing, he could have made the difference to us losing or getting a point. Who knows, but I'm sure he would have made a bigger contribution to the outcome than our "superstar", who incidentally doesn't want to play for us anymore.

Ignoring the CL I see! 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Trouble is he doesn't want to play for us... 

I'd rather have Townsend than someone who doesn't want to play for us.

100k a week and the showing on Friday night that was put out there was downright unacceptable regardless of whether he wants to be here or not.

Just now, weller54 said:

Agreed!.. 

His attitude stunk! 

But the consensus from many would appear to be that because he was a world beater two seasons ago, we can forgive it as he's the most talented player we've ever seen.

Fact of the matter is he's been found out, and appears unable to adjust his game to counter the way opposing players set up against him.  

Think the club has a difficult decision coming up. If we sell Riyad too late in this window we will be hindering our chances of getting the right replacement in place. If we cannot sell him to a Prem team we can forget about getting 45 to 50 m. So what do we do, take the Roma offer and see if he decides to go to them or keep him and face the possibility of being stuck with an unhappy player . After his performance against Arsenal I am beginning to think we need to get rid of him ( never thought I would say those words) and get a player that is able to give us something more than a cardboard cutout when the opposition has the ball. Was totally gutted by hie commitment in the second half last Friday. I just pray we do not think Andros Townsend is the answer. 

7 hours ago, the fox said:

Ignoring the CL I see! 

I'm not ignoring anything. He was happy to play for us then, but a lots changed since, the biggest change being he doesn't want to play for us now. I don't see what the CL has got to do with the current situation!

51 minutes ago, FoxonMaui said:

Think the club has a difficult decision coming up. If we sell Riyad too late in this window we will be hindering our chances of getting the right replacement in place. If we cannot sell him to a Prem team we can forget about getting 45 to 50 m. So what do we do, take the Roma offer and see if he decides to go to them or keep him and face the possibility of being stuck with an unhappy player . After his performance against Arsenal I am beginning to think we need to get rid of him ( never thought I would say those words) and get a player that is able to give us something more than a cardboard cutout when the opposition has the ball. Was totally gutted by hie commitment in the second half last Friday. I just pray we do not think Andros Townsend is the answer. 

Pretty much this, I've defended Riyad to the hilt but Friday night was the tipping point for me. 

I haven't looked at the transfer forum for a few days and I logon to see the name Andros Townsend. :ranieri:

1 minute ago, Worthington said:

I don't really do 'stats'.....If I believed them then I probably wouldn't be posting this !!

Interesting though, to note the 'tackles' and 'interceptions' figures above.

Would seem to confirm that Townsend does indeed have a defensive side to his game. Wide men not 'tracking back' was a continual weakness in our game last season and led to us getting 'swamped' more than necessary !

Just saying !

I'm pretty certain he would have been more effective on Friday than Mahrez was

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

But the consensus from many would appear to be that because he was a world beater two seasons ago, we can forgive it as he's the most talented player we've ever seen.

Fact of the matter is he's been found out, and appears unable to adjust his game to counter the way opposing players set up against him.  

Yes thats people on Foxestalk who wear the most blue tinted specs i have ever seen. In the real world he should leave.

42 minutes ago, Worthington said:

I don't really do 'stats'.....If I believed them then I probably wouldn't be posting this !!

Interesting though, to note the 'tackles' and 'interceptions' figures above.

Would seem to confirm that Townsend does indeed have a defensive side to his game. Wide men not 'tracking back' was a continual weakness in our game last season and led to us getting 'swamped' more than necessary !

Just saying !

We were crying out for another Albrighton on Friday, it's quite clear that CS doesn't fancy the defensive side of Gray's game so we ended up keeping Mahrez on the pitch. If Townsend could get anywhere close to giving us that defensive support and threat going forward Albrighton offers, he'd be a fine addition.

People need to learn to not judge players on reputation or how they have faired at their current clubs. There is often more to it than that. For example, not many creative or attacking players have excelled at Palace over the last few years.

Marc Albrighton is the perfect example, a player that didn't fit Villa at the time and didn't seem like a particular outstanding signing. However put him into a system that suits him and look what happens. Same could be said for Vardy, Drinkwater, James, Simpson etc. A non-league striker and a bunch of Man Utd rejects, hardly anything to get particularly excited about but they have grown to fit the our style of play.

Townsend ticks a lot of the boxes for our style of play. Ok, he maybe doesn't have the magic of Mahrez but he is undoubtedly better defensively and if he can be effective going forward more consistently than Mahrez is then he has the potential to be a very good signing.

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We were crying out for another Albrighton on Friday, it's quite clear that CS doesn't fancy the defensive side of Gray's game so we ended up keeping Mahrez on the pitch. If Townsend could get anywhere close to giving us that defensive support and threat going forward Albrighton offers, he'd be a fine addition.

I'm convinced he would

The state of people saying Mahrez doesn't want to play for us when the forum was creaming their pants at the prospect of Gylfi Sigurdsson who hasn't taken part in preseason or played for Swansea lol.

Townsend could be a decent player for us. Bags of ability, I've always got the impression he's the type who needs a lot of attention.

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

People need to learn to not judge players on reputation or how they have faired at their current clubs. There is often more to it than that. For example, not many creative or attacking players have excelled at Palace over the last few years.

Marc Albrighton is the perfect example, a player that didn't fit Villa at the time and didn't seem like a particular outstanding signing. However put him into a system that suits him and look what happens. Same could be said for Vardy, Drinkwater, James, Simpson etc. A non-league striker and a bunch of Man Utd rejects, hardly anything to get particularly excited about but they have grown to fit the our style of play.

Townsend ticks a lot of the boxes for our style of play. Ok, he maybe doesn't have the magic of Mahrez but he is undoubtedly better defensively and if he can be effective going forward more consistently than Mahrez is then he has the potential to be a very good signing.

I'm not convinced and always felt he somehow looked better for England than any off his clubs, however your post makes a reasonable point, our problem still becomes if he is working harder and helping out defensively, we need something more from our full back.

Fuchs for example is not the most mobile but his delivery is 10 times better than anything Simpson offers from the other side.

I didn't see Fridays game so I can't comment on Marhez, but he really look that disinterested? He can be magic and I thought he had looked ok in pre-season but I do fall into, if he can't be arsed and doesn't want to be here, find someone who does, and that's not Gray as I don't see him as the answer either. So maybe Townsend is a decent option.

53 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

That's not row Z, that's hit the High Cross car park

Then that's a fvcking shot and a half as he's shooting toward Aylestone.

45 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Gotta love FT sometimes. You post what you think is right and there's ALWAYS some smart ass around to post stats or video to completely disprove you. Ie. To make you look like a dick.

lollol Col you need no help you manage perfectly well on your own lollol 

Soz mate but you did kind of leave that open lol 

Archived